Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scet

Get ready for some Ultra Cyber Violence!

I do not really follow the internet much at all, but I suppose "triggering" is along the lines of someone that is under this effect reads the following sentence: "Sue gave Joe 15 USD to purchase dog food for her puppies because her car would not start this morning." and someone being "triggered" with:

• The time they tossed their puppies on their trampoline and then started to jump on it themselves, except the trampoline is deady and they snapped the neck of the puppies instantly killing them. Thus whenever puppies are mentioned they enter a deep depressive and suicidal state.
  • The time where they purposefully killed their own puppies for thrill after seeing a movie where puppies died and they wanted to reenact said scene.
  • Giving someone money to purchase something where they end up getting killed in the act of doing you the favor. That is the guilt of you killing them, even when it was a complete accident.
  • The time during the current war where you were captured by terrorists and given nothing to eat except for dog food and muddy water. So dog food makes you sad.
  • Sue/Joe is a man/woman/thing and you are a man/woman/thing, and you were raped by a man/woman/thing.
If so, then it just sounds as if it were a different non-standard word for PTSD (think old soldiers and balloons popping in a supermarket).

GhostlyDeath said:

If so, then it just sounds as if it were a different non-standard word for PTSD (think old soldiers and balloons popping in a supermarket).

It's not even non-standard, I'm pretty sure the full term is actually PTSD trigger. It's just people tend to use the same words as their friend, and from that it spread due to nobody keeping it in-check. And because of that, it's mocked pretty relentlessly due to a lot of people being dickwaffles.

GhostlyDeath said:

• The time they tossed their puppies on their trampoline and then started to jump on it themselves, except the trampoline is deady and they snapped the neck of the puppies instantly killing them. Thus whenever puppies are mentioned they enter a deep depressive and suicidal state.

• That sounds like a morbid Mr. Bean episode.

GhostlyDeath said:

I do not really follow the internet much at all, but I suppose "triggering" is along the lines of someone that is under this effect reads the following sentence: "Sue gave Joe 15 USD to purchase dog food for her puppies because her car would not start this morning." and someone being "triggered" with:

• The time where they purposefully killed their own puppies for thrill after seeing a movie where puppies died and they wanted to reenact said scene.
    • Giving someone money to purchase something where they end up getting killed in the act of doing you the favor. That is the guilt of you killing them, even when it was a complete accident.
    • The time during the current war where you were captured by terrorists and given nothing to eat except for dog food and muddy water. So dog food makes you sad.
    • Sue/Joe is a man/woman/thing and you are a man/woman/thing, and you were raped by a man/woman/thing.

A "Tumblr Trigger" is what we like to call being made uncomfortable by a small thing. An actual trigger is something that causes a flashback to a horrific event and then they have a panic attack. Wreck it Ralph actually explains what a trigger is in about 10 seconds.

Although it is true you can harrass people constantly by said mediums (such as Facebook, Emails, etc), I feel it is lack of common sense when people interact online.

1) Never store personal information online.
    2) Don't give complete strangers personal details.
    3) That Nigerian Prince wanting your credit card details to get rich. Would you believe me if I walked up to your door asking the same thing?
    4) Don't overreact, indifference is the best countermeasure to online harrassment. People will get tired bashing a wall and they will stop ... if they don't then joke's on them.
    5) You wouldn't give phone numbers to strangers so don't give out your email addresses to strangers either.

I feel that the only time online harrassment is truly an issue is if you know the said harrasser in real-life and/or they are affecting you in real-life.

The only thing which I will add to this conversation would be the fact that laws really haven't caught up with the medium. Internet is expanding faster than laws can keep up with.

Attributing it to lack of commonsense is victim blaming you virtual Bill Cosby.