R.I.P Sir Patrick Moore

BlackFish said:

I only knew him because of this, but still sad.

Same for me, actually.

Share this post


Link to post

RIP Patrick Moore

Why couldn't God have taken John Moore instead? I hate the Max Payne movie. I don't care if he's helming the next Die Hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Clonehunter said:

I don't care if he's helming the next Die Hard.

They're making another Die Hard? Chris, I hope he does die. HARD!

Share this post


Link to post
Technician said:

They're making another Die Hard? Chris, I hope he does die. HARD!

Dying with morning glory? What an embarrassing way to die. On topic: R.I.P Patrick Moore, you will be missed. Influencing many an astronomer for decades.

Share this post


Link to post

Rather than cough and splutter in front of the cameras, Patrick Moore once ate a fly that flew into his mouth on live TV. He did this long before so called "celebrities" entered "reality TV" events and ate bugs. I think that deserves some recognition.

The guy also wore a monocle as a matter of routine. That too has to be applauded.

Share this post


Link to post
Enjay said:

Rather than cough and splutter in front of the cameras, Patrick Moore once ate a fly that flew into his mouth on live TV. He did this long before so called "celebrities" entered "reality TV" events and ate bugs. I think that deserves some recognition.

The guy also wore a monocle as a matter of routine. That too has to be applauded.

He could also put up quite a good troll:-

His Wiki page said (according to his autobiography):

[In 1976] Moore announced a once-in-a-lifetime astronomical event that meant that if listeners could jump at that exact moment, 9.47 a.m. they would experience a temporary sensation of weightlessness. The BBC received many telephone calls from listeners alleging they experienced the sensation.

Share this post


Link to post

That was one British looking motherfucker. He's like Churchill's second cousin.

Share this post


Link to post

Haha, I remember being dragged to one of his lectures as a kid, I was sat behind a pillar so I couldn't see anything anyway. We have an in-joke about his trousers getting higher, swallowing his tie.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now