Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Can 2.2% beer make you alcoholic?

Nomad said:

So alcohol speeding up your metabolism is exactly WHY it causes you to pack on pounds.

Well, that, and the fact that a gram of alcohol gives you 7 calories, vs 9 for fat. Quite a bit, if you ask me.

GreyGhost said:

You'll be fine, so long as the other 97.8% isn't pure ethanol.

Or Fusel, made from fermented icelandic shark and rotting potatoes or whatever.

fraggle said:

I still have my suspicions that Hákarl and Brennivin were invented to troll tourists.

Speaking of hákarl, I send some to Spoony and ashens, but was dumb enough to not put them into boxes so they did not make it to them in one piece. Spoony did mention it is one of his videos though http://spoonyexperiment.com/vlogs/spoony-april-try-mitsuwa-market-food-3/ (go to 53:30)

I did send him another can this time packed in a better box, he hasn't eaten or mentioned it in any of his videos so I can only assume that he either did not have the time or desire to so, that he ate it without making a video about it, or that he simply threw it away (the last seems unlikely considering the things he says in the video).

I would be very interested in sending some to the cinimasnob for his Brad Tries show, but I don't know his address.

Maes said:

wet carton.

First thought when I took non-alcoholic sober.
And mostly, I think non-alcoholic drinks were made for one purpose; just to make sure your totally wasted buddies don't pass out or puke all over the place. They never see the difference, tested, works for 9/10 drunkards. And rest of the 1/10 are either seasoned alcoholics who has (some) sense left or they might just say "This tastes like piss."

Speaking of light/bad beers, the worst IMO are those newfangled "Radler" type beers -essentially a light 2-2.2% beer mixed with lemonade. Ends up tasting like neither, and is quite literally the closest thing to piss I've ever tried. Yet those are FORCEDLY and PAINFULLY marketed as "refreshing summer beers". Meh. I prefer the carton-like of alcohol-free beers anytime over such a travesty.

Maes said:

Speaking of light/bad beers, the worst IMO are those newfangled "Radler" type beers -essentially a light 2-2.2% beer mixed with lemonade. Ends up tasting like neither, and is quite literally the closest thing to piss I've ever tried. Yet those are FORCEDLY and PAINFULLY marketed as "refreshing summer beers". Meh. I prefer the carton-like of alcohol-free beers anytime over such a travesty.

Yeah Fosters have a line like that as if Fosters wasn't bad enough, that shit tastes like piss full stop like most lagers (and Strongbow which is a cider, of course). If you want a remotely drinkable lager, then grab yourself Heineken, Becks or a can of Holsten.

Maes said:

A few of those have appeared here. People in my circles mostly ignore them. Sometimes beer can be mixed with things, but it always seems like it only works if you do it yourself instead of letting it happen in the factory.

You're best off not drinking daily to keep yourself and your body from wanting more. Your body develops a tolerance and over time a dependence, which is what you don't want because withdrawal is not pleasant.

2.2%? Better watch yourself there bud - don't wanna see anybody get hurt from piss water.