Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
IMJack

Above the Law (or at least the tax code)

This is cute: Wesley Snipes' "creative" tax return from 2001. He employed a tax-frauding hotshot named Douglas Rosile, who's being prosecuted for it right now. (Freedom of information is a beautiful thing, ne?)

I don't get it.

I could use that kind of tax return though =)

Basically, he says he deserves a $7 million tax return because supposedly the only taxable income is that earned from non-US companies. Check out Line 1 where he claims the $19M he earned isn't taxable income. Line 22 is the $7M he wants back.

Dammit. If I had $1 million, I could spend the rest of my life comfortable. If anyone had $19 million, why would they want any more. At least $10 million of that I'd send to charity.

This is why people should not be allowed a personal worth of more than say, 3 million dollars. Maybe then all the third world countries we exploit would stop trying to kill us. I hate rich people. Happily. :)

Rellik said:

This is why people should not be allowed a personal worth of more than say, 3 million dollars.

That's quite a bit, but yeah I guess it's acceptable.

I think nobody should make more than $100,000 a year though, you just don't need more than that. At all.

Actualy, no one really needs any money at all, but now we're getting into theoretical thinking, and you guys don't seem to like talking about that very much.

Heh, I'd love to live in some StarTrekesque reality but it's just not meant to be. Yeah, $100,000 a year sounds good, but better have a cap on how much you can be worth too. That way if you've got a million dollars worth of stuff you'll have to give all the money you make away so you don't go over the 1 mill cap. Imagine if all the mney in the world kept circulating instead of collecting in teh pockets of the super-rich...