Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomgargoyle

Campaign to get the lost Keen episode

What an asshole. Best thing to do is get out the word and make sure people don't fall for this crap. He put's up a good front - sometimes we're all a bit eager for something we don't look close enough at the details :\

His amazon Strife download is unavaiable currently, perhaps due to Quasar's or someone's message to Amazon about the Chocolate Strife license.

So people connected to Shadow Warrior and the other products need to start complaining to Amazon and Apple to get those items off the stores as well.

phi108 said:

His amazon Strife download is unavaiable currently, perhaps due to Quasar's or someone's message to Amazon about the Chocolate Strife license.

Indeed that does appear to be so. If only we had connected the dots earlier that this was the same guy trying to run the campaign.

Frankly I'd just start sending takedown letters for all the other licensed software he is trying to sell on Amazon. The more I think about what he's doing the more it pisses me off.

Lunick said:

This is a scam, sorry guys. I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote on the Public Commander Keen Forums here http://www.pckf.com/viewtopic.php?p=71699#71699

Interesting to finally find out who posted that bogus Strife download on Amazon. Thanks for this.

The links you've provided don't immediately prove that he's responsible for those Strife uploads, but looking at his Twitter account it seems pretty convincing.

eg. https://twitter.com/steedsoftware/status/390971756673916928

While I definitely don't condone any of his previous actions, he has done some good: He pointed me to itch.io to release S3DNA, he found the rights holder for Corridor 7/Operation Body Count, he convinced me to convince Flat Rock Software to release the Catacomb and Hovertank sources. So I guess this makes this discovery quite awkward for me.

I told him to come clean, take down any illegal games he's selling, release a statement, and possibly use the money he already raised to completely liberate the game (that is free game data) since he's going to have a hard time selling the game with his reputation. We'll see if he does any of that.

Blzut3 said:

While I definitely don't condone any of his previous actions, he has done some good: He pointed me to itch.io to release S3DNA, he found the rights holder for Corridor 7/Operation Body Count, he convinced me to convince Flat Rock Software to release the Catacomb and Hovertank sources. So I guess this makes this discovery quite awkward for me.

I told him to come clean, take down any illegal games he's selling, release a statement, and possibly use the money he already raised to completely liberate the game (that is free game data) since he's going to have a hard time selling the game with his reputation. We'll see if he does any of that.

Well, for his sake and the community's, I hope he takes your advice. Perhaps he really can liberate some of these old games, though given the revelation, it's difficult to trust him.

This is his statement. Despite what he says about taking down the games, Strife is still up on iOS as of this writing, so take that how you will.

He says he's going to cancel the campaign but since indiegogo has a no refund, no cancel policy (from what I can tell). I'm not sure exactly how he plans to handle that. I do think it would be in his best interest to follow through with what he already collected, but if he decides to refund everyone that's fine too. Either way he'll have to take the money though, and I can't imagine leaving the money in the hands of indiegogo is any better than the other options.

Edit: Strife is down now!