Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Hardest game Enemy you ever fought .

Gornarch ? Nah it was easier then what i thought,just shoot on it's "Boob" =3 or stomic or whatever ..

Doom Dude said:

Speaking of Half-Life, I really hated fighting the Gornarch that first time way back when. I found it all very annoying.

When I encountered that battle, the last segment would always break on my PS2 version and either leave me with a Gonarch who simply couldn't be arsed to turn up or an invincible Gonarch that would never progress the game (Tried and tested with multiple cheats, it wouldn't die no matter how many 500 missiles it ate).

The only way to actually beat the level for me was to hope it couldn't be arsed to turn up so I could attack the floor until it broke (Which would often cause a floating Gonarch to appear in the next level).

deathbringer said:

Also, I can't remember if it was Sonic 3, or SnK, when you fight Robotnik on a platform. There's a long ride to reach him, so if you're Super Sonic, your rings all run out and you're left defenceless for the boss fight.

it's from the third Sonic game, and a pretty cruel prank they play on you. you're able to defeat the pretty easy first boss if you turn Super, but then you're completely screwed against him on the platform, because unless you have hundreds upon hundreds of rings collected, you're left with no resources fighting against two bosses at once (one if you're combining the cartridges.) i guess they didn't want you to cheese your way through the final boss... but then, S&K's endboss is pathetically easy, because you can turn Super and beat the boss without running out of rings at all (not talking about the Doomsday Zone boss). hell, they even turn off your Super mode when moving to the next screen to save you some rings.

mrthejoshmon said:

(Which would often cause a floating Gonarch to appear in the next level).

After following it you'll end up on one of Xen traps,and Gonarch in will start dropping baby headcrabs on you,and a White Poison at same time,probably it's hard to shoot it while it's moving and the baby Headcrabs at same time,but as long as you have a Gauss you don't need to worry about this :)

EDIT : Bugs still exist even in source edition,you'll see the gonarch Getting stuck so many times ..

Castlevania 1 Death, that's a tough one, Gouki/Akuma in SSF2X/Turbo, cheap as hell spamming hadoukens and zankus, Gill from SF3 series, he has an unblockable super that cannot be parryied and is cheap as well, KOF bosses are a cheap as hell, Mugen chars like Nightmare SSJ3 Broly and Limiter Cut Broly, these are almost impossible to beat specially LCB, Geese in Fatal Fury, he is very cheap, his reppuken can take about almost half of your health and the Moongoose in XIII.

Every single enemy after the second person you fight in Mortal Kombat II, even on Very Easy difficulty. They block everything, and toss you around if you enter into their personal space.

Actually most games that were originally for the arcades have bullshit difficulties, so you can waste a ton of money playing.

Kontra Kommando said:

Every single enemy after the second person you fight in Mortal Kombat II, even on Very Easy difficulty. They block everything, and toss you around if you enter into their personal space.

Actually most games that were originally for the arcades have bullshit difficulties, so you can waste a ton of money playing.

I'm glad someone else picked up on that too. Once you put in another quarter, even that super tough enemy becomes easier.

Kontra Kommando said:

Mileena's throws were the worst.

Omegalore said:

Really? Lol.

Zombiemen can be pretty badass. Once, one of them sniped me from the other side of the map, while I was low on health.

Kontra Kommando said:

That's why the "pros" actually "mastered" arcade beat-em-ups by exploiting every possible AI glitch and exploit and using only a few overpowered characters and moves, hence why their performance playing against the AI was totally different than that versus another player. OTOH, after a certain level of difficulty, that was the only way you could realistically play without getting your ass handed to you in mere seconds. The Tekken series was particularly bad in that respect: as far as I can remember, either you mastered that "powerup spark" move at the beginning of the round and finished each match in one or two kicks as the AI ran into you, or your "gameplay" would simply last a grand total of 30".

Maes said:

That's why the "pros" actually "mastered" arcade beat-em-ups by exploiting every possible AI glitch and exploit and using only a few overpowered characters and moves, hence why their performance playing against the AI was totally different than that versus another player. OTOH, after a certain level of difficulty, that was the only way you could realistically play without getting your ass handed to you in mere seconds. The Tekken series was particularly bad in that respect: as far as I can remember, either you mastered that "powerup spark" move at the beginning of the round and finished each match in one or two kicks as the AI ran into you, or your "gameplay" would simply last a grand total of 30".

This reminds me also of how Civilization is played on higher difficulties. I think it speaks rather poorly of the design of the game if the player's only hope is to exploit glitches on higher difficulties. I get that the AI's only hope against a human is to have bonus modifiers to its production/gold/etc. But beating these buffed AIs gets to the point of absurdity. The "strategy" in beating the AI is deleterious to the overall game play experience. For example, there were/are threads in the Civ forum that explain how not building roads, and buildings are keys to success in beating the AI. To me that seems sort of lame; being forced to play in such an unorthodox way, in order to beat the game. Eventually the developers patch out those glitches. This proves this is not the way the game was intended to be played.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Speaking of "DOOM" (Aaaargh !)
[IMG][/IMG]

I see what you did there. And I raise you....

God damn his homing rockets......

Diablo 2.

Duriel.

Small area? Check. Permanent cold aura? Check. Super fucking fast attack? Check. Relentless as hell? Check. Early in the game? Check.

Seriously.

Fuck.

Ruby and Emerald Weapon from FF7. Never beat them. Didn't have to, couldn't be bothered.

Duriel was actually, pretty easy, come to think of it, all the bosses in Diablo 2 were easy, with the exception of Diablo himself.

Duriel was much easier on the highest difficulty but that could be due to the way the leveling works at that point.

First time I died in Diablo II was because of Duriel, and to think he was worse in early releases.

The Mutant in Wolf3D may not be the hardiest of combatants but it is psychologically the most nerve-racking to deal with, especially when you cannot see it but know it is stalking about, like in a maze, and has a super lethal attack. To make matters worse, they're completely silent, except for gunshots. Reaction time is everything, but also predicting where they'll be, or you'll be dead in less than two seconds. Honestly, they can be cheating bastards like in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBMitYAlY2Q

Yeah, Duriel was pretty difficult in the earlier versions. If you used CD to play the game, you often died before your screen got to the area because the game froze for 5~ seconds to load Duriel's sound from CD.
Iron Maiden curse was a bit stupid. Reflecting 150% physical damage back to the player, which basically meant one hit death. That was so cruel when playing on hardcore and not knowing about it D:

Omegalore said:

Choegh of BLOOD. I did ragequit and starting Episode 1 over again. Keep getting my ass handed by him.

Stone Gargoyles are extremely exploitable, stay crouched and they can't hit you with their projectile. Just crouch and back away from them while you empty into them. If you have a Tesla Cannon later on in the game they are especially weak against it.

Fuzzyfireball said:

If you have a Tesla Cannon later on in the game they are especially weak against it.

I didn't get that far yet. I only got to his boss form. I'll keep a note of that tip though. Thanks. It's also my first playing BLOOD too. Forgot to say that to reply :P

His boss form is the same as the regular stone gargs, its like the Baron of Hell in Doom. They should've made a stronger stone garg like the bigger badder Battlelord in Duke3D's ep1 and then distribute mini versions.

Blood's AI is very exploitable, in fact, the crouch breaks the game almost entirely at times, use it when you're feeling overwhelmed by packs of enemies.

In the guns akimbo secret, you can trick Cheogh or his clone to fly out of the map where he'll die. It's difficult tho.

Avoozl said:

Duriel was much easier on the highest difficulty but that could be due to the way the leveling works at that point.

This. By the time you fight him in Nightmare and Hell, you have better equipment and better & more skills. On normal though he is the most bullshit boss in the game.

Diablo is otherwise the hardest boss in the game (Baal doesn't pose a threat at all such a bad follow up). The reason I didn't say him is because Duriel is hard in a bullshit way, while Diablo is legitimately hard. Except the flame nova.

Infirnex said:

This. By the time you fight him in Nightmare and Hell, you have better equipment and better & more skills. On normal though he is the most bullshit boss in the game.

Diablo is otherwise the hardest boss in the game (Baal doesn't pose a threat at all such a bad follow up). The reason I didn't say him is because Duriel is hard in a bullshit way, while Diablo is legitimately hard. Except the flame nova.

QFT on that.
Duriel of all bosses, even if you know he's there, his Cold Aura does a ton of damage, even with cold resist you're still fucked royally until NM/Hell where the gear you get is godallmighty better.

First time fighting Diablo though, yes, he is tough. But knowing his movements, he's quite easy, and most of his attacks are fire and fire/lightning, just get Absorb Element (Absorb = resist but gaining portional hp) to fire and he's cake.

But honestly, Baal, predictable he is, his moves regardless of mode are really powerful and can kill you fast.

But to add to the list, even though is considered a Beef Gate (Enemy that guards certain area from access), the Dungeon Guardian from Terraria. Entering the dungeon means insta death if you haven't killed Skeletron.. But if you are some insane genius or an overpowered character, you can kill it, and rewards with Pet (Don't Even Ask-- Tool tip) Floating Skeletron Head and access to the Dungeon (risk of not getting Skeletrons ACTUAL drops). DG has 9999 Hp with 9999 Defense, all attacks do 1 damage except crits at.. 2 damage, so ranged fighting is a must on killing it.

Dead Space 2's final boss and the unstoppable necromorph leading up to it.

For the fourteenth chapter of the game, Issac found himself stalked by death itself instead of just a crazy ex girlfriend. Death is an unstoppable specter, a large version of a common necromorph. Even with all of its limbs cut off, it will regenerate and continue stalking a middle aged man.

Faced with death itself, the final chapter of the game made Issac realize there is a path in life away from death. Into the arms of a woman you love and away from the fact that death is all that's left. He explored the possibility of being with her and kids.

When I first faced off in a tango between two lovers, I had virtually no ammunition. None in my cutter, and a dozen shots in my rifle. I came up with a way to win this final tango even with such little ammunition. I would slow her down, then punch her in the face. This is a tango, a battle of two people on a dance floor. Once she takes a hold of Issac he's lost, because apparently he doesn't want to be with her.

The dance floor is a shadowy place, difficult to see even with pretty bright lights. Its tough for Issac to see who she really is, but he soon finds out, she wants commitment and kids. A lot of kids.

Using my slow punch combination, I managed to win the first round twice only to get overtaken in the second round. I wasted half an hour struggling with no ammunition and all the health in the world. Health means nothing when one hits mean commitment and a life full of children and misery. I'm not saying everyone is miserable with kids, but Issac would be.

The kids crawl into the scene and overrun Issac. With no more powers to slow down time, Issac was swarmed each and every time by the children. If they didn't get me, his girlfriend's commitment would. This is why the game needs microtransactions. While I hate microtransactions, the Dead Space franchise can really paint you into a corner with limited ammunition and health. The enemies drop random loot, but if you can't survive, you have to restart a save file, which I ended up doing.

I made it back to the dance floor with a lot more ammunition and tactics to use against his partner. In the end, Issac was still overwhelmed by the third round. Kids are easy to beat with just one punch, but the third wave will have three children ripping Issac apart. Not to mention his girlfriend when she gets her claws on him.

It took a good hour to dump her and like always, the one he voted off the reality show took him back when he realized he had made a mistake. She came in on her white horse, picked him up and yelled at him for his stupid choices in life. Issac could be with her forever, safe from death and a life with children that weren't even his own. True love had prevailed. I prevailed.