Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linkrulezall

YouTube Bugs

It's safe to say that there's never been any scarcity of bugs on YouTube, as I have just encountered this one among many, many others:

So, do any of you have any "favorite" bugs from this site that everyone uses despite how much they've screwed over their community?

My favorite YouTube bug is where all the videos start stuttering after I've watched half a dozen.

My favorite bug is when the commentary section of every video is infested with inflammable garbage.

I find some older videos (2006-2008 ish) just refuse to play after about 1/5 of the way in. They won't work the rest of the day either, and refreshing/closing internet explorer does nothing. Then I'll try the same video a couple days later and it plays fine - only to find another one that worked before suddenly doesn't. Genius.

RUSH said:

I find some older videos (2006-2008 ish) just refuse to play after about 1/5 of the way in. They won't work the rest of the day either, and refreshing/closing internet explorer does nothing. Then I'll try the same video a couple days later and it plays fine - only to find another one that worked before suddenly doesn't. Genius.

Internet Explorer. There's your problem...

I like the bug where a video will start, freeze and then start again only to freeze and then play only the audio.

That one is great.

The biggest bug on YouTube is YouTube itself.

I watch ONE video from that screaming manbaby twat Markiplier, just to see his forced 'scared bitch' reactions out of "Elementary Memories", a game which Lowtax (rightfully) thought was a 'bit'* shit. I give his video a 'Thumbs-Down'.

And now I see nothing but Markiplier recommendations. Great, because one negative reaction from watching this screaming cunt of a waste of atoms clearly wasn't enough. jkghjyagfjafjkahfj. Fucking YouTube.

*He hated it, and so he should have. It sucks.

I just hate a lot about modern youtube, so much i cant sum it up without making an insane list. But at the same time i like it because i am used to it for so many years on hold.

The most irritating BUG like instance is when a video is unavailable while you know for sure you can watch it. these 2 :

A - you can watch it via embedded forum posts but not on the tube.
B - the complete opposite, watch it on youtube, fails on a forum.

BaronOfStuff said:

The biggest bug on YouTube is YouTube itself.

I watch ONE video from that screaming manbaby twat Markiplier, just to see his forced 'scared bitch' reactions out of "Elementary Memories", a game which Lowtax (rightfully) thought was a 'bit'* shit. I give his video a 'Thumbs-Down'.

And now I see nothing but Markiplier recommendations. Great, because one negative reaction from watching this screaming cunt of a waste of atoms clearly wasn't enough. jkghjyagfjafjkahfj. Fucking YouTube.

*He hated it, and so he should have. It sucks.

Fuck Markiplier, fuck PewDiePie and any other LPer who fake their reactions to horror or surprise.

BaronOfStuff said:

I watch ONE video from that screaming manbaby twat Markiplier...

Ouch, all the way through or did you manage to save some braincells by exiting the video?

I dislike their search engine. No matter how many thousands of matches they claim to have found for your search phrase, after trawling through a few hundred or so it's "Oops - we've run out of those. Here's a page of unrelated crap that might entertain you.".

BaronOfStuff said:

I watch ONE video ... And now I see nothing but Markiplier recommendations.

Actually, I think just viewing the video generates the recommendation. Easiest way to get rid of them is to blast your YouTube cookies; shouldn't affect anything else.

mrthejoshmon said:

Ouch, all the way through or did you manage to save some braincells by exiting the video?

I skipped around to the bits I recognised from Lowtax's video, typically the 'jumpscares' which involve a deformed meatman loping around the place. Then I gave it a thumbs-down and closed the tab.

BlueFeena said:

Actually, I think just viewing the video generates the recommendation. Easiest way to get rid of them is to blast your YouTube cookies; shouldn't affect anything else.

Should have thought of that myself. I'll give it a go, thanks.

wasn't there one bug where the page wouldn't load and they say something about "highly trained monkeys"?

I liked the bug where you could preload the entire video by hitting pause. Too bad they fixed it.

Phml said:

I liked the bug where you could preload the entire video by hitting pause. Too bad they fixed it.

i want it back. For as long as i ever could remember youtube it would keep loading and buffering, so it would be extremely hard to believe that buffering was a bug. By all means it is a normal way of functioning they removed to avoid people bypassing their new 'you cant download' this video protection by means of the cache on windows and process cache on linux. No preloading = you are severely fucked on slow internet connections, which always worked before google got youtube.

Just like they made youtube re-load every damn video now, if you click in its timeline...

*with download i refer to permanently save. everything you open in a browser gets downloaded.

Phml said:

oh fuck yes. not even sure if it actually was a bug but I too want it back.

also, I like how they tried to implement 3D into some videos, which I'm pretty sure no one cared about. unfortunately for 3D videos, I couldn't pause and let them buffer unlike the 2D ones.

Phml said:

Man, i miss that bug, that bug was very good and i want it back.

Tangentially relevant. I was watching this video earlier, and the view counter was missing. I don't know if this is still going on.

Phml said:

I don't know if it's a bug they fixed or a streaming protocol they stopped using, but I want it back! It was great if you had a slow connection.

Indeed, patience is a virtue. Why punish us with the connection time-outs when we are allowing you to stream the content at your corporate leisure?

Buffering a video is not a bug, it is normal pre-loading. Youtube had this functioning ever since i started to use it. it worked wonders for really slow internet connections. It buffered in 2007 and it buffered all those years up to the google buyout.

If you can not buffer an entire video, whilst modern flash systems even outplay caching, it becomes a lot harder to permanently save youtube videos.

Never noticed how it magically starts buffering again from the moment the 'progress indicator' has maybe 10 seconds left of buffered video ?

Youtube has started to mutate the links and systems of videos to outplay and disable youtube-video-downloader tools.

Phml said:

Get the Youtube Center plugin, set a default quality, and disable DASH playback. Also has options to fix a whole bunch of other crap.
https://github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/wiki

There sure are a lot of rather big bugs on youtube: