Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Historic Blizzard unfolding now

Great Yarmouth (UK), one flake of snow reported, caused infrastructure to cease in existence as we suck at dealing with snow.
Jokes aside it's supposed to snow where I live tomorrow, the kid inside me loves it, but the adult in me dreads falling on my arse and humiliating myself :P
Anyways hope everyone in the North East states are ok, I am actually on a weather forum and we have been watching events over your side of the pond which much interest, and extreme envy.

cannonball said:

Great Yarmouth (UK), one flake of snow reported, caused infrastructure to cease in existence as we suck at dealing with snow.

The same snow I mentioned earlier, the snow from 2 or so weeks ago. It fell overnight here, then thawed by 11am. That's how little it was.
My school bus decided it was necessary to run an hour late, despite the fact the roads were completely clear, there was little/no ice and every other bus service to the same school was running.

Knowing my part of the UK (can you guess what it is yet?), I probably won't see snow for a year or two.

cannonball said:

Jokes aside it's supposed to snow where I live tomorrow, the kid inside me loves it, but the adult in me dreads falling on my arse and humiliating myself :P
Anyways hope everyone in the North East states are ok, I am actually on a weather forum and we have been watching events over your side of the pond which much interest, and extreme envy.

Cool! What's the forum?

Suffolk county, New York. Snow was light Friday morning which then it became rain/sleet mix then later just ice/snow mix. Later very heavy snowfall started around 5pm and did not stop until like 2 or 3am.

geo said:

If it happens to NY its historic.

This was far from historic, unless your age is in the single digits. Nemo got lost just as quickly as he was found.

Finland. That much snow has been sitting outside my place for months now.

If Australia had to deal with this much snow, the country would completely shut down. Hell, it might even shut down if it had to deal with half an inch of snow.