In celebration of Earth Day

Earth day at school was a bit hard to work today since they decided to turn of the the lights and use only chalkboards instead of projectors to conserve energy.

Share this post


Link to post
Waffenak said:

First misread Life Day, damn no wookie holiday for me


It is the better holiday when concerning trees.

Share this post


Link to post

In protest of Earth Day, I'm lighting candles to be as energy inefficient as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Doominator2 said:

Earth day at school was a bit hard to work today since they decided to turn of the the lights and use only chalkboards instead of projectors to conserve energy.


Damn you serious?

Share this post


Link to post
Waffenak said:

First misread Life Day, damn no wookie holiday for me

I still maintain that the holiday special was 1000x more entertaining than the prequels. Seriously, it has 70's rock, Paula Dean in blackface (reveals the bitch to be racist decades before the expose), bad acting, freaky caricature animation, Boba Fett's first appearance, drag queen/plastic doll face Mark Hamill, more drunkenness on Tatooine, retrofitted "future" technology, Occulus Rift wookie "porn," and so on. The prequels may be "better" from a plot and production standpoint, but it's just fucking boring. The holiday special at least has me laughing all the way through, and the spectacle of "how did they fuck this up so badly?" is infinitely more entertaining than some bland CGI "spectacle."

Share this post


Link to post
RUSH said:

Damn you serious?

Haha ya it's true, in fact it's earth weak at our school, Wednesday you are encouraged to bring a lunch that uses no waste(like a banana or something that dosent come in a wrapper) and Thursday and Friday your encouraged to start composting at home(something that most city's already do here in Canada)

Share this post


Link to post
Sodaholic said:

Paula Dean in blackface (reveals the bitch to be racist decades before the expose)


Actually, that was Harvey Korman at an extremely dark time in his life. At least he didn't smack some crack like the good ol' Princess.

Share this post


Link to post
Doominator2 said:

Haha ya it's true, in fact it's earth weak at our school, Wednesday you are encouraged to bring a lunch that uses no waste(like a banana or something that dosent come in a wrapper) and Thursday and Friday your encouraged to start composting at home(something that most city's already do here in Canada)


I'm from Canada myself, but I can't say I've ever heard of schools doing anything like this.

Share this post


Link to post

I would have thrown a fit if they did that to me in school. I had enough trouble seeing as it was. I remember writing letters to MPs in grade 3 on Earth Day. Even when I was 9 I knew most kids didn't know enough about the environment to have any effect on politicians. I wonder if they read those letters or even had a staff member read them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Sodaholic said:

I still maintain that the holiday special was 1000x more entertaining than the prequels. Seriously, it has 70's rock, Paula Dean in blackface (reveals the bitch to be racist decades before the expose), bad acting, freaky caricature animation, Boba Fett's first appearance, drag queen/plastic doll face Mark Hamill, more drunkenness on Tatooine, retrofitted "future" technology, Occulus Rift wookie "porn," and so on. The prequels may be "better" from a plot and production standpoint, but it's just fucking boring. The holiday special at least has me laughing all the way through, and the spectacle of "how did they fuck this up so badly?" is infinitely more entertaining than some bland CGI "spectacle."


Best part for me was the animation and I think mark hamill had doll face because heavy use of make up after his famous car crash to cover up bruises and stuff

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now