Duke 3D For Free on GoG!

(empty) said:

...for forty-eight hours (starting today)!

Get in there!

Memfis said:

Yay awesome . . . :D

ComicMischief said:

Awesome.

Vaporizer said:

Awesome . . .

cannonball said:

shockingly . . . Awesome

valkiriforce said:

Awesome . . .


Thanks for the heads-up, (empty). This is awesome.

Right on time for Doom's b-day, too. ;D

Share this post


Link to post

GOG is great and deserves your support. Almost their entire catalog is on sale right now.

Share this post


Link to post
jute said:

GOG is great and deserves your support.

Seconded.

Already have Duke 3D, so they'll have to find some other special deal to catch my eye.

Share this post


Link to post

Interestingly, there are 10 other free games in my account now.

Share this post


Link to post
Bucket said:

Interestingly, there are 10 other free games in my account now.

I have a few as well that I didn't add. I'm not quite sure what that's all about.

Share this post


Link to post

Agreed, absolutely awesome. Thanks for informing us all, (empty).

Also, Deus Ex: GOTY is on sale for $4.99. That's a steal. This game offers more gameplay than most first/third person shooters today.
Get it, and get the mods for it.

Share this post


Link to post
exp(x) said:

I have a few as well that I didn't add. I'm not quite sure what that's all about.

IIRC they just automatically add all the free games to your account. You can hide them or just not download them if you don't care :P

Share this post


Link to post

Nice, this should bring back some memories of pipe bombing, jet packing and stomping on shrunken enemies :-)

I might have to have a proper browse of GOG, sounds like there's some retro gems at bargain prices.

Share this post


Link to post

I thought there was a lot more GOG members here, guess I was wrong.

Well, looks like free DN3D was successful at bringing more people in!

Share this post


Link to post

I signed up for this, and in the process bought Sacred Gold, Blood and Alpha Centauri.

I also put up a game request for Strife ;D

So many games I never thought I'd see on sale anywhere, even Darkstone is in there!

Later on I'll get Blake Stone, ROTT, KKND1, Total Annihilation and many other missed games, took me all night to choose just three (Sacred was undebatable, currently addicted to its sequel)

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't used GOG before, and after this I'm really impressed. Seems like they have a really good site and are doing a great job packaging these games. I'm looking forward to buying from them in the future.

Share this post


Link to post

they have fuckin CANNON FODDER. I wonder if they fixed the sound problems earlier versions have running on anything other than an Atari

Share this post


Link to post

You guys don't have to thank me for pointing this out, I just saw it mentioned somewhere and knew everyone must know.

I'm sort of surprised that Ultima IV is free. Will definitely try that out at some point.

Evolution said:

Also, Deus Ex: GOTY is on sale for $4.99. That's a steal.

Well great, now everyone's going to go reinstall it :P

Share this post


Link to post

Psychonauts is only $4.99 now. It was $9.99 when I bought it in February.

Share this post


Link to post
Loads of people said:

awesome


That word has been so devalued. It is hardly ever used to describe something that is likely to genuinely fill a person with awe. Either that or people are far too easily impressed. :P

It's nice to get a(nother) copy of Duke for free though and the extras are also quite nice.

"Beneath a Steel Sky" also appeared in my collection as a free download and I'm looking forward to trying that. It's supposed to be pretty good (some people might say awesome of course). :P

Share this post


Link to post
fraggle said:

I haven't used GOG before, and after this I'm really impressed. Seems like they have a really good site and are doing a great job packaging these games. I'm looking forward to buying from them in the future.

I would buy some stuff on there only problem is they only accept dollars and paypal, can't pay with pounds is the downside.

Share this post


Link to post
Springy said:

I would buy some stuff on there only problem is they only accept dollars and paypal, can't pay with pounds is the downside.

I was able to pay with my currency which wasn't dollars…

Share this post


Link to post
printz said:

I was able to pay with my currency which wasn't dollars…

Oh, when I signed up (during the war, no April) and put my country in I got no option for a different currency. Not only that I thought I read somewhere about pay pal could only be used and not debit card.

Share this post


Link to post
Enjay said:

That word has been so devalued. It is hardly ever used to describe something that is likely to genuinely fill a person with awe. Either that or people are far too easily impressed. :P

As long as Gentlemen like yourself are not only using the adjective but using it in it's proper context, it's unlikely to ever to find itself on this list.

Share this post


Link to post
darknation said:

I am igniparous to doomworld.

Obstrigillate the obrumpent amarulence and rogalian tenacities.

Share this post


Link to post

That's great. I still have the original disc lying around somewhere. I lost the box though. They really need to do this with Shadow Warrior.

Share this post


Link to post
Maggotcum said:

That's great!!!!! I still have the original disc lying around somewhere!!!!! I lost the box though!!!! They really need to do this with SHADOW WARRIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get your hopes up, Shadow Warrior never sold well due to too much hype over Duke Nukem forever back in the day. They haven't made much money from it so will probably not make it go for free even for a limited time. You can pick up a copy of the complete edition from GOG for $2.99 I think and pretty soon off of Steam it would seem.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now