Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Confusion with steam

Hello, I went onto my games section of steam and selected all games and found this. Can't seem to upload a picture so I'll explain with the use of words. I have found Saint's Row the third in there with an option saying 2 days left and a download bit. Has Saints Row the third gone F2P? Or what's happened? I am relatively new to steam and seems like a dumb question but thought some of you steam users might know.
Cheers

Dave

It's a special, it's free to play for the weekend. Steam does things like this now and then. It confused me too when it first happened.

Oh right, I just wondered because when doing a bit of googling I didn't find any news regarding it and it had a £10.99 price tag when searching it on steam. Thanks for clearing that up. EDIT: One more thing actually, by F2P for the weekend does that only mean you get it for the weekend like a trial? Or some deal where you actually keep it?

No, just the weekend. Come Monday, you'll have to pay to play any more.

Thanks for the reply, I noticed when searching steam and I forgot to edit the post, purchased it and have been waiting about 5 minuts for it too reach 1%.

Downloading a steam game on a f2p weekend definitely takes a while. Last time I did it was when Unreal Tournament 3 was on its weekend a couple years ago, and I never got to play it (but I bought it anyway afterward).

Nomad said:

Downloading a steam game on a f2p weekend definitely takes a while. Last time I did it was when Unreal Tournament 3 was on its weekend a couple years ago, and I never got to play it (but I bought it anyway afterward).

That has seriously reduced my worry by a lot. I thought it was something to do with my system so thanks for clearing that up.

Nomad said:

Downloading a steam game on a f2p weekend definitely takes a while.

The idea is that the download finishes Monday at 00:01 AM.

When I first saw this I thought someone gifted me Brink until I looked at the timer and into how it worked. Sucked that after installing it I wasn't even able t play it because of hardware issues, such as, a lack of hardware.

Gez said:

The idea is that the download finishes Sunday at 1:01 PM PST.

FTFY, and they actually give the option to preload for free weekends now. Not sure if that's always been the case and I just missed it before, but the last couple I've taken notice to have given the option, including this.

Clonehunter said:

When I first saw this I thought someone gifted me Brink until I looked at the timer and into how it worked. Sucked that after installing it I wasn't even able t play it because of hardware issues, such as, a lack of hardware.

That's probably for the best. The free weekend convinced me that I'd never touch the game again even if it was made free permanently. I can't even remember what I didn't like about it anymore, it was that bad.