Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

RL secret passages

Post here any real life secret passageways you know about. There is a pretty cool one in my grandfather's house. Maybe I'll make a short youtube video of it.

Hellbent said:

Maybe I'll make a short youtube video of it.

Do it!

If I ever have my own house built, it will be rife with secret passages :D

Nomad said:

Just make sure there is an audible dong when you enter one.

Technician said:

Just make sure there is an audible dong when you enter one.

And don't forget to make some clues like a misaligned paint or wallpaper or a light reflecting off of it in a certain way.

In my family home. There was this crawl space that connected two attics allowing you to traverse over the staircase and make a sneaky escape from someone you might be playing chase with.

That wasn't very secret. You can see the hinges on the bookcase.

Dragonsbrethren said:

My dong isn't audible. Is that a problem?

No, you're just vanilla oldschool ;-)

I remember a friend's house that had a hollow section of wall behind a picture and a hidden room behind a swivelling bookcase.

I have an about 0,5m x 1m rectangular tunnel going under the terrace and directly connecting garden with the cellar. I also have almost invisible back enterance to the greenhouse. In my primary school, there was an always closed locker-room functioning as a storage and with a mysterious dark tunnel leading to nowhere.

There are secret areas hidden throughout the city. They're military strategic points, such as nuclear bombardment shelters.

fraggle said:

That's incredible.

I wonder how long those tunnels will exist before making them permanently inaccessible becomes a more financially viable option than keeping them maintained? :(

Nomad said:

I'm designing a BSP/level/map which is based on the interior of my actual house for Heretic2, and although the real house doesn't have any secrets I'm definitely going to take creative liberties and throw some into the level. :p

The hospital for the insane that I was in had underground tunnels. We used to traffic candy and snacks by making use of these tunnels.

DoomUK said:

That's incredible.

I wonder how long those tunnels will exist before making them permanently inaccessible becomes a more financially viable option than keeping them maintained? :(

What often happens with tunnels like that is it becomes most financially viable to use them for something like pipes or cables. I remember reading an article a while ago about a company in NYC that was trying to repurpose old pneumatic-mail tubes into fibre conduits. I don't know how far that got.

chopkinsca said:

The hospital for the insane that I was in had underground tunnels. We used to traffic candy and snacks by making use of these tunnels.

Awesome! Could it possibly be the same hospital where The Prodigy filmed their official music video for the song "Take Me To The Hospital" ?
I love that song and that video!