Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vordakk

Climate Trolling

Csonicgo said:

I'm amazed you aren't banned already.

Cos that would be in keeping with Doomworld's liberal-mindedness, wouldn't it?

Fraggle has posted Penn and Teller vids before, so I must assume that he's at least somewhat of a fan. Yet he joins the choir of anthropogenic global warming believers in this thread. Tell me, good sir, what your take on these videos is?

penn&teller bs is awesome as a way to say fuck you to believers of obvious nonsense like spiritualistic crap and mystical energies and whatnot. i will go even so far as agreeing with them when they mock the sensationalist hacks who falsify their data to gain fame, however p&t do the same mistake by finding another "professor doctor of science, phd" that will put two lame excel-drawn graphs on the chalkboard and call shit disproved.

the planetary ecosystem has so many degrees of freedom that we cannot model it precisely enough. anyone claiming he has the answers is an idiot and should be disregarded. however there are valuable, peer-reviewed data that indicate the global warming is happening and that the amounts of carbon dioxide produced by the humanity are far over the planet's capabilities to absorb. going even further, there's a high probability a positive feedback from the emissions will destabilize it irreversibly. this is real talk, this is how shit works and not even ron fucking paul riding chuck norris' uni-corn can stop nature from following laws of physics. the only question is "where is the limit?"

so while i find it appropriate for p&t to ridicule the global warming hysteria that wants us to stop driving cars and having reliable sources of energy, i believe they're shooting themselves in the foot by going too far and just voicing their opinion (with a lot of curse words) on a matter that goes over their head.

tl;dr, fox news version: vordakk, i want you to give me a solid proof the global warming is not happening. it needs to be very short or my attention span won't fit it in and it needs to be in layman's terms, otherwise i will just ignore it like every true brave employed murcan would do. if you do not meet my demands within your next post on doomworld, i will assume you have given up and it will forever be considered the final proof that the global warming theory is true. the fate of modern society depends on you.

Vordakk said:

Fraggle has posted Penn and Teller vids before, so I must assume that he's at least somewhat of a fan. Yet he joins the choir of anthropogenic global warming believers in this thread. Tell me, good sir, what your take on these videos is?

Because agreeing with people on one subject automatically means that you agree with them on every single other conceivable subject, amirite?

Seriously, this shit is NOT just about global temperatures. Yeah, people are profiting from it, but that doesn't invalidate years of research from actual experts who conduct actual experiments.

You're throwing that out there as if it's a proven fact and not just gossip. And that's not cool.

Vordakk said:

the mainstream thought on this forum and said that global warming was real,

In my experience, there are far more people who consider global warming to be a scam than who believe it is real. There certainly seem to be considerably more documentaries/articles in favour of it all being a scam than which actually support it.

So in other words, the "mainstream thought" is that global warming ISN'T occurring, not that it is.

I personally believe in the "global warming scam" scam. That is, the anti-global warming camp are conning people into believing that climate change isn't occurring, when the real debate is about whether mankind is a major contributor to it or not.

Membrain said:

Seriously, this shit is NOT just about global temperatures. Yeah, people are profiting from it, but that doesn't invalidate years of research from actual experts who conduct actual experiments.

Like most here, you've missed the point of both the James A. Peden article and the P&T vids. The reason I referred to Fraggle in particular was because of what he said earlier,

"Scientifically there's a pretty clear consensus. It's only in the political arena that there's controversy."

The point of both the vids and the article was that the scientific and political arenas aren't separate. Money is being made off of people's belief in anthropogenic global warming. Scientists can and will be bought off to facilitate this. And one of my favorite quotes from the article was "serious science doesn't matter if you have the press in your pocket." You guys are(in typical fashion) automatically discrediting any scientific sources I bring to the table while treating your own scientific sources as the word of god.

Eco-religion indeed.

Vordakk said:

the scientific and political arenas aren't separate.

oh, they are. if you stop presenting scientific data and start pumping out ideology, goal-ridden selective data or just your own ideas, you're not doing science anymore. you're chasing your political goals and you're most probably lying to people. that's why there are peer reviews to weed out such frauds - politics don't have those, partly because economy, politology and sociology are hocus pocus. also because the common masses are gullible and lack critical thinking. yes, you are critical to science, but only because your favourite preachers told you to.

you just have a very poor understanding of the word science, you probably consider them a group of priests for atheists that decide on things to worship next like gravity or electric current on a convent where pope stephen hawking also puts arch-scientists to office. well, you are right, it's totally like that! also have you noticed how "science" sounds awfully close to "zion?" NOT a coincidence!

Vordakk said:

You guys are(in typical fashion) automatically discrediting any scientific sources I bring to the table while treating your own scientific sources as the word of god.

That's becasue all of your "scientific sources" have been refuted by multiple scientists, posted by multiple users that debunked their claims. Not all scientific claims are valid in an argument when they have been refuted by multiple people, or quote-unquote, peer review.

dew said:

yes, you are critical to science, but only because your favourite preachers told you to.

you just have a very poor understanding of the word science, you probably consider them a group of priests for atheists that decide on things to worship next like gravity or electric current on a convent where pope stephen hawking also puts arch-scientists to office.

Wow, your perception of me as a troglodyte flat-earther is right on the money!!! Just like "every true brave employed murcan", I'm lack the ability to think critically, and I never question what Fox News says. I attend church every Sunday and donate to the NRA, and I beat my wife(among other things).

So what other stereotypes do you believe in, dew?

Technician said:

That's becasue all of your "scientific sources" have been refuted by multiple scientists, posted by multiple users that debunked their claims.

Who refuted the assertions in the James A. Peden article I posted?

Anyone who thinks climate change isn't happening should look out the window. Fucking tards.

Mr. T said:

Anyone who thinks climate change isn't happening should look out the window. Fucking tards.

Texas en fuego, Ukraine people's piss freezing before hitting the ground, Alabama having F5 tornadoes in January!

BUT IT SNOWED IN DALLAS TWO YEARS AGO.

HAHA TAKE THAT AL GORE

Retards.

EDIT: I remember a scientist talking about CO2 being a greenhouse gas and due to this property, we can exploit it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide_laser