Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breezeep

Unpopular Opinions

- I hate CoD commentators, they are bullshit.
- Youtube gaming channels are bullshit.
- I hate almost all popular Youtube bloggers, vloggers - whatever you call them
- Facebook sucks - too many people are caught up in seeing other peoples lives
- Rap, techno, dubstep, and 99% of modern music is absolute garbage
- Phones can be bullshit - stop texting so often you dumb bimbo and look at the real world
- Stimulant and opiate drugs should be decriminalized
- Marijuana and psychedelics should be completely legal
- Reality TV and similar styles are for morons (Trailer Park Boys does not count, that show is amazing.)

I think this somehow became the Captain Obvious thread while we weren't looking. I agree with most of you guys. Does that mean I'm a terrible person?

Membrain said:

I think this somehow became the Captain Obvious thread while we weren't looking. I agree with most of you guys. Does that mean I'm a terrible person?

Yes.

And I am awesome.

I don't use any "social media" or similar "new technologies", unless you count forums as such.

I don't believe in the New Economy (heh, the term is so 90s/early 00s already...)

Membrain said:

Nah, you're probably becoming a grizzled old fart like most of us here.

reality 2.0 said:

you know, its funny. A ton of "unpopular" opinions I see on the internet are pretty damn popular.

I see 2edgy4me kids claim they support eugenics all the time on the internet. It's probably the king of edgy opinions. Not saying you're trying to be edgy or anything, I just see the eugenics circlejerk come up frequently on other sites.

I've never heard of this "2edgy4me" thing. Is that something like 4chan?

Also, by "unpopular" I assumed "in the REAL world". The Internet is so full of sick people that no opinion will be deemed "unpopular" here :P

... but I'm not sick, my opinion is legit! :P

I believe compulsory pension and social security schemes should be abolished and people should be free to save and manage their money the best way they can.

This one is bound to piss a lot of people off, but I don't really care that much for the Atari 2600. Don't get me wrong, I respect the history and legacy it had behind it and I feel that it was definitely a great console for its time. If it weren't for the 2600, the video game console market as we know it would not exist today.

That being said however, I don't think its aged very well, especially when you compare it to the NES, which still holds up tremendously well to this day even after almost 30 years since it came out in 1985. A lot of games for the 2600 just feel way too simple to be considered games anymore. Even most classic arcade games from the early 80's have aged better than the 2600.

Patch93 said:

A lot of games for the 2600 just feel way too simple to be considered games anymore. Even most classic arcade games from the early 80's have aged better than the 2600.

Yeah, but some are still better than a lot of casual shovelware, "indie" games or chinese console knockoffs. Ofc that just tells a lot about the "quality" of the shovelware, indie games etc. rather than the Atari's.

Maes said:

I believe compulsory pension and social security schemes should be abolished and people should be free to save and manage their money the best way they can.

My government is effectively trying to do this for under 30's.
Them, and you, can go shove your shitty short sighted ideology up your useless flaccid arsehols, there is nothing "free" about the economic environment that would create. Of course, as recent polling and mass demonstrations here has shown, that's not an unpopular opinion, so:

I don't really like spaghetti

Captain Red said:

I don't really like spaghetti

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Actually, if we're talking mildly unpopular opinions, I don't really think that we should be farming animals on the massive scale we are and I believe that farm subsidies in the US are mostly hurting small farmers. (Note: I live on the eastern seaboard's farm country.)

Pavera said:

I think the internet is one of the worst things to happen to society.

Yeah, it allowed all of us to get to know you. Dude, of all the silly shit in this thread, eugenics apologetism including, this is the silliest one. :P

Attending school should not be compulsory. Some kids act like assholes to others, and don't want to study. They shouldn't have to be forced to be there, and ruin it for the good students. There should be free public school, but children should not be compelled to attend by the government.

Not into genocide, but if some horrible atrocity involving the extermination of millions of Muslims were to occur, I wouldn't shed a tear.

GoatLord said:

Not into genocide, but if some horrible atrocity involving the extermination of millions of Muslims were to occur, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Same with Catholics and Murcan fundies. I might add a jig on the mass grave. #atheism #superior #edgy

GoatLord said:

Not into genocide

some horrible atrocity involving the extermination of millions of Muslims were to occur,

I'm fairly certain that is the actual definition of genocide. I would also have to say that isn't exactly an unpopular opinion either.

dew said:

I like Nirvana.

Not unpopular until you like everything they inspired.

Anyway, I like In Flames's newer work.

And socially, women get away with too much bullshit.

Quast said:

I'm fairly certain that is the actual definition of genocide. I would also have to say that isn't exactly an unpopular opinion either.

He didn't say their mass extermination was man induced. If a meteorite were to hit the middle east... Or if the Pakistani Taliban were to nuke Iran and stupidly destroyed Iran, Iraq, a good punk of Arabia and themselves in the disaster.

flubbernugget said:

And socially, women get away with too much bullshit.

Only murder and custody battles.

dew said:

Yeah, it allowed all of us to get to know you. Dude, of all the silly shit in this thread, eugenics apologetism including, this is the silliest one. :P

ok fine you caught me. #tryingtobecontroversial

Technician said:

He didn't say their mass extermination was man induced.

"Extermination" necessitates will, does it not?

Friday sucks, and it's today because I have to clean my clean room, I mean... It's not that dusty, it's just a few crumbs in a few places and then I have to wash the floor (sometimes) I really hope it's not this time.

Technician said:

If a meteorite were to hit the middle east... [/b]

Quast said:

"Extermination" necessitates will, does it not?

Could be God's will, with a meteorite as the weapon of choice. Though I prefer to think of it as a happy accident, since there's way too many hominids on this rock.

GreyGhost said:

Could be God's will, with a meteorite as the weapon of choice.

He already threw a meteorite at them once and they all tremble in it's direction times a day in prayer.

And here they destroy everything that could be perceived as idolatry without a sense of irony.

I think Muslims are for the most part just dandy. My old doctor was one. Gave me some neat pills for the RSI I had in my arm. He was a cool dude.

Gez said:

There's no such thing as "unpopular opinions" on the Internet. Find the proper niche community and any opinion, no matter how stupid or abhorrent, will find acceptance.

That is incredibly provable.