Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Site and/or forum bugs or things not working

TimeOfDeath said:

Not sure if this is my fault, but why do threads become read the next time I visit the forum even though I haven't read them? On other forums, they stay as unread until I read them, whether it's my next visit or months later.

Because this wonky ancient version of the software only considers "new posts" to be posts created since the last timestamp you visited the site (which means looking at ANY page under /vb/ on this server whilst logged in). It can't track this information on a per-thread basis.

How do I login into the Archives when posting a comment so it doesn't appear as Anonymous? Apparently the feature is linked when you log in here but I've tried opening a new tab and going to the Archives but it still comes up as Anonymous. I then tried the very same but adding the http code at the beginning but still no dice.

If your going to add a new feature I'd recommend you stick it in the FAQ or make an announcement because it isn't entirely obvious.

That issue's most commonly caused by omitting "www" from the URL when browsing the archives. Using your browsers most paranoid cookie handling settings is another possible cause.

OK, I hope it's the right forum/thread. I was having some good fun in Post Hell, and I was surprised there are members in my ignore list. I don't know what could be happening, I'm sure I didn't "ignore" them, simply because I was totally unaware of their existence. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks in advance.

Zed said:

OK, I hope it's the right forum/thread. I was having some good fun in Post Hell, and I was surprised there are members in my ignore list. I don't know what could be happening, I'm sure I didn't "ignore" them, simply because I was totally unaware of their existence. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks in advance.

Any user account that has been deleted will show up as being on everyone's ignore list. This is why we don't normally delete accounts that have posts associated with them.

Oh, I see. For one moment I thought someone had "hacked" my account or something. Thanks for the quick answer!

Hi there. I'm having some problems with the hour displayed in the forums. For example, as I type this, it displays 01:16 in the top right corner, but in the Last Post column (for example, Everything Else), it shows that the last post was at 01:53 (by chesse20). Now, I didn't encounter this problem until like a week ago. Coincidentally, on October 27 in my country (Mex) we advanced the clocks one hour, because of Daylight Saving Time. Does it has something to do with this? Does Doomworld use DST? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Actually, we didn't advance the clocks, we took them back one hour.

EDIT2: It works since yesterday, I think. Forgot to mention it here. Thanks anyway, and good night.

Hi, it's me again.

I just noticed something that's confusing me. As I write this, I see that in the News Submissions subforum, the last post was apparently by an user named Vermil, at 17:03 on January 5, 2014. I looked through every page in that forum a couple of times and couldn't find said post, so out of curiosity I clicked in Vermil's profile to find a direct link to it. To my surprise, I encountered the message "This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view." Now, I know I made a post in this same thread about users in my ignore list, who apparently had their accounts deleted, so I was wondering if it was the case with this or something else.

Thanks and good day.

EDIT: Hold on, the last post in Source Ports is also by him, and in this case the post and his profile are accessible. Now I'm even more confused...

The RSS feed appears to be broken for some reason, it won't load the new entries at all

The little screaming Doomguy face next to the fanfics section never seems to refresh for me. He's always dead, even if there are new posts.

The /idgames comment system seems to eat slashes. Quite annoying considering that you can't edit your comments.
edit: and now commenting doesn't work at all? xd

It would be nice to search for my wads on the /idgames database, but 'rf' is too short to search. :P

Same here, wouldn't be surprised if the embedded advertising had something to do with that.

If anyone's reading this thread and can't post anywhere on Doomworld, try editing any field in your profile (e.g. AOL IM name), you then might be forced to verify your email address. That's what I had to do, and now look -- I can post again!

If anyone's reading this thread and you're not receiving your email-address-verification email, or any other email from doomworld, try checking your spam folder. That's what I had to do for my gmail, and now look -- I can see emails from doomworld again!

Replies are uncomfortable to read on phone, some texts are big and some are small, it's annoying to zoom in and out every replie.

Worked for me with 3 randomly selected members, are there any unusual characters in the user name?