• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Submerge

Duke Nukem

What form of duke #d do you own?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What form of duke #d do you own?

• Modified Pronographic version! (doesn\'t everybody?)
    • Full Version
    • Shareware
    • Don\'t own it
    • Fuck off. I don\'t like Duke 3d

I have the free version that came with my PC gamer a few months ago. There's just something about that game that makes it fun to play... every few months, that is.

I have the full version on a PC I got from my office over a year ago.

I've never bothered playing it though.

I've got the full version that came with an issue of PCGamer. It keeps crashing for some reason, though, and the savegames aren't saved to the HD properly.

I got the registered version from my cousin. I remember the first time it came out and he brought the shareware version to my house and we thought it was incredible. Then he lent me the registered version, which I finally bought myself at a mall, the Atomic Edition (with the extra fourth episode). That's the version I have right now, although I haven't played it in like 2 years.

Lüt said:

Heh, doesn't sound like a legal version then.

Why is it that people thinks pirated/warezed/cracked versions malfunction? That's some kind of lame bad rep in order to scare people.

There's one thing that really malfunctions though, CD rips. Some games really bitch when they lack certain resources. But that kind of warez is history now.

Cren : No. Duke3D rules.

I seriously doubt PCGamer magazine would include a warez version of a game when they have the blessing of the developer and publisher to give it away.

Zaldron said:

Word. I used to be a Duke fanatic, I played it a lot more than Doom truth be told. Never got a chance to Dukematch though, I might catch a game on Zone or somin.

Ah Dukematch is completely amazing. Any game where your shotgun blasts can detonate your enemy's RPG just as it comes out from his gun, gibbing him, rules by my book.

Liam the Bard said:

Word. I used to be a Duke fanatic, I played it a lot more than Doom truth be told. Never got a chance to Dukematch though, I might catch a game on Zone or somin.

I used to really like Duke, too, but the output of quality WADs or whatever they use was pretty pathetic, so I just stayed with Doom.

Zaldron said:

*BUZZZZZZ!!!!!* Oh, I'm sorry, Zaldron, you don't win the grand prize. But instead you'll recieve the runner-up prize.......and that's Cren saying once again:

DUKE3D IS WORTH LESS THAN SHIT!

Crendowing said:

DUKE3D IS WORTH LESS THAN SHIT!

Elaborate please.
I don't think Duke3d is shit or worth less than shit, but I definitely ain't too fond of it either.
Why?
Because the graphics are cartoonish, the weapons (those which aren't ripoffs of Doom that is) are complete crap imo (I don't like strategic weapons like the laser trip bomb, but I can understand why some people like them) and later in the game, levels begin to set "level of brain power required to find the exit" up to maximum, which I can't stand.
What did I forget? Oh yeah, the enemies are mostly annoying to fight rather than fun - especially those Goddamn suicide drones.

Me owns:

Duke Nukem Registered Version
Duke Nukem Atomic Edition
Duke Nukem Nuclear Winter
Duke it out in D.C.
Duke Nukem - The Gate
Duke Caribbean

dsm said:

Elaborate please.
I don't think Duke3d is shit or worth less than shit, but I definitely ain't too fond of it either.
Why?
Because the graphics are cartoonish, the weapons (those which aren't ripoffs of Doom that is) are complete crap imo (I don't like strategic weapons like the laser trip bomb, but I can understand why some people like them) and later in the game, levels begin to set "level of brain power required to find the exit" up to maximum, which I can't stand.
What did I forget? Oh yeah, the enemies are mostly annoying to fight rather than fun - especially those Goddamn suicide drones.

Just about the only point I'll concede to you there is the enemies.

Everything else about that game is just fine, there's nothing wrong with using your brain once in a while, and I would hardly call it "brain power up to maximum".

Submerge said:

Heh, I'm the only one with a pr0n version.

I downloaded a TC like that once for Duke3d, but I don't think I have it anymore.

Archvile64 said:

Just about the only point I'll concede to you there is the enemies.

Everything else about that game is just fine, there's nothing wrong with using your brain once in a while, and I would hardly call it "brain power up to maximum".

Now that I think about it, it was only episode 4 which required too much brain activity for my tastes - I remember spending HOURS finding the entrance to the Queen bitch's lair, making me more frustrated than I've ever been before.

And finally, I just want to say that I only listed MY opinions and that my opinions aren't worth shit - I only listed them because I felt obliged to elaborate why I'm not too fond of Duke3d as a reaction to Liam's post.

Oh yeah, and what's up with that ripper gun? Never did I see a more ugly machinegun with a more retarded sound in a game.

Duke3d would've been better if it had the first Duke Nukem game's nuclear beam gun as ultimate weapon for the sake of nostalgia (but improved - both by looks and by the way it works).

Shareware on PC.But I also got N64 version which IMO is actually v.good,not as good as Doom of course but still...

Not versions, but whole new games. The franchise was milked a little console-wise, I guess 3drealms needed more funding for the Playboy subscription.

Yeah the N64 version was quite different to the PC and PSX versions,the only other 2 I've played, and far superior IMO.It had a much better weapon balance and a very 'Doomy feel' to the control/gameplay,which of course,was why I thought it was the best version.The grenade launcher was peachy!

i had full version.i liked the real world setting,(kinda) interactivity and the humor.it was good to switch it from DOOM (hellish,satanic world).some weapons is interesting and unique (like shrinker).it was one of the good game.