Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Michigan Vagi-- DENIED!

ironic, isn't it, that Virginia is so worried about preserving life, yet has carried out more executions than any other state in the U.S.

Fuck old men in congress deciding what goes on in a woman's body.

What's really ironic is the GOP doesn't give a fuck about the baby after it's born. If they have it their way, they'll force women to have children they can't possibly afford, but when the kid is born, they'd prefer it if the mother didn't see a cent of welfare.

" You can't afford a child? Well, you should have listened to GodJesus and kept your legs crossed -yeehaw!."

Birth control and contraception all the way, but I can't think of the unique genome created by fertilization as anything but a new human (deserving of "life, liberty, happiness", etc.). It's not just the "woman's body", it's some of her organelles in a new unicellular body with a whole new genetic code. The idea that life of a human starts at birth seems like such an unscientific notion to me.

But I do know that there are too many people on the planet and too much conception happening, so you could say it's better killing "less conscious" unborn people than killing other people who have lives in the open air (though I think that could be a slippery slope). Flawless contraception and more safe-sex education would be preferable. But given that nothing's perfect, I think that there should be more incentives for giving birth and giving the kid up for adoption, and a higher availability of parents willing to adopt instead of making a new kid themselves. (It's easy for me to talk though, as I've not faced any of this personally yet)

It gets really tiring though when the only pro-life people that I see in the public eye are otherwise backward thinking people who want to force their beliefs on others. They want to stop abortions, but they hate the idea of people using contraceptives and having safe-sex, so the solution to them is stopping sex. Not gonna happen.

...ok, and this shit happens in a country that claims to be the world's leader in democracy and progress, and whose propaganda claims we all should be like them? *scratches chin*

hex11 said:

They want them votes

The entire problem of the current political system. In america, during an election year, everything goes to shit.

Maes said:

...ok, and this shit happens in a country that claims to be the world's leader in democracy and progress, and whose propaganda claims we all should be like them? *scratches chin*

Along with the police brutality, property forfeitures, transformation of minor civil case offenses into federal felonies, torture camps, internet censorship, etc.

The US is now the world's most powerful offender against human rights and democracy, if anything. It may not be the worst, but it's all about trends and directions and they're all in a downward spiral.

But it's all being done for your own good! Don't you want the government to protect you from terrorists, pedophiles and Canadian discount pharmacies?

This Virginia bill is probably the most retarded piece of legislation I've heard of this week, the trouble is it's not alone - in a week's time we'll be fuming over some other politician's brain fart.

In an election year? In America it's always an election year! You guys never shut up about elections. It's really weird; I can't think of anywhere else that spends so much time talking about elections and having them nonstop, and yet I can think of so many other places that elect their governments.

It's sick how the people who talk most about being "pro-life" are usually also the ones who most support capital punishment. Bastards.

Csonicgo said:

LMAO, these fucks want to ban birth control too. Fuck 'em.

Yeah, this is fucking stupid.

What do they want us men to do, show proof that we have STD before buying condoms? That's just like showing our I.D.'s to the cashier that we're old enough to buy beer and cigars.

This bill is fucking retarded, I hope this shit doesn't spread to the northern states.

Maes said:

Government propoganda tends to be like that. Trust me, I live in the US and people aren't quite so oblivious as that... well, maybe in the Bible belt where the stuff really is viewed as "progress". At least the west coast US has quite a lot of people at the very least annoyed by government -- though most people would rather just get on with their lives rather than deal with politics ("It's not that I like the Empire, I hate it, but there's nothing I can't do about it")

HavoX said:

What do they want us men to do, show proof that we have STD before buying condoms? That's just like showing our I.D.'s to the cashier that we're old enough to buy beer and cigars.

I'm not getting this analogy at all.

phi108 said:

Birth control and contraception all the way, but I can't think of the unique genome created by fertilization as anything but a new human (deserving of "life, liberty, happiness", etc.). It's not just the "woman's body", it's some of her organelles in a new unicellular body with a whole new genetic code. The idea that life of a human starts at birth seems like such an unscientific notion to me.

Maybe so, but does that mean that the mother is morally obliged to carry the child to term?

But to stay on topic, this is almost certain to be thrown out as unconstitutional.

God damnit, Virginia. You're supposed to be the most progressive of all the southern states.

It get's worse, people.

The American Independent said:
“Vaginal penetration” appeared in news headlines Wednesday, following the Virginia House’s passage of a bill that mandates that all women seeking an abortion must first undergo a diagnostic examination using an ultrasound at least two hours before going forward with the scheduled abortion. The purpose of the proposed law as stated in the bill is “to determine gestation age” of the fetus.

In other words, they want to both humiliate and shame women who even think of aborting a fetus. This is just one last speed bump to make a woman feel guilty about abortion.

Technician said:

If they had it their way, all woman would be virgins until marriage.

Then they subsequently want you to squeeze out as many of those little fuckers fetuses as your reproductive organs will allow.

Snakes said:

Then they subsequently want you to squeeze out as many of those little fuckers fetuses as your reproductive organs will allow.

And then support them entirely through your own means.

Yep, I'm sure God is angry that America doesn't have more Uganda-esque demography and health standards than it does.

eargosedown said:
ironic, isn't it, that Virginia is so worried about preserving life, yet has carried out more executions than any other state in the U.S.

In essence, they defend a potential person but destroy a materially active one. Perhaps it can be expected in people that shun realities and turn to idealistic aspects as a recourse. Why? It varies, somewhat due to frustrations with adversities in life, otherwise because it helps their deceptions and the perpetration of injustices that can't be defended in a straight way.

phi108 said:

What's being debated is where "life" starts from a legal perspective. It's a category for concepts related to citizenship and rights, not about genetic details. What's being debated is whether it's sensible to try to condition the minds and control the bodies of women who have new undeveloped and potential persons in their organs that they may not feel determined to produce with their flesh and blood and nurture with their motherly effort. No one has a greater procreative drive than mothers and they are the closest thing to "god" to what's in their womb. Trying to force that drive from the outside when it is failing from the inside is morally stupid and impracticable. The decision is not about whether there will or will not be abortions. It's a decision allowing women, many of which will abort in any case, to do so in a healthy way without being persecuted.

Penalizing abortion but defending sexual education does not work because abortion is an aspect of sexual empowerment, which is what those adverse to public sexual education repudiate. They attack abortion in a key move to curb sexual education, which is a problem to their ways of life where women are second grade citizens.

I guess he changed their minds...in seconds!

Danarchy said:

God damnit, Virginia. You're supposed to be the most progressive of all the southern states.

Progressive? Maybe. Earning our place in the bible belt? Definitely. I can't drive anywhere without passing at least 6 churches.

DuckReconMajor said:

Earning our place in the bible belt? Definitely. I can't drive anywhere without passing at least 6 churches.

What part of Virginia are you from? It's possible that we have mutual friends.