Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrthejoshmon

What is your favorite Duke Nukem game? Also a question.

mrthejoshmon said:

I wish they would replace those damn lizard things in the subway, I hate those things!

What Draks? Those noobs? Pfft, if we're talking about enemies to get rid of from Time To Kill, get rid of those fucking stupid Hellwings. I'd spend more time trying to shoot those motherfuckers down than some of the bosses. It's like the developers were trying to piss the player off. And as soon as they stop to shoot some fire at you, you shoot once and off they go again! Then if they don't shoot fire they knock you over, disabling you for a couple of seconds. The only time they're not a pain in the ass is when they make their final appearance in one of the Roman levels, where you have the Energy Weapon to bring them down.
This is the same problem with the Larvæ Necorbrains in the penultimate level. You'd better hope that the Energy Weapon (or Super Zapper if you found it) has some ammo or you're screwed in that room. As Duke even says after killing them: "Annoying little bastards"

EDIT: That said, the Heavy Draks were pretty nasty.

What really grinds my gears are the bosses, the roman one was irritating due to the soul reason that it takes ages to kill! The last boss can just murder you next to instantly, but lets not talk about land of the babes bosses, they were disappointing, but I did laugh when you actually pissed on that pigs body.

Eris Falling said:

You know, if you try not to think of it as a DN3D sequel, DNF really wasn't that bad.

It hurt me because of the 14-year wait, and I didn't wait that long to be presented with a half-assed Halo clone.

Avoozl said:

I don't find most of DN3D's episodes to be crash hot though, the space one in particular bored me to tears.

^That's odd. For me, "Lunar Apocalypse" was the very first episode which I chose to play upon unpacking and installing the game for the very first time.
The description of that particular episode in the manual made me realize that it's the closest thing to DOOM's UAC techbases in that entire game. So my top priority was to explore the moon base first before going anywhere else. The streets of Los Angeles could always wait until later, because I see enough sidewalks and fire hydrants every damn day while I'm away from the computer anyways.
Yeah, I've basically always been a fan of the whole techbase or space station theme. I don't really know why, but I've always been that way.
I love any Duke map which was built on that theme and which is filled with tons of those ambient sounds of the humming machinery.