Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

Evil Dead (2013)

darknation said:

Truth of the matter is we only get to see screenplays after the movie has been released

The order in which two things are read and watched shouldn't make any difference - be it a book and a film or a screenplay and a film (or a game and a film, or a game and a book or whatever). A little discernment on people's part should allow them to judge them independently. Though I'll admit, people's tastes are often determined on first-come-first-serve sort of basis, and I've probably been as guilty of that as anyone else.

darknation said:

The slavish devotion to the novels visible in the Harry Potter movies, for example. Fear to change things, because the fans would take a shit-fit, even if the end result would be a far superior movie.

Heh, some Harry Potter devotees would contend otherwise.

Having not read the books myself, I couldn't even comment. Though I did watch all 8 movies back-to-back and found them charming and entertaining, if somewhat forgettable.

DoomUK said:

The order in which two things are read and watched shouldn't make any difference - be it a book and a film or a screenplay and a film (or a game and a film, or a game and a book or whatever). A little discernment on people's part should allow them to judge them independently. Though I'll admit, people's tastes are often determined on first-come-first-serve sort of basis, and I've probably been as guilty of that as anyone else.

I dunno, I would have an entirely different opinion of Star Wars 4-5-6 if I was a kid now and saw the prequels first (ARGH!!!!!!!!!!)

DoomUK said:

Heh, some Harry Potter devotees would contend otherwise.

Having not read the books myself, I couldn't even comment. Though I did watch all 8 movies back-to-back and found them charming and entertaining, if somewhat forgettable.

The Harry Potter books started sucking major ass after the 3rd one or so. The films went from "dull" to "OK" around the same time, so who knows? lol.

GoatLord said:

then I have absolutely zero motivation to see a remake of it. Same with...Blade Runner

I think if someone decided to remake Blade Runner I'd start killing everyone in that production until the realize that they no longer have enough people to continue the project and abandon it and they go remake something else I don't care about, like some other remake that stars Adam Sandler.

Clonehunter said:

I think if someone decided to remake Blade Runner I'd start killing everyone in that production until the realize that they no longer have enough people to continue the project and abandon it and they go remake something else I don't care about, like some other remake that stars Adam Sandler.

How about a Blade Runner remake starring Adam Sandler?

"I've made low-brow humour you people wouldn't believe..."

For people thinking this is a remake... it seems more like post Evil Dead 2. It is set up exactly like Evil Dead where the main character is there with his sister and there are 2 guys and 3 girls. But the mother of the 2 main stars was in Evil Dead 2 and the car from Evil Dead 2 (not Bruce's) is rusting in the back of the cabin.

Maybe this all is my wishful thinking to connect the 2 movies even if it looks on the surface like a clear cut remake.

darknation said:

I don't doubt it. The original script for prometheus, back when it actually had Giger's Alien in it, was pretty baller - moreso than the final movie turned out to be. But people who read screenplays are few and far between. People who can make judgments on what is and is not a good screenplay are even rarer.

Screenplay readers prevented the AlienS 3 from getting made with 12 queens vs 12 loaders, but maybe that was a budget thing.

DoomUK said:

How about a Blade Runner remake starring Adam Sandler?

"I've made low-brow humour you people wouldn't believe..."

That one line is probably funnier than what a whole movie could make.