Black Friday Riot Breaks Out At Walmart

Enjay said:

"I can't believe that your shops are so full of stuff that nobody needs and that people are buying it."

If they can afford stuff, why not buy them?

No doubt it's the same in his country now.

Not necessarily. The prices are the same if not even more, the salaries significantly lower in some de-communist countries. Not enough money for everyone to madly to rush in for gadgets, let alone iProducts, black Friday or not, though there is indeed more competition to get those cheap laptops or tablets.

Share this post


Link to post
DoomUK said:

I just can't imagine . . . the Australians, or whoever else literally fighting over a new model of phone, either.

You haven't seen the post-Christmas sales down here, that's when the serious bargain hunters come out to play.

Share this post


Link to post
GreyGhost said:

You haven't seen the post-Christmas sales down here, that's when the serious bargain hunters come out to play.

It's not that seasonal bargain-hunting is a unique US phenomenon; it even happens in the UK, with our tea and crumpets and bowler hats. But if it's conducted in the most courteous way possible and doesn't resemble the mosh pit in the aforementioned story, it doesn't qualify*.

*Unless it IS just as bad. In which case, as fellow members of the Commonwealth, you should be ashamed of yourselves ;) (Canada is let off the hook, being neighbours with consumerist America and everything)

Share this post


Link to post

Christmas is the "hegemonic" holiday, and what predominates now? Business, markets, capitalism. And that's gong rather haywire now so it's no surprise the holiday buying works in tune.

Share this post


Link to post
noob doomer said:

wat


Yerp. The powdered kind too... No funnel (and of course the milk) He then proceeded to do the 'ole shake-a-renio with his backside to the camera and dispensed a tall glass full directly from the source, which he then proceeded to consume.

Well i cant say it absolutely tops black friday shenanigans (or the viciousness of it) but at least he wasn't harming anyone else in the process i guess is my point. but to know what man is capable of in those respects... uhg.

Still no way ill do black friday. i recently hit it lucky with a few online purchases. i find ebay a good source for deals when you narrow your search with your country, and 'buy it now' option (no haggling its for sellers who want to sell now so its going to be a good deal usually) and you could also check the free shipping box but that cuts out to many choices i find so i usually leave that un-checked. shipping is not all that bad most of the time, your buying online after all.

And many other places out there..

Share this post


Link to post

As a walmart employee who works that day--fuck everything. D:

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, a woman shot dead for shoplifting... :/ I don't know enough to tell whether it was excessive force or not, I just hope we don't end up with another case of Fox News telling one story and MSNBC telling another. Either way, rip.
http://missjia.com/2012/12/10/justified-crazy-woman-killed-shoplifting-walmart/

These Black Fridays seem out of control for me, not going to get on a high horse about "buying shit that they don't need" because I have a huge collection of vinyls, cassettes, and cds.

Share this post


Link to post
DeathevokatioN said:

Wow, a woman shot dead for shoplifting... :/ I don't know enough to tell whether it was excessive force or not, I just hope we don't end up with another case of Fox News telling one story and MSNBC telling another. Either way, rip.
http://missjia.com/2012/12/10/justified-crazy-woman-killed-shoplifting-walmart/

Sounds like your typical gun-happy cop doing what comes naturally, "Do as I say or face the wrath of my friends Smith and Wesson!"

Share this post


Link to post
GreyGhost said:

Sounds like your typical gun-happy cop doing what comes naturally, "Do as I say or face the wrath of my friends Smith and Wesson!"

Yeah could be, for all I know it could be a case of shooting at a fleeing criminal in frustration. I remember last year the cops nearly beat someone to death for shoplifting.

Share this post


Link to post

Fuckin worthless animals we've become, imagine how were gonna be when there is shortened food supplies

Share this post


Link to post

So glad we don't have black fridays here. I can only image the violence and animosity would be amplified. That being said, it's really sad to see what a bunch of commercially programmed, violent, savage scumbags the human race has become. Brainless drones that have nothing against beating the shit out of each other or stooping to murder to get some stupid gadget that's gonna be "out of fashion" in a few months. Welcome to the human race.

Share this post


Link to post
Maggotcum said:

So glad we don't have black fridays here. I can only image the violence and animosity would be amplified. That being said, it's really sad to see what a bunch of commercially programmed, violent, savage scumbags the human race has become. Brainless drones that have nothing against beating the shit out of each other or stooping to murder to get some stupid gadget that's gonna be "out of fashion" in a few months. Welcome to the human race.


Actually, upon reflection, the human race has always been a bunch of commercially programmed savages. It just seems it's got worse.

Share this post


Link to post

I could see the mob reacting like that over the last bag of rotten meat in the middle of the desert, but over a gadget?

Share this post


Link to post
Violator said:

Fuckin worthless animals we've become, imagine how were gonna be when there is shortened food supplies

I expect there'll be widespread cannibalism.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now