Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

Playstation Network Placed in Glad Bag, Tossed Off Pier with Concrete Block

Well, looks like its back to PS2 Online Gaming. The glory days of stretching out some cord across the floor where others could trip, shoving it into the back of your PS2, and play some games! Even though a lot of PS2 games I've played online are lag ridden, minus Finest Hour. Best PS2 Online gameplay (Or at least the smoothest) in my opinion.

yellowmadness54 said:

no, The fact that this thread is implying PSN sucks or is bad and sony sucks for doing it.

Who the fuck said that?

Captain Toenail said:

Luckily I delete my details after purchasing something, but I'm still uneasy...

I'd be uneasy if I was in your position, since there's no way to verify that the details you deleted were purged from the system.

yellowmadness54 said:

What is the goal of this hack, may I ask?

Revenge, most likely.

yellowmadness54 said:

The comic strip saying "It only does [place error code here]"

So apparently posting a comic strip written by someone else automatically makes said comic strip the opinion of the person that posted it?

GreyGhost said:

I'd be uneasy if I was in your position, since there's no way to verify that the details you deleted were purged from the system.

Revenge, most likely.

Like I said earlier :P

GreyGhost said:

So you did, though yellowmadness54 seems to favour pictures over words - so here's another picture that implies Sony sucks. ;-)

there is alot of irony in that.
They say sony victomized us, the consumer, yet anon is the group that did the hacking (and for a rather unimportant reason)and made it so I am unable to play mah games online or talk to my friends.

Who gives a damn about Geohot? I mean, I'm on both sides here. If people want to use it, let them use it. But really, is it a big enough deal to go and damage sony's servers?

This is like a dumbed down version of war...and its over the internet.

yellowmadness54 said:

Who gives a damn about Geohot?

I do. George is a cool guy.

It also sounds like you don't know what you're talking about again, but I'll leave that alone for now.

Mithran Denizen said:

It also sounds like you don't know what you're talking about again, but I'll leave that alone for now.

Next week on Doomworld: YellowMadness shares his thoughts and opinions on the US's current economical state

This idea of clauses against CAL might actually come to bite them in the ass. It has the potential to awaken more customers (notice I didn't say "consumers", or "zombies") to vote with their wallet and boycott companies that jerk them around.

Anyway, if someone hates Sony, why even support them? Are the games worth putting up with their shit? Wouldn't it feel better to spend money on a product that's made by a company who cares about its customers? Suing their ass or hacking them isn't going to change Sony, it'll just cause them to react. But if they can't bring in enough money from sales, then they're done for...

yellowmadness54 said:

there is alot of irony in that.
They say sony victomized us, the consumer, yet anon is the group that did the hacking (and for a rather unimportant reason)and made it so I am unable to play mah games online or talk to my friends.

The thing you're missing is that "anon" isn't a single, all-encompassing group. Just because a group of people do something and say they're anon does not mean that their actions are approved and justified by other anons. Also, that picture was for an attack at the beginning of the month that they since stopped, because they were trying to find a way to hit Sony where it hurts without hurting the players that just wanted to play.

Quast said:

I expect that ruling will be appealed, not that it affects class action suits filed outside the US. The notion of being required to sign an arbitration agreement when purchasing goods or services is one I find abhorrent.

yellowmadness54 said:

no, The fact that this thread is implying PSN sucks or is bad and sony sucks for doing it.

That Sony sucks is not an implication, it is an evidence. Like any other megacorp of its size, it is blindly following a course for immediate profit and does not respect its customers in the slightest. That's why they "protect" the stuff they sell you to play (music, movie, game) but keep your personal information in a plain old text file.

GreyGhost said:

I expect that ruling will be appealed, not that it affects class action suits filed outside the US. The notion of being required to sign an arbitration agreement when purchasing goods or services is one I find abhorrent.

I didn't realize that SCOTUS rulings could be appealed.

I also don't get the impression that anyone is required to sign an agreement when buying things. I would think that it's up to the company to require it or not. If some companies require them and others don't, that would be a competitive disadvantage for the ones that require them and so I can see them not being widely used.

AndrewB said:

I didn't realize that SCOTUS rulings could be appealed.

If not - how about suspending the judges over a large cauldron of molten steel and politely asking them to reconsider their ruling?

As for the arbitration agreements, they'll most likely be buried somewhere in the boilerplate license agreements that most companies use. Nobody signs them since use of the service/software/equipment is considered to be acceptance of the terms and conditions. For that matter, how many people bother to read license agreements from start to end?

Craigs said:

Next week on Doomworld: YellowMadness shares his thoughts and opinions on the US's current economical state

heh heh.

Should start my own radio station. I dont know anything about economics, and should not even try. my strongest points are Astronomy and Hoplology, but mainly astronomy.

Though on here I do tend to make often awful posts but thats a bad habbit of mine from other sites, I'm trying to get better.

If you're picking on that guy's spelling, there's also the missing 'n' at "never" and my personal pet peeve, the "it's/its" confusion.

AndrewB said:

I also don't get the impression that anyone is required to sign an agreement when buying things. I would think that it's up to the company to require it or not. If some companies require them and others don't, that would be a competitive disadvantage for the ones that require them and so I can see them not being widely used.

I'm not sure how this stuff really works, but don't you actually have to sign a contract for something to be legally binding?

If I go to the grocery store and buy some food, I'm not signing a contract, it's just a simple transaction. Same deal if I buy a toaster or microwave oven. Or heck, even a computer. Those items (even the food), come with a certain warranty to refund or replace defective items, within a certain time period. But I don't have to sign any contract for that, it's all part of the transaction.

But it seems that lately, when you buy software (something I haven't done since like 1995), you're forced to accept a "EULA" before it can be installed. And it seems this has become standard practice for pretty much every piece of software these days? And somehow this becomes a binding contract (you don't physically sign, but still accept the restrictive license terms).

So if it has become standard practice in the software industry, similar forced-relinquishing of rights could spill over into other areas. Like maybe you buy a cellphone or game console and it doesn't activate until you click "I agree to the terms of the license". And then before you know it, it has become standard practice in all those industries...

Craigs said:

also 400.00 pounds = 668.330 USD, way too pricey for a console.

At that time (1995), I'd personally have gone with an Amiga CD32. Cheaper, and you could actually plug in keyboard, mouse, etc. and use it as a real computer (ran all the standard Amiga games & apps in addition to CD32 only titles).

Plug in a SX1 expansion module (which I have) or an SX32 accelerator (which I want) and the CD32 is better than an A1200.

I have one, received on the 28th. I have other dummy-accounts though so I'm sure their fake email address received ones too. Looks pretty legit to me, although I'm sure Sony stated somewhere they will not be sending any mail to anyone.