Doom engine Vs Build engine

Build got pretty ridiculous if you wanted to create anything complex. Here's how to build the sliding doors I liked so much in tech maps. Hackish sector manipulation was the rule there. If you didn't want triangular ends in the doors you could invert them, but then you had to leave a gap of 2 between the corners of the doors so the stupid editor didn't merge the vertices.

Aliotroph? said:

Build got pretty ridiculous if you wanted to create anything complex. Here's how to build the sliding doors I liked so much in tech maps. Hackish sector manipulation was the rule there. If you didn't want triangular ends in the doors you could invert them, but then you had to leave a gap of 2 between the corners of the doors so the stupid editor didn't merge the vertices.

Jesus, those make polyobjects seem ridiculously simple.

Gez said:

Didn't CodeImp name it Doom Builder because he wanted a Doom editor with the same kind of work flow as the Build editor had? I think I read that somewhere.

the build editor was amazing back then, i posted earlier what stuff i and a friend did with it, pretty intuitively.