Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Harry Potter and the Doomworld Thread About His Latest Movie

Aliotroph? said:

The sixth one left in all the crap about chasing girls and removed most of the stuff about Harry learning of the past, which would have been far more interesting.

You'd figure they could have at least covered it in the seventh movie, in between all the mindless meandering.

Thank fucking god that this shit is finally over. I hate Harry Potter with a god damn passion. This is worth celebrating over...

I thought that the pacing of the movie was a bit odd. I kicks off pretty hectic and gets more so for a while. However, it then slows down and gets a bit trippy and meaningful right about the time when you would normally expect a movie to be ramping things up.

Personally, I thought it would have worked much better if the big battle at Hogwarts could have been happening at the same time as the duel between Harry and Voldemort and have the two scenes cutting back and forth (You know, a bit like how the duel between Darth Vader and Luke happened concurrently with the battle on Endor and the space battle around the death star).

Anyway, I quite liked the movie and it was better than part one which, like the book, was pretty dull and had far too much time spent in a tent.

Enjay said:

Really? I think that the books are competently written, for the most part, but sometimes clunk a bit around the edges. I regard some of the choices made as questionable. Some things work well, others less so. They are a good enough crafting of Rowling's vision and quite entertaining but IMO they stop a long way short of being masterpieces.

yeah you're probably right

they're just a lot of fun.