Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fuzzball

What kind of things help you relax?

Lots of different things from you lot- I think walking might be something I'll think about. Might help me get a little exercise and just wander about~ Not sure running is for me.

Booze, Sauna and Death Metal (or good metal in general).

And if all three at the same time, the better.

I'm amused by the fact that I posted simultaneously as you,

And by the fact that the first thing you do on return is act like a dumbass by insulting the OP for no good reason.

SFoZ911 said:

ASMR videos(keyboard and doctor role play)

Tried ASMR, most of it is actually quite annoying to me. Whispering works, but duhh, that's probably some genetically encoded throwback to infancy. Other than that, the best ASMR vids (aka "bore me to sleep, pls") seem to be Bob Ross episodes. But no tingles in my panties. :(

dew said:

Other than that, the best ASMR vids (aka "bore me to sleep, pls") seem to be Bob Ross episodes.

I find it rather jarring that the soft-spoken painter was an Air Force Master Sergeant. He said he hated screaming at people and vowed to never do that once he retired.

As for me, I watch game playthroughs on my iPod before I sleep. I'm told that's not conducive to getting deep sleep, but it does get my eyes tired.

Jaxxoon R said:

I'm amused by the fact that I posted simultaneously as you,

And by the fact that the first thing you do on return is act like a dumbass by insulting the OP for no good reason.

I've noticed that's a trend of his.

I relax by playing a super serious game of CSGO competitive and wrecking those casual silver 1 scrubs that helped me jump straight over 3 ranks when I got my first 10 wins

Nah I play Proteus. The most calm thing ever. My brain just melts and feels good playing it.

Proteus is fun, just wish there was more! :D
Also lol Joe get out my thread you're not welcome here.

...sleep is quite nice though on the other hand.

Weights
melatonin - great when you're trying to sleep
green tea - it contains the amino acid L-theanine which can be taken free form for the same relaxing effect

cooking
reading
meditation - eyes shut, calm breathing, and uncluttering the mind of all thoughts
benzos - a friend that's prescribed them for anxiety gave me one to try once. They're incredible, but it's easy to see why so many get addicted and abuse them. A terribly seductive state of relaxation.

Sleep.

40oz said:

Smoking the reef is like an automatic "make you not care about anything for a few hours" thing.

Sadly it doesn't do that for me. My mind races thinking about things I otherwise wouldn't think twice about. The THC content in today's weed is too damn high lol. I just want some mellow dank low grade crap and everything is "Super Duper RX Krypto Chron"

SYS said:

The THC content in today's weed is too damn high lol. I just want some mellow dank low grade crap and everything is "Super Duper RX Krypto Chron"

Glad I'm not the only one to notice this... My dad stopped smoking entirely because "the shit's way stronger than it was in the 70's and 80's" and it no longer relaxed him. I'm glad to say it doesn't do that to me generally, but it's kinda nice where you can take more than 2 hits and not be mega-blazed..

Sometimes you just wanna get a little high! (Towlie voice)

I've seen fapping mentioned several times as a stress reliever and, perhaps owing to my intense cynicism and spiritual views, I have to admit that I find it to be a dead end. A substitute for activities which can take up less energy and benefit the mind more. But that's just me.

I rip off people's heads and drink their blood from their skulls.

I'm remarkably relaxed by default, but there's a lot that angers me, so the easiest way for me to relax is to stop doing whatever it is that I'm annoyed with. Saying that, getting angry at something is also almost the only thing that motivates me too, so the other good stress release is to overcome whatever it is I'm struggling with.

One thing that helps me is to remember that I'm wrong, you're wrong, everyone is wrong about everything, so why stress about trying to be right?

Watching Hitler parodies, WWE, inhaling and expiring like the Shaolin monks do and punching a wall(i'm a tough fucker), painful, but feels satisfying and helps me relax.

J.B.R said:

and punching a wall(i'm a tough fucker), painful, but feels satisfying and helps me relax.

Unless you're from one of those countries where people live in huts made of cow dung, I recommend stopping doing that before you ruin your hands.

dew said:

I recommend stopping doing that before you ruin your hands.

Hey hey, calm down, look i only do that when i feel i need to, it's nothing personal.

Doomkid said:

Glad I'm not the only one to notice this... My dad stopped smoking entirely because "the shit's way stronger than it was in the 70's and 80's" and it no longer relaxed him. I'm glad to say it doesn't do that to me generally, but it's kinda nice where you can take more than 2 hits and not be mega-blazed..

Sometimes you just wanna get a little high! (Towlie voice)

What you need to get is a metal bowl with a screen in it so you carefully place small amounts to easily gauge how much you can deal with. This is exactly what I do. Most every piece of glassware i've ever seen have large bowls where you can wastefully pack in 2 grams and it's hard to tell how much you're taking.

Agreed with Quast. Get a piece and get some skill smoking with it. Try not to waste any of the smoke by lighting 25% of the bowl all at once and you aren't ready to handle that capacity. Geez, with the kind of pot they sell around here, I'm hitting a pinch of weed so I don't get too high. And if I want to go heavy, I need some beers on hand in order to reduce the body load I get from weed.

The way I operate now is I don't smoke anything unless I'm doing some special or unusual drug that I super-enjoy, so I can enhance the hallucinations, euphoria, trip depth, or whatever. Smoking pot used to be really fun when I was 19-20 years old. Then around 21 I sort of grew out of it. I tried a few other drugs and decided I just didn't want to be baked every day, after a while I just didn't like the feeling of marijuanas. Maybe I go back to casual use some day. But hopefully not until they legalize it.

On topic: exercise, cooking, martial arts, hallucinogens/trippy drugs, writing, pencil and paper games, reading up on current events and history.

Said it many times like I sound like a broken record.

Create anime art (Yuki mostly) while listening to The Sun Rises of Okami.

I really relax mapping for Doom. It's like a therapy.

And... smoking. =P
Regular cigarette.

Quast said:

What you need to get is a metal bowl with a screen in it so you carefully place small amounts to easily gauge how much you can deal with. This is exactly what I do. Most every piece of glassware i've ever seen have large bowls where you can wastefully pack in 2 grams and it's hard to tell how much you're taking.

Enough to go into a ceramic cigarette one-hitter was too much, so potency was the only factor.