Woman runs over husband for not voting

hahahahahaha

Avoozl said:

It is stuff like this which makes me lose faith in humanity.


You had any left?

Share this post


Link to post

Morons, morons everywere...

Doom Marine said:

ObamaCare covers that.

lol

Share this post


Link to post

Saw DoomUK's post followed by Doom Marine's without reading the usernames and thought "lol Huy, why are you talking to yourself"

Share this post


Link to post

Well, she was worried they might have a harder life with Obama in office. That wasn't good enough, so she made SURE her family would have a hard life.

Share this post


Link to post

I've never, NEVER seen an election outcome garner so much hate, bigotry, and general insanity as this one. Never.

Share this post


Link to post

Hey, stupid lady. Romney already won Arizona. Your husband's vote wouldn't have changed anything. It wouldn't have given Romney more votes at the electoral college.

Share this post


Link to post
Technician said:

I've never, NEVER seen an election outcome garner so much hate, bigotry, and general insanity as this one. Never.

To be fair, this is also the first time that there's been an incumbent who isn't white. The lack of an instantaneously fixed economy meant that black people SOCIALISM failed this country, and that clearly a white man BUSINESSMAN was the way to fix this. So when socialism won over business, well by God, we ceased to be a traditional America altogether.

Share this post


Link to post
Technician said:

I've never, NEVER seen an election outcome garner so much hate, bigotry, and general insanity as this one. Never.


I seem to remember the reaction to the 2004 election being quite similar, except the shoe was on the other foot, obviously. The 2000 and 2008 elections weren't as bad in that respect. In 2004 and 2012, you had an incumbent president whom roughly half the country believed was dragging America down the drain, so obviously they REALLY didn't want to see him win again. I think that's one of the parallels I draw between the Left and the Right; they seem to behave similarly when things don't go their way, and both of them tolerate (and even defend) actions from a president that they like, when they would crucify a president they don't like for the same thing.

I'm also quite tired of people saying they'll leave the country whenever the guy they don't like wins.

Gez said:

Hey, stupid lady. Romney already won Arizona. Your husband's vote wouldn't have changed anything. It wouldn't have given Romney more votes at the electoral college.


I have a feeling she probably doesn't know what the Electoral College is, and probably doesn't grasp the concept of an indirect election. I also have a feeling this isn't the first time she and her husband have had marital issues.

Snakes said:

To be fair, this is also the first time that there's been an incumbent who isn't white.


Nice straw man.

Share this post


Link to post

I think it has to do with how inflated the budgets are for these political campaigns. There were signs EVERYWHERE where I live. Every commercial break were combative campaign ads from one politician shooting down another. I'm not too into politics, but just from watching tv a few hours a day, I knew every single thing each politician was terrible for, but pretty much nothing that made any of them worth my vote. When I went to the polls, I pretty much voted for the person I knew the least information about. Fucked up I know, but I just wanted to be able to tell people I voted so I didn't get run over by a car.

Share this post


Link to post
Mr. Freeze said:

I didn't vote for either. What's gonna happen to me?

Ostracized to Europe?

Share this post


Link to post
Caffeine Freak said:

I'm also quite tired of people saying they'll leave the country whenever the guy they don't like wins.

It's cute that there are republicans saying they'll run to Canada away from socialist Obama.

Share this post


Link to post

Sounds like her husband became the whipping boy for all her troubles.

Share this post


Link to post
Jodwin said:

It's cute that there are republicans saying they'll run to Canada away from socialist Obama.


Honestly, that's one of the common denominators of the last three elections. People are saying it now, they said it four years ago, and four years before that. It's stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Caffeine Freak said:

Honestly, that's one of the common denominators of the last three elections. People are saying it now, they said it four years ago, and four years before that. It's stupid.

*WOOOOSH* That's the sound of irony flying past your head.

The difference is that four years ago, the people that wanted to defect to Canada were socialists. Now four years forward, a bunch of free-market capitalists wants to move to socialist Canada because they can't stand a socialist president. Not the same crowd.

Share this post


Link to post
Doom Marine said:

Not the same crowd.

A case of same shit, different arsehole then? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Doom Marine said:

*WOOOOSH* That's the sound of irony flying past your head.

The difference is that four years ago, the people that wanted to defect to Canada were socialists. Now four years forward, a bunch of free-market capitalists wants to move to socialist Canada because they can't stand a socialist president. Not the same crowd.


That's funny, because I never said it was the same crowd, did I? I said people vowing to exit the country was a common factor in the last three elections, and in the previous post I even mentioned that different political groups behave the same way under presidents they don't like. Jesus man, get your ADD under control.

Share this post


Link to post
DooMAD said:

Is anything likely to happen with all these states posting petitions to secede from the US? Sounds like Texas is the one with the most signatures, but the state Governor isn't playing along and it might not be legal to do so anyway.


I'm inclined to think the movement will die off. I can't imagine it getting past the preliminary stage. Really, them gathering signatures on a website means very little, compared to people actually having the balls to take that sort of action, should the opportunity ever arise.

Share this post


Link to post

Jodwin said:
It's cute that there are republicans saying they'll run to Canada away from socialist Obama.

If Romney won, I was planning on moving to the US just so I could vote against him in 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
DooMAD said:

Is anything likely to happen with all these states posting petitions to secede from the US? Sounds like Texas is the one with the most signatures, but the state Governor isn't playing along and it might not be legal to do so anyway.


It's legal if the federal government allows it, which is what those people are asking for. I don't see why it has to be legal though. If they want to secede the the rest of the country has a moral obligation to let them do it. Refusing brings them down to the level of places like China and Serbia.

It certainly is funny that any Republicans would consider moving up here. They might do ok in certain parts of Alberta I suppose; we do have too many redneck idiots here.

Share this post


Link to post
Doom Marine said:

*WOOOOSH*a bunch of free-market capitalists wants to move to socialist Canada because they can't stand a socialist president.


Canada has a 15% corporate tax rate versus America's 35%. We also have a lot more personal freedom and liberty in Canada. It's not all about healthcare. I consider the U.S. to be more socialist overall than Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
AndrewB said:

Canada has a 15% corporate tax rate versus America's 35%. We also have a lot more personal freedom and liberty in Canada. It's not all about healthcare. I consider the U.S. to be more socialist overall than Canada.

The 15% corporate tax rate in Canada was an experiment in tax cut (up to -1/3) that happened in the last 6 years, introduced by conservatives, which led to an ever-widening gap between the very rich and everyone else, without very much to show for job gains and growth. We've seen time and again that tax cuts for the wealthy is bad for everyone else. Trickle-down, supply-side economics has historically been a failure.

With all due respect, how is the US more socialist overall than Canada?

Share this post


Link to post

DooMAD said:
Is anything likely to happen with all these states posting petitions to secede from the US?

The only really interesting case is Puerto Rico, if you ask me, and it's not really a state... it's closer to a sovereign State and its people seem to want to go all the way.

Doom Marine said:
The 15% corporate tax rate in Canada was an experiment in tax cut (up to -1/3) that happened in the last 6 years, introduced by conservatives, which led to an ever-widening gap between the very rich and everyone else, without very much to show for job gains and growth. We've seen time and again that tax cuts for the wealthy is bad for everyone else.

Which helps explain how conservatives retain power now. They have more money to pump out and spam propaganda or buy out politicians or institutions so the middle and lower classes can vote more for upper class interests. I used to read about Canada as a more progressive backyard to the US, and while it may well still retain some of those qualities, now it's often mentioned for its mining companies looting the metals of developing countries or workers organizing strikes against those.

Share this post


Link to post
Caffeine Freak said:

Nice straw man.

Yes, because a post veiled in mockery is meant to be my real, genuine point of view on the entire situation. Good call!

Share this post


Link to post
This topic is now closed to further replies.