Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spazman

Doomworld Amazing Music thread (no longer a quiz section, just post good music here.)

I'm planning on doing a 5-round song quiz on here, each separated into categories of my choosing. Don't worry, I pick good music, not any "New Pop" stuff. I'm not sure of a winning prize right off hand, maybe a new version of my Doom RPG game, but hey, I dunno yet. Anyway, here's the rules for this challenge:

-No googling the answers - if you think you know this stuff, type it in.
- Answer must include: Song Name/Band Name/Album. We're going for points here ppl.
-No...stupid stuff. Let's play.

------------------
1. "Your face is scarred with steel, wounds deep and neat."
2. "Let us have peace, let us have light, let us escape the cruel night. Let us have time, and let the sun shine. Let us beware the deadly signs."
3. "You won't hear me. But you'll feel me. Without warning, something's dawning, listen. Then within your senses, you'll know you're defenseless. How your heart beats when you run for cover."
4. "Kill for game and shoot to maim- we don't need a reason. The golden goose is on the loose, and never out 'till season."
5. "Don't remember where I was, but I realized life was a game. The more seriously i took things, the harder the rules became. I had no idea what it cost- my life passed before my eyes. I found out how little i'd accomplished. All my plans denied."
-------------------

Good Luck~!

2. "Blitzkrieg" - Blitzkrieg (A Time of Changes)
4. "2 Minutes to Midnight" - Iron Maiden (Powerslave)
5. "A Tout Le Monde" - Megadeth (Youthanasia)

Almost had it, Grazza. (first guy to the answer first wins)
I'll give you a hint about one of em tho: The Lead Singer's B-Day was, I think, Today. Well, er, yesterday now.

1. Diamondhead - Am I Evil (Lightning to the Nations)
2. Blitzkrieg - Blitzkrieg (Buried Alive)
4. Two Minutes to Midnight - Iron Maiden (Powerslave)
5. A Tout le Monde - Megadeth (Youthanasia)

TheSpazztikOne said:

Almost had it, Grazza. (first guy to the answer first wins)
I'll give you a hint about one of em tho: The Lead Singer's B-Day was, I think, Today. Well, er, yesterday now.

So it's a Judas Priest song eh?

YESSSS! Staright from Their album of sort of the same name - Turbo.
And that wraps up round one. Let's see who we have in the standings:

1- Bashe: 3 songs
2- Marnetmar: 2 Songs*
3- Vaporizer: 1 song

*: Blitzkrieg was featured in two albums, Buried Alive (Single), and A Time of Change.

------------------------
Well, gimme some rest, and I'll get the next set of questions up soon.
And, a special video for that final song:

TheSpazztikOne said:

-.- allllllllrighty then. Ok. Technically, yer both right. lemme adjust the scores...heh.

Heh, you didn't have to. I was just giving you a hard time.

yeah, lolz. ppl do that a lot. As for that prize, I'd better do a little bit more work on it for the release after this contest is over. The demo will have:

-Monsters from Realm667 bestiary (16 color format)
-Team Play (though only 2 party members are available right now)
-A few lengthy areas available.

And the intro story is done. Hopefully I can get finished with the nuclear plant in time for demo release.

As for the above, I was meaning that i'd give out the test-copy to the Doom RPG I've been making. It's been in production for like 2 and a half months now. It's not commercial, just a fangame. Not fer sale.

Anyway, later today, the next set of questions will be posted.

Not really. I'm planning on continuing the game even after that. I just needed a little prize for the winner of the 5-round game, is all. After that, if anyone still wants to play, i'm game.

It's just gonna go right back to how the game was played a few months back. No prizes, must music for fun. I guess the 'prizes' could be Youtube vids of the last-guessed song.

Time for a thread bump! Also, time for another round of this. No prizes, just seeing how much you know. Some of the best music from the world's best bands (IMO).

Rules: No googling the lyrics, song name, artist, etc.

Your job is to guess the song, and the artist. You can include other info if you want.

Now here's your challenge:

Category: Heavy Stuff- A 80's and previous retrospective.
---------------------

1."Up here in space, I'm looking down on you. My lasers trace everything you do. You think you've private lives, think nothing of the kind. There is no escape, I'm watching all the time."

2."I feel so good I feel so fine. Love that little lady always on my mind. She gives my loving every night and day, never gonna leave her, never going away. Someone to love me. You know she makes me feel alright. Someone to need me. Love her every single night." (Edited for being too vague 80's wise)

3."We come from the land of the ice and snow, From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow. The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands, To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming."

4."Red flash clouds choking out the morning sky. They said it'd never come, we knew it was a lie. All forms of life die now the humans all succumb. Time to kiss your ass goodbye the end has just begun!"

GOOD LUCK!

I feel I may know the music behind number 2, but those are precisely the sort of lyrics that could appear in any one of any number of hits across the 80s.

Number 3 is, of course, Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin.

1. Judas Priest - Electric Eye
2. Black Sabbath - Sabbra Cadabra

Last one sounds familiar, but that could just be the subject matter.

Allrighty then, here goes another round of this game. With no prizes, the prize is the fact that you know what these songs are and can share them with the world. Ok, then. Let's get started today:

Today's category is: Anything Goes

You know the rules. If you on't see em here, Check em out from above posts. Ok, here we go...
--------------------------------------------------------------

1. Goin' home, late last night. Suddenly I got a fright. Yeah I looked through a window and surprised what I saw. A fairy with boots and dancin' with a dwarf,

2. Imagine you were at my station, and you brought your motor to me. You're a burner-yeah a real motor car.

3. Can't you see I'm easily bothered by persistence. One step from lashing out at you... You want in to get under my skin and call yourself a friend.

4. Out on the street, I'm stalking the night. I can hear my heavy breathing. Paid for the kill, but it doesn't seem right. Something there I can't believe in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Well, tried to make this slightly harder. Think well.