Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath666

vgmusic.com - 30k midi collection

If you want to click 30k times then be my guest. Pretty sure I was on dial-up at the time, and vgmusic didn't offer a full link that I could download and take home to browse, so I made one then posted it here.

Sodaholic said:

More than three years later and I still don't understand why one shouldn't download from the site directly.

For the same reason why some people make a local copy of an entire /idgames archive on their computer. Searching and browsing files on your own computer is comfortable, and you don't need to be connected to internet at that time.

Sodaholic said:

More than three years later and I still don't understand why one shouldn't download from the site directly.

In the meantime they appear to have changed hosts at least twice while adding less than 50 midis to the archive. Most of that sites activity is in the Newly Submitted Files section, with around 4500 of the midis there having been submitted since the last major update four years ago. If you want to go click crazy, that's the place to do so, after downloading the zipped collection.

Hmm... Might try and do the world a favor and weed out the bad ones, and reupload a smaller file size version for those who don't enjoy sifting. I personally do enjoy it, but I'm sure some people would rather just have an easy batch of choices.

Thanks for the link!

Holy shit, this site still exists??

I haven't been on that since I got my Acer computer 9 years back. Used to use it on a online playlist while playing Runescape when it was kinda awesome. (dont play it anymore, stopped 08?)
Most music I listened to were mostly Zelda and Starfox. Most listened to was one of the Minish Cap songs, umn... Picori Village one.

I never bothered with midi's of game music, a decade ago I used to use Winamp to extract the music from those gsf and usf and so on format packs of actual extracted game music and create MP3's of them.

I think USF was from N64 games and GSF was from Gameboy Advance games.