Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linkrulezall

Favorite live music performances?

Maybe not my favourite, but this really stands out, just for the sheer volume of the crowd. That whole concert is pretty spectacular really.

Lots, but this is a stand-out (no video alas)

But pretty much any live Davis from this period - Agharta and Dark Magus in particular - just because they're fucking bonkers; cocaine's one hell of a drug!

It would be really hard to pick just one.
But one that does come to mind is Nine Inch Nails on the Tension tour.
Seem them when they where in Colorado and it was one of the best shows I ever seen and I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

Oh and I forgot about this:

This is from the tour that followed shortly after the release of Untilted, but it contains some nice snippets of material that would later appear on Quaristice - I saw the show a couple of times and it was fantastic. This is not a bad recording of it either - from the soundboard I guess.

The best show I've ever seen was Carnivore and Anal Cunt playing live in Brooklyn, back in 2006.

RIP Pete Steele and Seth Putnam.

EDIT: Venom in NYC in 2006 is another show I hold in equal regard.

Beauty, as it turns out, also comes in 11/8. So sad this band broke up before I ever got a chance to see them live. Easily my favorite group of musicians ever.

My second favorite was seeing Murphy's Law at the Trash bar in NYC.

Goblin is good live; the band that made the OST for the original Dawn of the Dead. It was a slower paced show, it was nice for a change. I think anyone that likes midi songs should check them out.

Pantera - Domination (Moscow 1991)

Woodstock 1969 - Freedom, Somebody to love, I'm going home, Star spangled banner, Soul sacrifice, A change is gonna come, I want to take you higher, etc. Cool festival, watched the movie about it so many times when was like 14-15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvMloAewLIQ

Uehara Hiromi in Moscow 2011 (been there)

I think Iron Maiden doing Clive Aid at Brixton Academy back in 2007 or so was probably my favourite gig, of all the ones I've been to. Discovering Evile and Gojira at Megadeth and Trivium respectively was cool too, although neither impressed with the follow-up albums.

Only concert I've went to was U2's 360 in Sydney, 2010. It was pretty cool, but it was nowhere as good as their ZooTV tours in the early 90s (after releasing Achtung Baby and Zooropa) when they were at their peak.

Jack White's cover is nowhere as good as the original. Would love to see Radiohead live eventually, that's another band I'd go and watch.

I only have live music performances I went to.

I saw Nine Inch Nails several times in my life. Far too many times. I saw 2 dates on their retirement tour. One was really awesome, outside in freezing weather, but there was enough body heat no one needed a shirt. Then the 2nd retirement tour performance I saw was just bad. Not sure if it was their equipment or the venue. They also had some guy from Joy Division with them for 3 songs and he didn't know the words to the songs. It was awful. No one knew who he was either.

My first Cold concert was pretty awesome. Met the band without even knowing they were the band. Then during the concert I was up front row. It was hilarious the singer would touch everyone's hand BUT mine.

Saw Marilyn Manson attack his drummer with a mic stand and chase him off stage for the last song. Good news though. Drums still kept playing. Maybe a drum machine?

I was at a Hole concert where someone dumped a bucket of water on stage. She stopped singing.

Speaking of stopped singing. I was at Creed's last concert before they broke up. 2 songs in he was doing snow angels on stage. The concert was called off. The city sued Creed for the bullshit. Years later I ended up dating someone that was there.

I had a date pass out and need to go to the hospital just before a Saliva concert. 1 date passed out from some dude smoking wiki-sticks next to us. That shit smelled like death. Normally people gather around people that light up, but there was a whole circle of people keeping their distance from him.

The singer of Taproot tried to get people to mosh. He went on the floor, had 2 people stand directly in front of him and he stepped forward and threw his whole body into a giant shove. It seemed like a dick movie. He also said I'm not singing another song until I see moshing. Then someone yells out, we don't allow moshing here. Fucking hilarious. Toward the end he said I've got 4 more songs then we're outta here. Someone yells again, you've got 2 more then your time is up. Sure enough only 2 songs were sang. I could go on about what a shitbag he was.

Went to a Kesha concert. She sounded so out of breath. She wasn't singing so much as saying the words. Luckily my gf bought us tickets to her concert I think in July... oh and my gf had me buy tickets to see Kesha perform at some hotel. Then Kesha is in rehab. The venue won't give back the $100 each.

Had tickets to see 'In this Moment.' Then they canceled, because it was too cold. wtf?

I saw a bar fight at Fear Factory. Someone got fucked up, cut, so some people put him on a bar stool to wait for EMTs after the fight was broken up. Some bitch beside him starts screaming, you can't sit here its my boyfriend's seat! Then she physically tried moving him. Then the guy threw up on her. Fucking hilarious. Oh and Fear Factory is really fat. Sadly fat. My friend is a really big fan of theirs, but after seeing how fat they've gotten, she is no longer a fan.

geo said:

Oh and Fear Factory is really fat. Sadly fat. My friend is a really big fan of theirs, but after seeing how fat they've gotten, she is no longer a fan.

Saw them last year and they were fucking terrible live.

And also fat. Not often that the band on stage are fatter than the neckbeards who worship them, but yeah, it happened. fear factory need to get off the fucking bus and walk to their next tour dates.

yukib1t - I was going to say 'Ain't it Dead Yet?', but those pretty much cover it.

geo said:

Oh and Fear Factory is really fat.

I'd say they're heavier than they've ever been.....

........No one? :(

Gah! How could I forget this - I can't listen to this recording without grinning from ear to ear.

Recorded at Jaco's 30th birthday party; awesome.