Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What does everyone think about this potential war between war mongering bullies of the middle East (Israel), and Iran? If Israel starts this, Russia have stated that they would get involved because they have an alliance with Iran, and it would also mean that America would declare war on Iran, so in other words this could spark a world war. I've even heard somewhere that America has started a laughable media campaign that will supposedly sway public opinion into thinking that Iran is evil so it looks like America is already getting prepared for this war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beonoKiVYzY

I'd be interested in hearing what everyone else thinks about this...

Haven't we kinda been in WW3 for a while now?

Not every country was directly involved in WW1 & 2, before you argue that the worldwide scale of these wars earned them their names.

I wouldn't call Iran "evil", but Iran's leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a giant dickhead. He has stated multiple times that the US government was behind the 9/11 bombing, which is tasteless and inexcusable conspiracy theory bullshit. He has shown blatant disregard for human rights, which have deteriorated greatly since he has been in power, and according to Human Rights Watch these negative changes stem from appointments made directly by Ahmadinejad.

Vordakk said:

I wouldn't call Iran "evil", but Iran's leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a giant dickhead.

he's doing his gaddafi impression for the western media, but he's not the most powerful man/dictator in his country, you know? iran is a theocracy and the government is a puppet in the hands of elder clerics, ayatollah khamenei in particular.

It's sabre rattling - nothing more. If Israel was REALLY worried about Iran's nuclear program I doubt they'd give 12 months warning before launching air strikes.

Vordakk said:

He has stated multiple times that the US government was behind the 9/11 bombing, which is tasteless and inexcusable conspiracy theory bullshit.

Indeed! The Jews were actually behind it, as Borat correctly pointed out.

Vordakk said:

I wouldn't call Iran "evil", but Iran's leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a giant dickhead. He has stated multiple times that the US government was behind the 9/11 bombing, which is tasteless and inexcusable conspiracy theory bullshit.

Still not enough to justify a war. If anything, the most tasteless things I've seen in the middle east are the double standards and actions carried out by America to quench their greed for oil, and acts speak much louder than words. And although I strongly disagree with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's accusations I can see where Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is coming from because of America's devious history with Iran.

Vordakk said:

He has shown blatant disregard for human rights, which have deteriorated greatly since he has been in power, and according to Human Rights Watch these negative changes stem from appointments made directly by Ahmadinejad.

Or maybe human rights deteriorated when America started messing with Iran in the first place? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm92_NDdTw4&feature=related

The aggressors over here are clearly not Iran. And hey, they're building nuclear facilities, oh boy do you know who else has nuclear weapons? America (who are to this date the only power to have used an atomic bomb) and Israel. So this is going to be a war founded on double standards. Is it really out of line when I say people need to start seeing through this shit now?

And while we're at it, Israel isn't exactly that good with human rights either, maybe the US should invade them as well?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX18zUp6WPY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIQZ1-RFq6A&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3DIrXd33SI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX6fu2_WfRI&feature=related

dew said:

he's doing his gaddafi impression for the western media, but he's not the most powerful man/dictator in his country, you know? iran is a theocracy and the government is a puppet in the hands of elder clerics, ayatollah khamenei in particular.

It's amazing how few people in the U.S. know this. People are actually under the impression that Iran is run by a bumbling cartoon character. What's funny is that when I try to explain this to people, half of than get pissed at the concept that Iran wouldn't send its biggest figurehead on diplomatic visits... because, you know, we'd send our president to Iran in a heartbeat.

Anyways, WWIII has "almost happened" dozens of times in the past decade alone. I don't see it happening now.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

If I remember, this topic have been repeated.

Yeah, we had this discussion not too long ago.

I doubt anything would come of this. If Israel starts lobbing nukes, I don't think the US would come help them. We have enough issues going on right now as it is anyway.

Still I'd love to see what would happen if the bigger powers stayed out of it and Israel had to go it alone against the whole arab league. That proud, arrogant, selfish nation would be bulldozed into the fucking sea.

deathbringer said:

...and Israel had to go it alone against the whole arab league. That proud, arrogant, selfish nation would be bulldozed into the fucking sea.

lolz, wrong again. arab nations would probably burn a few flags in the streets and then send a heartfelt congratulations to isreal. not only they hate iran for being the center of the shiite islamism, they also despise persians. yeah, that's right, iran is not an arabic country. this pamphlet even puts persians in front of the jews, haha. also iirc certain wikileaks documents revealed that a few arab countries urged israel to strike on iran in the past.

I'm not in favor of war with Iran. I think some of what goes on there is a bit shady, but I think the U.S. might be better served by staying out of the business of other countries, unless our intervention is absolutely necessary.

Israel is trying to dupe UK and America into fighting another one of their wars pretty much, this could well spark World War 3 as countries like China and Russia have threatened to step in for Iran

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is just a publicity figure meant to keep the people of Iran distracted. He has no real power to speak of, and basically he says outlandish things about other countries in an attempt to distract the people of Iran from the problems in their own country.

geekmarine said:

He has no real power to speak of, and basically he says outlandish things about other countries in an attempt to distract the people of Iran from the problems in their own country.

...pretty much like George W. Bush, George Papandreou and Silvio Berlusconi for their own countries?

geekmarine said:

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is just a publicity figure meant to keep the people of Iran distracted. He has no real power to speak of, and basically he says outlandish things about other countries in an attempt to distract the people of Iran from the problems in their own country.

this is highly debatable. he has a great impact on his country - if only because he doesn't challenge the ayatollahs as much as perhaps another presidential candidate would. he did voice opinions opposing the clerics and he got shut down hard, but who is to say there's not a worse guy waiting in queue and ahmadinejad is actually keeping things relatively sane?

maes' comparison to western world leaders is exaggerated, imo, however i would instantly recognize parallels drawn to the presidents and premiers of the soviet union vs. the real power of the secretariat and the first secretary of the communist party.

Vordakk said:

I'm not in favor of war with Iran. I think some of what goes on there is a bit shady, but I think the U.S. might be better served by staying out of the business of other countries.

I agree, how ever as it looks now US cant really step in there without risking economic breakdowns if the scale gets same as the
Irak scenario

Vordakk said:

unless our intervention is absolutely necessary.

little chance, but true again, and after that you need another election :F

It genuinely scares me just how blindly the US defends Isreal. They could randomly declare war on half the planet and the US would still take their side. Arrogant fuckers should be thankful they even have a country, because they didn't until Western (mostly British, in fact) interference wrongly created one for them due to some dark age religious fairytales.

Hey man, I take offense to that.

Anyway, I don't think the US will get involved in another world. Our economy is collapsing and our troops are already spread thin. If we do go to war with Iran, the president and every congressman who votes to do so deserves to be dragged into the street and shot. Our time as the world police is over. We need to concentrate on not letting our country fall apart instead of trying to forcibly mess with the politics of other countries. We've already proven that we can't do it anymore without turning into a costly quagmire, anyway.

DooMAD said:

It genuinely scares me just how blindly the US defends Isreal. They could randomly declare war on half the planet and the US would still take their side.

who are we talking about? syria, iran? usa might block resolutions in the un security council, but i highly doubt they'd actually move one finger in the militaristic sense. egypt? saudi arabia? turkey? israel would get pimp slapped in an instant, they don't get to attack other american friends, capiche?

DooMAD said:

Arrogant fuckers should be thankful they even have a country, because they didn't until Western (mostly British, in fact) interference wrongly created one for them due to some dark age religious fairytales.

hurr! jews should lick our mighty euroamerican boot, they only get to exist because we are so kind! fuck off.

dew said:

hurr! jews should lick our mighty euroamerican boot, they only get to exist because we are so kind! fuck off.

No, I said wrongly created. It's not something we should be proud of, just like all the other times the west has stuck their nose into the affairs of other sovereign nations when they had no fucking business whatsoever in doing so. We've got our fingers in all the pies and millions of people have died over the years as a result. And here we are interfering yet again.

We cut chunks out of a sovereign nation to make Israel. People died. The current Iranian administration was effectively put there by the west, overthrowing the previous ones because we didn't like them. People died. In the same way he had put Saddam Hussein in power in Iraq because we didn't like his predecessors. People died. How many more times?

There is no justifiable reason to attack Iran. None whatsoever.

and older, but still relevant:

DooMAD said:

The current Iranian administration was effectively put there by the west, overthrowing the previous ones because we didn't like them.

That is so wrong it actually hurts me to read it. The west supported the Shah and were all kinds of pissed when the Iranian revolution overthrew him. Unless you mean that the 1953 British/American coup that put the Shah in power in the first place was what caused the Iranian Revolution, in which case you're half-right because a lot of the problems that lead to the revolution were internal and would have eventually had to be dealt with regardless of who was in charge.

Tarnsman said:

That is so wrong it actually hurts me to read it. The west supported the Shah and were all kinds of pissed when the Iranian revolution overthrew him. Unless you mean that the 1953 British/American coup that put the Shah in power in the first place was what caused the Iranian Revolution, in which case you're half-right because a lot of the problems that lead to the revolution were internal and would have eventually had to be dealt with regardless of who was in charge.

The '53 one, yes. And if they're internal problems, then they can be dealt with internally, rather than other countries playing World Police.