Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Varis Alpha

Doomworld's Desktop Wallpaper Thread [Read the image-posting rules in the FAQ]

ahem, well then.

Mine WAS an iron maiden background, but it some how corrupted it self so I cant post it T_T

It was the Brave New World cover.

I would post a picture if google images links didnt take a whole page.

i used to be a cool kid that changed his wallpaper to whatever cool he found on the webs, but for a few years now, i'm strictly faithful to this one.

Mine is an awesome reactor screenshot from Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil. It's all fine and dandy, until you notice that the flashlight causes the railing to cast a shadow on a lightning arc generated by said reactor.

The laptop I'm on right now been using the same picture of my bitch for several years now.

Just imagine Windows XP's 'Windows classic' theme over top of that, with darker grey windows and dull red text on a near-black background. Also imagine 117 assorted (and mostly useless) icons clogging up the entire 1024x768 screen.

Used to have two monitors, but one had a maximum resolution of 1024x768; it was bottle-necking my display. So I took it off and now I can enjoy 1280x960.

I really need to put money aside to replace my CRTs....

My desktop's currently using a variant of Doom's Episode 3 sky that I found somewhere.

Clonehunter said:

Is that seriosuly the Fallout 2 Icon?

When you go to change it in the properties window the standard Fallout Boy face shows, but for some reason that face appears instead.

Clonehunter said:

Is that seriosuly the Fallout 2 Icon?

Fallout 1 is the same way. It's an Easter Egg - the face of one of the developers. It only shows with large icons toggled.

Click for bigger picture! My awesome dual-monitor setup. The right monitor pretty much always looks like it does in this picture, with Thunderbird running in calendar view, MediaMonkey always running for easy access music, and AIM/Steam Friends at the very right.

Clonehunter said:

You know you look at too much Furry when that first My Lil Pony wallpaper makes you think about getting horny.

PfffffffffffffffffffffffHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA that's terrible and you should feel bad.

Anyways, while Craigs has completely won the thread hands down so far:
http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad37/Xeros612/thatsterribleandyoushouldfeelbad.png
(I don't feel like scaling that down so here's just the hyperlink.)

Here is mine. I have one of those wallpaper switching things and something like 800 wallpapers so I see something different every day or if I reboot it changes..

http://youfailit.net/danarchy/Desktop.png

I have like 200 desktop backgrounds that rotate randomly every 6 hours, including like 20 of the ninja ones. Also, the reason for all the GTA games is because I bought those recently on Steam for some ridiculously low price.

yellowmadness54 said:

Yours is deffinately the coolest so far. What is that from?

I also like that DOOM with a quote from the Devine Comedy in it, thats pretty awesome.

But man, nothing can top how hardcore that lil pony is. Thats fucking metal.

It's from S.T.A.L.K.E.R., the greatest game of all time

Technician said:

well this does explain why a cartoon oriented towards little girls is now one of the most popular things on 4chan