Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rampancy

NVIDIA Shield

Are you able to map the controls to touch based games? How does that work for you bc that is one of the big selling points for me. I also like the fact that it is one unit and you don't have to set your screen up on something.

I don't really use it for most of my games since it wouldn't make sense. Like, I wouldn't play Plague Inc. with a gamepad, I'd play it as a touch game or with a mouse. But for things like emulators, it's totally mappable. Contra Evolution is too, I think.

I've played with Shield.

Steam made it obsolete pretty quick with their Streaming. I always thought Shield was pretty niche and expensive. Not sure if the hardcore gamer wants a $500 portable system when they have laptops.

rampancy said:

$500 would be nuts but you can get one for $199 now which seems competitive.

HA yeah its been a while since I demoed one.

I just like the fact it has a real controller.

I hate steam, no matter what goodies they offer me, for being the Trojan horse that took all the fun out of PC gaming. If I buy a game it belongs to me end of story no questions asked. If I want to install it on all my computers, that's my right. I don't want to log in to 3rd party software at all, ever. I don't want extra crap running on my machine period. I might as well just install the f-ing bing bar and the google bar and the banjo crap and have it all on my desktop at once. I ought to see how much crap I can get running on my PC and loading up at boot time so I can't even use the freaking thing. I want Valve to subsidize my power bill. Now I have to buy a game I can't even install without signing some god forsaken contract. It makes me irate to pay $50 and have those pompous dicks come off like they are doing me a favor.

Anyway, if I get one I'll let you guys know what I think.