Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da_Esco²

Doomers who like da original Transformers: peep dis.....

pritch said:

oh yeah and zarcy when will you realise it's not sad to play with this stuff, we are MEN! :P

Hm, the only stuff I play with now is computer games.

Hm, the only stuff I play with now is computer games.

........... and occasionally his neighbor's teenage daughter. And maybe himself when he's REALLY bored!
:P

And I'm a HUGE fan of all of dat 80's, and early 90's goodness... I wuz into GI JOE, Thundercats, TRANSFORMERS, Voltron, Lego, He-Man and She-Ra, and of course Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I had LOTS of all of them toys, and watched da tv shows frequently. Them things made me a ton of loot when I sold a lot of them.

I am now collecting the newer transformers that be sold, and have been since beast wars. I try to collect MIB and MIP figures only, and even have a few VERY RARE Botcon figures (which is a transformers Convention basically botcon.com). A great place to buy old transformers from is ebay.com.... you can get MAD STUFF there really cheap.

Da_Esco² said:

........... and occasionally his neighbor's teenage daughter. And maybe himself when he's REALLY bored!
:P

Lol, none of my neighbours have a teenage daughter. Well, if we REALLY have to go into details: I also play with my broken airsoftgun occasionally, a pen+paper (complimented by my eraser), and sometimes I even play football (sucker... errmmm, I mean 'soccer').

pritch said:

oh yeah and zarcy when will you realise it's not sad to play with this stuff, we are MEN! :P

I never dissed Lego. Lego is one of the best inventions on Earth.

I'm with esco on the 80s and 90s stuff. This is my childhood period here so it's kinda special.

No girls next door? I'm never staying with you dsm.. :P

those were the days. I remeber kicking back and watchin all those toon. voltron, robotech, thundercats, and of course my fave transformers. I will never forget or outgrow any of them. I wish I would have taken care of my transformers toys, especially jetfire and optimus. those would have the most valuable one that I ever had.

and since lego was mentioned, I gotta say I'm still a lego freak. my younger brother and cannibalized mad sets to make our own vehicles and characters. my brother still does that, as a matter of fact he is working on stuff right now. construx was cool to, but does anyone remeber capsela(sp?). I had fun with those to, but don't see them around any more.

pritch said:

No girls next door? I'm never staying with you dsm.. :P

Well, one of my neighbours is a girl, but 1) she has a boyfriend and 2) she's really not my type, but like I said: NONE of my neighbours have a teenage daughter (they're not old enough to have a teenage daughter).
But I admit that there's a shortage of girls in the place were I live (opposite to the school where I study - girls everywhere, boys are rare).

And why would you stay with me anyway?

In Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, can someone please tell me where Slash came into it, cos I have loads of the toys from years ago and I never saw some of the characters (like Slash) in the cartoon at all.

Heh, I see.

And yeah, I used to love Thundercats and He-Man, but now I can't remember anything about them. I wish I had satellite TV - I think they still repeat some of them on there - I've seen old episodes of Danger Mouse and Count Duckular but most of you probably won't have heard of them cos I think they're English.

Hmmm...I actualy used to watch Count Duckula and Danger Mouse on Nickelodeon back in the day. As for old cartoons, the only one I really got into when I was a kid was Ninja Turtles. I guess its on account of me bein a little younger than most of you. I never actualy watched much Transformers until about last year, when I downloaded all of the first series episodes that Elbryan had up on his site. Then about a month ago, my friend made me watch the whole first season of Beastwars. Whee...

Anyway, when it comes to kick ass cartoons, there are only two words:

I N V A D E R
Z I M

Yay...too bad I didn't hear about it until a month after it was cancelled.

Danarchist, how old are you? Are these Transformers first series videos still available for download? If so, where?

I just bought a great Robot-Toy yesterday! It's one of those awesome made in China numbers, hell just the box was worth the money. It's called a "SUPER MEGA HEAVY METAL FIGHTER!" I love the side:

".Electronic Voice Sounding!"

"English or other Country language voice then action run!"

When you put the batteries in it starts whirling / blinking / screaming "Hey you drop the gun fire!" RA TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT!

It's awesome!

MaTT [TiK] said:
Danarchist, how old are you? Are these Transformers first series videos still available for download? If so, where?

I'm 18

The videos aren't for download anymore, because Elbryan had to much bandwidth usage because of them.

Heh...for some reason what Rellik is talking about reminded me of what someone was telling me once. There was some toy back in the 50s called Monster Magnet.

EDITED because of lousy grammer.

18 and you started watching Transformers a lot last year. Cool, at least now I know I'm not too old at 16. Thanks, I just found his site and I'm about to ICQ him.

hey you guys, i went on the uicorn site, and saw a transformer i had: The 1984 Optimus Prime!! omg...what do you think it'd be worth? oh damn...i wonder where it is and if it's intact :|

As I said earlier, I have quite a few Transformer models that my next-door neighbour gave me, a few years ago. They belonged to his son when he was young, and are probably from the 80s. I doubt they're worth much because they are a bit smashed up, but I'd like to find out. Are there any websites that show how much these sorts of things are worth?

I also have quite a few Turtles and Ghost Busters toys from when I was younger, but they're from the 90s and are even more smashed up (not by me - my mum's a child minder and some of the kids she minds are little shits).

Cartoons from the 1980's? The most kick ass in the world,with the permission of the transformers ;-) , was without doubt ROBOTECH!!

ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!ROBOTECH!!

Kicks ass!!

I've got loads of my old transformers toys from the 80s. I doubt they're worth too much though as they were very generic and common.

I also have Micro Machines, turtles crap, and some great Ghostbusters stuff (now that was cool..)

Man, Transformers were great until they started making those 'micro-transformer' pieces of shit. The point of them was that they were these big, meaty machines - kinda detracts from the size value if you buy these piddling little toys that would get lost up your nose if you breathed in too hard...

Man i hated those things.

I had lots of the micro ones. I liked them because they made the big ones seem big in comparison. I also liked those transformers that could be assembled into one bigass robot. They were cool.

But then they released those "transformers" that had apparently lost their transforming abilities. That was simply pointless. Transformers that couldn't transform, pfeh!

What was the name of the evil transformer faction? The good ones was called Autobots.

Spike said:

Man, Transformers were great until they started making those 'micro-transformer' pieces of shit. The point of them was that they were these big, meaty machines - kinda detracts from the size value if you buy these piddling little toys that would get lost up your nose if you breathed in too hard...

Man i hated those things.

LOL, I think most of us figured that out by the time we'd finished reading the first paragraph.

Little Faith said:

The good ones was called Autobots.

Lobo said:

Decepticons were the baddies!!

Thanks. I've been trying to remember those two names since I got up this morning.

fraggle said:

Does that count as spamming?

Why? Sorry if it does :)

Yeah, the ones you could assemble were excellent - unfortunatly i was the only kid in school whose parents couldn't afford to buy an entire set of 5 (like the aerobots, etc) and build up the big bastard.

I wish i'd bought the original Megatron that turns into the handgun :) Could just imagine getting shouted at by mum and dad for pistol-whipping some kid with a transformer...

I didn'y have a full set either, but I assembled the bot using some spare decepticons from the other sets.

Yeah, I supported the decepticons.