Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buckshot

So the Ashley Madison leak...

There are excuses to cheat on your spouse if that relationship is abusive and you fear your family. There are exceptions to everything that isn't death.

SavageCorona said:

That's a whole other realm, friendo.

bingo. yes, there are rare instances to escape a relationship outside the norm, but majority of cheaters have no life threatening reason to do something of that sort.

darknation said:

Murder, rape, pillage, theft, drunk driving, FGM, genocide, taking a shit in the cistern at a party, fucking dogs and horses, general Hitlerism, child abuse, MISGENDERING!, injecting heroin into the fat blue vein underneath your cock, spreading AIDS, dangling your child over a balcony window, chopping a man's cock off and throwing it out of the window of a moving car, selling drugs, leaking files to wikileaks, flying planes into trade centers, releasing anthrax in tube stations, stealing babies from aborigines, oops I accidentally Madeleline McCann'ed, shooting rhinos and elephants...

And let's not forget slavery.

darknation said:

Perspective required, then. As much as you hate your ex for allowing the ingress of another man's peen, there are actually worse things in the world.

Oh, absolutely.

Wonder how many people use these kind of services due to being in an unhappy relationship. How small of a threshold is it for some to be driven to cheating? I know I couldn't trust someone as a friend who cheats on their loved ones.

darknation said:

selling drugs

i dispute the shit outta this

j4rio said:

Oh please, in a perfect world cheating should be endorsed. Humans aren't monogamous and will never be, it's only a widely perpetrated illusion. You'll never be able to remain attracted to one single human being other than yourself throughout your lifespan no matter what.

No one's asking you to only be attracted to one person ever though, you're being asked to build a life with someone. This is why people who are truly in love call their partner their other half. That doesn't mean you're not allowed to have the occasional wank to who or whatever you like, assuming your partner is sane enough to handle that.

You guys sound like you're from the 60's with this talk, and honestly I totally get where you're coming from - Sex is fucking awesome - but there's nothing fun about STDs and only sleeping with a limited number of people throughout your life is the smartest way to reduce your chances of getting one or more.

This is just my take on it. Nothing about it is religious or anything - I'm totally atheist, it's just I was raised by two great parents and they haven't cheated on eachother or slept with another person in about 25 years. They're both way happier than most of my friend's parents who have been in multiple relationships and slept with multiple people over time. I know it's anecdotal evidence but it's enough to persuade me.

I'm conflicted. On one hand, the leak was a naked invasion of privacy and it was pretty much illegal.
On the other, It's a site for having affairs.
There's such a thing as healthy polyamory. Ashley Madison ain't it.

Doomkid said:

Don't be telling that to me, tell that to statistically around half of all married couples whose marriage ended with a divorce.

Doomkid said:

I was raised by two great parents and they haven't cheated on eachother or slept with another person in about 25 years. They're both way happier than most of my friend's parents who have been in multiple relationships and slept with multiple people over time. I know it's anecdotal evidence but it's enough to persuade me.

Or maybe you're just not aware of the swinger parties that they have with the neighbors and your Gym teacher.

On the plus side I have 5 cousins that have gotten married in a 2 year span.

Bloodshedder said:

Hm, interesting. Is there any reliable source of the raw number of all marriages over the years for comparision? I mean, lower divorce rate can mean increase in stability of marriages but can also be a direct result of lesser amounts of marriages.

Anyway, if things were as ideallistic as doomkid has put, there would be pretty much no need for divorces in the first place.

I know the reason to expose fraud was a front and they would have done it anyway, but I live in a family that was torn apart from a cheating father (who also used the web to get his Chinese mistresses), so I know how much harm and suffering enabling sites like this are capable of, to not just the other partner in the relationship, but the whole family... for some cunt to steal the best most desirable years of your life only to drop you for a younger woman/man is a really shit thing to do, especially when dragging said relationship out while cheating for 10+ years instead of ending it. Karma is a bitch to this site, and it'll now get less business.