Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vermil

Wolfenstein: The New Order annouced

Snakes said:

I'll probably wait until I see some sort of gameplay trailer for this before I actually get too interested. It was the same way with ROTT - cool beans, but I wasn't completely sold until I saw it in action.

That said, Wolfenstein. Cool.

We will get a preview tomorrow so a trailer is not out of the question.

LkMax said:

From the original id software team only John Carmack is working there now. That's more than half the team. (originally being John Carmack, John Romero, Tom Hall, Adrian Carmack and a few others IIRC). Also, more Respect to Ion Storm, boy. Deus Ex alone compensates for all their mistakes.

Oh please, there isn't a game in the world that could compensate for the sheer amount of arrogance, horrible, impulsive decision-making, poor planning, and financial recklessness that resulted in Ion Storm's bankruptcy. They only lasted six years. Talk about an embarrassment.

Death Egg said:

Isn't the plot to this basically the story from Astrostein?

HAH!What a great catch.

The New Order? Sounds like Strife. Also fuck consoles. I know it will be mediocre, and there'll be nothing we can do.

printz said:

The New Order? Sounds like Strife. Also fuck consoles. I know it will be mediocre, and there'll be nothing we can do.

Proof? The devs are ex Starbreeze guys (I've heard only good things about them) and they've been working on it since 2009. Of course that only means that the game won't be rushed but it gives me hope. Nevertheless, we will find out more about it today. Stay tuned!

EDIT: Here are some screenshots http://www.dsogaming.com/news/wolfenstein-the-new-order-announced-coming-to-pc-x360-and-ps3-in-q4-2013/

Haha, we're even getting SPACE NAZIS! This sounds more and more like the Wolfenstein I know.

DooM_RO said:

Proof? The devs are ex Starbreeze guys (I've heard only good things about them) and they've been working on it since 2009. Of course that only means that the game won't be rushed but it gives me hope. Nevertheless, we will find out more about it today. Stay tuned!

EDIT: Here are some screenshots http://www.dsogaming.com/news/wolfenstein-the-new-order-announced-coming-to-pc-x360-and-ps3-in-q4-2013/

Haha, we're even getting SPACE NAZIS! This sounds more and more like the Wolfenstein I know.

Ok, this does look really good!

Love the robot designs.....and robot teeth lol - sweet!

It has that really nice gritty feel too which fits perfectly with Wolfenstein.

Is this going to be for 'Next Gen' consoles, if so when are they due to be out? I would rather wait then have what we see stripped down to medicore rubbish due to trying to make it run on current gen consoles whos hardware is just a joke!

bcwood16 said:

Ok, this does look really good!

Love the robot designs.....and robot teeth lol - sweet!

It has that really nice gritty feel too which fits perfectly with Wolfenstein.

Is this going to be for 'Next Gen' consoles, if so when are they due to be out? I would rather wait then have what we see stripped down to medicore rubbish due to trying to make it run on current gen consoles whos hardware is just a joke!

The game is coming out this year in Q4 so it will probably come on current gen consoles first then ported to next gen unless both next gen consoles also come this Christmas - which would make a lot of sense.

Curiously enough, the devs call the game "action-adventure"

printz said:

fuck 7th generation consoles

FTFY

Everything used to be fine, until devs realised the 360 and PS3 were where the money was.

The press release on BethBlog confirms that

Wolfenstein®: The New Order™ is a fictional story set in an alternate universe in the 1960’s.

Also, this article has an interesting screenshot:

The billboard on the left (in the shadows) says "Next stop: Mars!" -- Nazis in Space à la Iron Sky? Borderline Doom easter egg?

Gez said:

The billboard on the left (in the shadows) says "Next stop: Mars!" -- Nazis in Space à la Iron Sky? Borderline Doom easter egg?

Well spotted!

LOL - thats has to be a Doom easter egg :)

Oh wow, those screens look great! However is this a reboot of the series now or is it a sequel to 2k9? The Nazi Officer in the concept art kinda resembles Strauss from RtCW and 2k9, but maybe that's just me.

Clonehunter said:

Oh wow, those screens look great! However is this a reboot of the series now or is it a sequel to 2k9? The Nazi Officer in the concept art kinda resembles Strauss from RtCW and 2k9, but maybe that's just me.

I enjoyed RTCW, never played 2K9, is it worth it?

Do you think it should be played before this one...may have some related stuff?

Gez said:

The press release on BethBlog confirms that

Compared to Doom 4 which never speaks anything about its progress, it's really a nice change to see something new so soon about a Wolfenstein sequel and with such a fast pace.

bcwood16 said:

I enjoyed RTCW, never played 2K9, is it worth it?

Do you think it should be played before this one...may have some related stuff?

I've only played the Demo for 2k9, but I thought it was decent. The only thing I really know about it story wise though is that the Deathshed Strauss character from RtCW returns for 2k9, and survives some sort of blimp crash at the end of the game, suggesting he'd be back for sequels. But I have no idea if this is a sequel or reboot (Or re-imagining as the press states.) So should it be played before? No idea.

The information we have about this game reminds me of Metal Slug, but in first person. Man, I love that shit. =D

printz said:

Is Blazkowicz involved in this mission?

Wolfenstein without BJ is like Indiana Jones without Indy.
The "they forgot about me" phrase is probably BJ talking.