Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Merry Widow

Loud fan sound needed

If you have a game like Half-Life or Aliens vs Predator 2, as well as the tools to rip the resources from them, you'll probably find what you're looking for. I don't have access to games and the like right now, else I'd check through some likely (G)ZDoom .WADs for you.

F.E.A.R. has some good sounds in that vein, but I'd agree that Half-Life sound resources are the place to start.

Look up Delta fan on youtube if you want a real loud, obnoxious, high rpm, sound effect.

Wow! Thank you also!

I guess I should make an explanation.I am trying to blend some fan sounds for an 85 year old woman in my apt building to help her sleep.
Every bit of help is very much appreciated.I care very much for this lady.
Thanks to all.Everything has helped.

OMG!!!! BLESS YOU!!! The link you sent me is fantastic! I believe Marion (the lady's name) will really,really love this! I will order her one ASAP. It will be an early Xmas gift.Thank you all again!

durian said:

Have you considered pink noise?

Another convenient noise source is an FM radio that's tuned between stations, provided there's a large enough gap between them and the noise isn't automatically squelched.

Then there's also the "worn out computer fan" kind of loud, but that's far from atmospheric or techbase sounding. More like an annoying, screeching buzzing ;-)