Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

RAGE is apparently a very solid game!

With less than a week till RAGE ships I have to say that I'm very hyped about this game!

Everyone from IGN http://pc.ign.com/articles/119/1196567p1.html to a guy who got the game early http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/942657-rage/60448168?page=8 says only good things about the game.They especially praise the atmosphere, shooting mechanics and how well the racing part works.

I have to say, I had my doubts about this game but now I can't wait to play it :D.Only a few more days till 4th of October.Also, if someone wants to play coop with me when it ships PM me

P.S DooM 4 will probably be developed with next gen consoles in mind!And it is reported that the engine is "Eye-destroying" http://sillegamer.com/?p=3562 KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS STILL JUST A RUMOR

By the way, if you preorder the game your copy will automatically be Anarchy Edition which includes the double barreled shotgun!

All that means is that they will be going for a lower target refresh rate of the rendering which allows them to get more detail and visual fidelity in.

Oy vey. Yes, on PCs there are a lot more customizability, which will allow for people with faster computers to have faster refresh rate as well. Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

DooM_RO said:

P.S DooM 4 will probably be developed with next gen consoles in mind!

What next gen consoles?

DooM_RO said:

Everyone from IGN to a guy who got the game early says only good things about the game.

WOW, just like every other big name title game to be released ever! This is excellent news.

Yeah I woudln't put my faith in most review sites that also gave The latest halos and call of duties, and the clones that followed them 9/10 scores.

Well, I'm sure it's technically true. Id isn't known for releasing unstable games with showstopping bugs. Now whether the game is "enjoyable" is less of a sure thing.

Bucket said:

Well, I'm sure it's technically true. Id isn't known for releasing unstable games with showstopping bugs. Now whether the game is "enjoyable" is less of a sure thing.

Why are you people having so little faith in Id?I mean they invented the FPS, they made DOOM!Just because DooM 3 wasn't good enough doesn't mean their future games won't be a blast.

Because Doom 3 wasn't Doom 2 with 2004 graphics, therefore everything they touch can't be trusted because Doomworld.

Of course, there's also Tim Willits and his "always-on DRM is great! Also, fuck used games" attitude.

Xeros612 said:

Because Doom 3 wasn't Doom 2 with 2004 graphics, therefore everything they touch can't be trusted because Doomworld.

Haven't you learned by now?

Xeros612 said:

Of course, there's also Tim Willits and his "always-on DRM is great! Also, fuck used games" attitude.

Well that would have been a bad design decision imo.Imagine if DooM was a wolfenstein reskin.Whether you guys like it or not games have to evolve.I just wish Id would make DooM 4 like blizzard made Starcraft 2

DooM_RO said:

Why are you people having so little faith in Id?I mean they invented the FPS, they made DOOM!

ID has been riding on the coattails of doom1/2 and quake1/2 for almost 15 years and has done little to nothing of value since then. (although some may argue for quake 3, I won't. That is to say, I might, if team arena was never developed.)

In any event, rage may very well be a solid game, but no one should take IGNs word for it, and certainly not 'OMG it's an ID game guyz!' either.

Csonicgo said:

Haven't you learned by now?

Wolf3D sucks. Doom sucks. Quake sucks. Quake 2 sucks. Quake 3 sucks. I forget if there was a console version of RTCW. Doom 3 sucks. Quake 4 sucks. Rage preemptively sucks.

Heh.

Sigvatr said:

I'm such an elitist gamer, I don't even play games.

Funny. I'm pretty much the same way nowadays. Mostly due to jadedness. Though I finally fired up Crysis 2 recently and finally got hooked enough to complete it (its blockbusters), and thus inspired I also finished Resistance 3 (great game & series, but hard due to clear all enemies first stuff). Now looking forward to GOW3, Dead Island, and now of course Rage.
I still get sucked in by the epic campaign FPS occasionally. But I find it has to be fantastical (not COD stuff).

Dragonsbrethren said:

I forget if there was a console version of RTCW

PS2 and XBox... Under different subtitles, but I'm pretty sure they're all the same.

And that graph is retarded. But I think that's stating the obvious, unless those are true opinions. Even then...

Dragonsbrethren said:

Wolf3D sucks. Doom sucks. Quake sucks. Quake 2 sucks. Quake 3 sucks. I forget if there was a console version of RTCW. Doom 3 sucks. Quake 4 sucks. Rage preemptively sucks.

Heh.

So get yourself a copy of Catacombs 3-D during a Steam sale. It's the only good id game, after all.

Clonehunter said:

And that graph is retarded. But I think that's stating the obvious, unless those are true opinions. Even then...

Yes, it's a joke. However, those thought processes have been expressed many times before, on many gamer forums, even on DWF, but never composed into a single piece of data, making them seem "retarded".

And you're right. They ARE retarded. It's so retarded that it's laughable. Yet, take each question in that flowchart alone and you will find post after post on forums (even this one) with these same viewpoints.

Csonicgo said:

So get yourself a copy of Catacombs 3-D during a Steam sale. It's the only good id game, after all.

Correction: Gamer's Edge ;)

DooM_RO said:

Well that would have been a bad design decision imo.Imagine if DooM was a wolfenstein reskin.Whether you guys like it or not games have to evolve.I just wish Id would make DooM 4 like blizzard made Starcraft 2

I know. I was being sarcastic and pointing out the crappy logic many Doomworld members like to spew about Doom 3 being "bad".

I definitely don't want Doom 4 to be made like Blizzard made Starcraft 2, though. Shit quality art style(like Blizzard adopted for fucking everything since WoW), rebalancing for lower-ranked players, nerfing zerg into the ground... ugh, that'd be horrible for iD to emulate.