Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

I'm fully convinced the GOP is insane (Bullet-riddled ‘Obama library’ outhouse)

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/06/17/bullet-riddled-obama-library-outhouse-appears-at-montana-gop-convention/

A distasteful outhouse labelled “Obama’s presidential library” raised eyebrows at the Montana GOP convention over the weekend.

According to The Missoulian, the wheeled outhouse was riddled with fake bullet holes and contained a fake birth certificate for Barack Obama, which was stamped “bullshit.” Graffiti on the outhouse read “For a Good Time,” and listed fake numbers in reference to first lady Michelle Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

Many so-called “birthers” believe there is persuasive evidence that Obama was not born in Kenya and created a fake birth certificate to become eligible to be President of the United States.

Montana Republican Party Chairman Will Deschamps told The Missoulian he did not know who brought the outhouse, which was parked outside the convention.

“It’s not something I’m going to agonize over,” he said. “Some of that stuff is not real good taste. We do have a president of the United States, and we have to honor that.”

The outhouse also appeared at the Memorial Day parade in Corvallis.

“Never have I been so embarrassed for the residents of this valley as I was when the Republican float passed by,” one Corvallis resident told The Missoulian. “Behind one of the pickups was an outhouse with the sign ‘Obama Presidential Library.’ I don’t care who you are or what party you vote for, Barack Obama is our president and deserves our respect as the Commander-in-Chief of our country.”

For once I am truly speechless. The Obama effigy was bad enough, but this was a PARADE FLOAT.

Csonicgo's article said:

Many so-called “birthers” believe there is persuasive evidence that Obama was not born in Kenya

Heh, they slipped.

Vordakk said:

Typical Csonicgo, you look for shit on one side but fail to see it on the other.

Both sides are bad, so vote Republican. Obama is the real divider, not these nuts that make effigies of the president and hang him on the gallows or something.

Also, find some evidence that doesn't make me have to disable my Murdochblocker.

And to be more specific, when your videogame "evidence" is shown at a DNC convention for people to see and play, you might have a point. Until then, you don't.

P.S. As a last edit, tell me when democrats tried (and succeeded) to take inalienable rights away from groups of the American people that deserved them. I expect current (2004-2012) data, and they cannot be corporations. they must be American people.

Letting that stuff appear at a party convention or on a parade float just looks bad on the party. Telling people they should show respect to Obama because he's a person, and maybe even one who tries to work his ass off is good. Telling people they have to respect him because he's the President is stupid and immature. Why must someone be respected more for winning an elected position?

There is a seemingly unprecedented (in my lifetime) level of hostility coming from the right, in the US.

I watched a documentary about Timothy McVeigh last night that was produced in 2007. In retrospect, it is staggering how similar his ideology was to the current tea party movement. Hatred of the government, fear that the government was going to take his guns, hearkening back to the Revolution and constantly cherry-picking quotes from the founding fathers, enthusiastic interest in forming a militia to "take the country back..." The only notable difference I can think of is that his religious ideology didn't seem to play a part in his political views. (e: It occurred to me that it might make sense to explain who the guy is, since this board is crawling with teenage dicktards these days that weren't even born when this event happened: Timothy McVeigh was the Oklahoma City bomber, a politically-motivated guy that caused more bloodshed in an act of terrorism than any other American on American soil)

I realize there are extremists on the left, as well. Even terrorist actions. One key difference though, is the amount of cover that's given to the tea party morons by the mainstream GOP personalities. The tea party is a mainstream republican movement. It's the only mainstream political movement in the US that also features this large number of violence-threatening participants.

Funny how these people think they're fighting for freedom even though they're more authoritarian than Fred Phelps after his bi-hourly dose of the old testament.

Marnetmar said:

Funny how these people think they're fighting for freedom even though they're more authoritarian than Fred Phelps after his bi-hourly dose of the old testament.

if only they were smart.

EDIT: speaking of old testament:

Yeah, it's very important what kind of imaginary friends he has.

Csonicgo said:

P.S. As a last edit, tell me when democrats tried (and succeeded) to take inalienable rights away from groups of the American people that deserved them. I expect current (2004-2012) data, and they cannot be corporations. they must be American people.

Democrats have been trying to take away plenty of our rights. Christians' rights to impose their beliefs on others... Businesses' rights to refuse to serve minorities... Corporations' rights to destroy whole ecosystems without repercussions... all gone, thanks to bleeding-heart Dumb-o-crats.

Bucket said:

Democrats have been trying to take away plenty of our rights. Christians' rights to impose their beliefs on others... Businesses' rights to refuse to serve minorities... Corporations' rights to destroy whole ecosystems without repercussions... all gone, thanks to bleeding-heart Dumb-o-crats.

NOT IN MY MURICA

USA USA USA USA

Birthers still exist? Jesus Christ you can request his birth certificate from hawaii as a matter of public record.

Nomad said:

Birthers still exist? Jesus Christ you can request his birth certificate from hawaii as a matter of public record.

Hey, this is the same group of people that supported knocking down a proposal signed by the public of Michigan because the signature sheet had a font they didn't like.

Csonicgo said:

NOT IN MY MURICA

USA USA USA USA

Please don't associate the space program with fucking Dale Earnhardt and Hulk Hogan. Oh Jesus. :(

e: yes I know you're joking. hehe.

Csonicgo said:

Hey, this is the same group of people that supported knocking down a proposal signed by the public of Michigan because the signature sheet had a font they didn't like.

WTF? Was it at least some kind of communist font?

Csonicgo said:

Wait, source? This has to be taken out of context, there's no way a group of people can be that stupid.

Aliotroph? said:

WTF? Was it at least some kind of communist font?

http://firedoglake.com/2012/04/27/michigan-republicans-kill-petition-over-font-size-whats-next-whining-about-kerning/ here's TEH STORAY.

The board’s staff had reported (pdf) that the petitioners had collected enough signatures, and recommended (pdf) that the board deny a challenge on the basis that the petition’s type size might be too small.

Marnetmar said:

Wait, source? This has to be taken out of context, there's no way a group of people can be that stupid.

as you can see, yes, they are that fucking stupid.

Actually, I think they're smart; it's their followers that are stupid. This is why they can deny and suppress so much without having to at least come up with a good excuse.

Font? Vagina? Really.

Aliotroph? said:

Telling people they have to respect him because he's the President is stupid and immature. Why must someone be respected more for winning an elected position?

It's not respecting the person in this case; it's respecting the office.

As long as Obama is the President, he is the President. The President is due greater respect than Joe Random Person because he is the President.

The other side of the coin is that he is also due greater mockery and satire than Ordinary McNormalPerson for the same reason; just not in the same venues. Criticism, even in the form of caricature, should concentrate on what he says, does, and apparently thinks; not on who he is. Because who he is is irrelevant: he is the President, end of story. What's important is what he does with that mandate.

Vordakk said:

Typical Csonicgo, you look for shit on one side but fail to see it on the other. How about this video game, I'm sure that's totally ok and not disrespectful at all.

Tacky and classless. However... there's a big difference; active versus passive media. One is a game you have to choose to download from the internet, the other is a parade float that is a public display that you are forced to watch. I can call make a Doom wad where pictures of you rape your mom; sure it's tacky and shows my true character as a complete asshole... but you have to want to see it by downloading it and palying it. If I take that message to the streets of your hometown in a parade float and force everyone to watch, it becomes disrespectful and downright nasty.