Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ASD

Classic games that got old

I'm trying to play Bioshock for the first time and I don't think it aged very well. I don't think it quite lives up to its hype. I'd argue that The Darkness pulled off most of the mechanic concepts off better and it came out a few months prior. shrug.

1 - Tekken (all of em):

I could play it for hours but now I can't stand over 20 minutes tops, I know all those combos and stuff so I just boss the AI all over (even on hard).

2 - Quake (1):

I may be burned alive for this one but Quake is quite boring to play through now seeing as though I know the level routes and secrets, that and I was never really a fan of the game.

3 - Earth Worm Jim (1 and 2, never played 3D):

It was a hard but fun experience at first, then when I realize nothing much new can happen in this 2D game I begin to get impatient and often just quit.

4 - Oddworld games (All of em):

I have played every Oddworld game, I loved every oddworld game... But when you get the best possible ending for each one there seems to be absolutely no point in going back to them (Even Stranger's Wrath and Munch's Odyssey got boring despite the amount of fun that can be had dicking around in them).

5 - Worms (1):

This is some personal blasphemy. I love Worms, it comes close to being my favorite series (right next to Doom, Half-Life, Fallout, Duke and Halo) but I absolutely cannot stand playing the first one for 5 minutes! It is so lacking compared to the later releases, the game has been spoiled for me because of the later games (which I still play to this day). I dunno, its just boring now.

Nomad said:

I'm trying to play Bioshock for the first time and I don't think it aged very well. I don't think it quite lives up to its hype. I'd argue that The Darkness pulled off most of the mechanic concepts off better and it came out a few months prior. shrug.

\

It's only five years old, have FPSs changed that much since?

mrthejoshmon said:

5 - Worms (1):

This is some personal blasphemy. I love Worms, it comes close to being my favorite series (right next to Doom, Half-Life, Fallout, Duke and Halo) but I absolutely cannot stand playing the first one for 5 minutes! It is so lacking compared to the later releases, the game has been spoiled for me because of the later games (which I still play to this day). I dunno, its just boring now.

I was raised on Scorched Earth so the first Worms game always felt very primitive to me.