Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IMJack

One Nation, NOT Under God, Indivisible

Religion is often a vehicle of control, as it is in the modern Middle East. The leaders are afraid of losing control over an enlightened, informed populace. Chasing Westerners, the bringers of change and enlightenment, out of Arabia is the first step to regaining control over the information and the people.

As for Zionism, the phrase "God says this is our land, so get out" is a religious-excuse-modified form "this is our land, so get out."

Religion is used by the defenders and "victims" as well. This whole "God bless America" and "God is on America's side" makes me laugh out loud.

We've got the American Jesus,
See him on the interstate,
We've got the AMerican Jesus
He upholds the President's estate!

Bad Religion rocks.

darknation said:

I never said mine was correct. I said your opinion was retarded. I'm basing this on analylis of your previous arguements, which were also retarded. My future trend models reveal that this will continue to be the case until some friendly passing surgeon reverses your lobotomy.

ah, DN, always knows it all ;)

IMJack said:

*IMJacks's views*

i respect your view, i just don't believe it.

We've got the American Jesus,
See him on the interstate,
We've got the AMerican Jesus
He upholds the President's estate!

Bad Religion rocks.

political punk does indeed rule. however, i'm not into all the down with america opinions they uphold. but i like the music!

gatewatcher
i respect your view, i just don't believe it.

That's all I can ask. Salüd.

political punk does indeed rule. however, i'm not into all the down with america views they uphold. but i like the music!

Ditto that. I like punk because it makes me think, even if I don't agree with what they're saying. Kinda like this thread: haven't had an arguement this good is some time.

You know, it just sickens me to see how few people on these forums believe in God, or any entity other than themselves. It's like, "Hey, I'll just look out for Number One-ME!".
You may not believe in God, or that there is a God, but believe me, it won't be pretty when you die and awaken to flaming torture and agony one day when you find yourself in Hell.
Go ahead and flame me. I don't care. Just stating the facts here, the facts I believe.

DooMBoy said:

, it won't be pretty when you die and awaken to flaming torture and agony one day when you find yourself in Hell.

For those who don't believe in god, in the words of the final doom, make sure you have rocket launcher in your coffin, you just might need it.
But good point DooMBoy

It should be noted that the "flame on" encouragement that used to be tacked onto P&R forum is now missing

However, you can't say that someone's opinion can be wrong. If it's their opinion..

You can say that they're wrong to have that opinion though...

You know, it just sickens me to see how few people on these forums believe in God, or any entity other than themselves.

Excuse me? It's how you live your life that counts, not what you believe in. Just because you're not religious doesn't mean you don't care about others.

I always find the view held by certain Christians that a greedy, money hoarding church-goer goes to heaven, while someone who spends every day of their life doing charitable acts yet is a non-believer goes to hell or limbo quite disturbing.

Many non-religious people have better moral standards and have much more ethical views than certain Christians, and are generally nicer people to know. Your post quite clearly demonstrates that you are rather arrogant and have a casual disregard for anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view, neither of which are exactly good qualities to have.

gatewatcher said:

not saying under god is one thing. not standing up is another. by not standing up, you are disrespecting your country. i don't think thats right.

Hmm...perhaps I should go over all the reasons I never did stand up:

1). Pretty much every line in the Pledge is incorrect...let's see:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America,
and to the republic for which it stands.

I guess this part is alright, and it proves that are country wasn't meant to be a democracy after all...hehe.

One nation under God,
Um...NO. Good thing they took out the God part. This country is supposed to practice freedom of religion...where does this leave us atheists? Are we not meant to be a part of this nation? Are we some kind of second class citizens?

indivisible
Again, this just shows that the pledge has nothing to do with the original purpose of this country. Everyone is entitled to their own views, culture, religion, whatever. You can divide this country in infinite ways. And its not indivisible in a political sense either. This country CAN be torn apart, externaly and internaly. From a couple hundred years of pompous bumbling, this country has made many enemies. Also, this country is not immune to revolution. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there was an uprising in America in the next 10 years or so. Right now there are the masses who have been pacified by propaganda into thinking Bush is the new messiah or something and that everything this country does is right, but there are also a great many people who are very angered at what kind of bullshit the government is getting away with. If these people ever get organised, there could quite possibly be some sort of revolution.

with liberty and justice for all
...except for all the slaves owned by the rich landowners back in the day. And the women who were treated like 2nd class citizens until only a century ago, who are still payed significantly less than their male coworkers. And the blacks who had to deal with both societal and political opression up until 40 years ago, who are forced into ghettoes because they have been snubbed by the government. And the native Americans whose ancestors were slaghtered by the millions by the government, and are now slowly dying on desolate underfunded reservations of poverty and alcoholism. And all the people branded as 'communists' by the government who were blacklisted and forced out of their jobs just because they had differing political views. And all the poor of the baby boom generation who were sent into a war that shouldn't have been and killed before they were even allowed to vote, while their friends who were lucky enough to stay home protested the whole thing, only to be mocked and called drug-crazed 'hippies'. And last but not least, anyone who is not American, especialy non-caucasiods, and very much so those 'dirty arabs' who can now be stopped on the street, imprisoned, and stripped of their rights at any time.

2). I find it amusing that I have to plege my allegience to a country I never chose to live in. Its just chance that I was born here. I guess I'm lucky that I was born as a girl in China (though my chances of being so were far greater), but just because I haven't been euthanized and I'm not living in a pile of filth doesn't mean my country is the all knowing greatest nation on the face of the Earth either.

Yeah, and I know someone is going to say 'Why don't you move, you dumbass', but thats a lot easier said than done. First off, I need money, secondly all my friends and family live here and it would be hard to just leave all of them, and I'm going to guess that changing citizenships is going to be a complicated bitch of a task.

3). I don't like the idea of having to pledge allegience to anything. What I do is going to be by my will alone, and not just because something says I have to. Humans are lucky to have free thought, so why can't we use it? Sure, its just a few words, but words can hold a lot of power behind them, and I don't willingly thow words around if I'm being serious.

And so, thats why I never said the pledge. Well, I did a couple times, like the few days following 9/11, just because I needed a little social comfort with all the fear and confusion hanging heavy in the air. Yep...

Well said dan.

[edit]While I'm making a pointless post I would just like to point out that darknation approves of this thread's title.[/edit]

DooMBoy said:

You know, it just sickens me to see how few people on these forums believe in God, or any entity other than themselves. It's like, "Hey, I'll just look out for Number One-ME!".
You may not believe in God, or that there is a God, but believe me, it won't be pretty when you die and awaken to flaming torture and agony one day when you find yourself in Hell.

That is quite possibly one of the ignorant things I've ever read on these forums. You know, the great thing about being an atheist is that you can have all the great morals and respect for others that religions preach, but with none of the strings attatched.

gatewatcher said:

in school, there were kids who didn't,and guess what? they are of arab decent and probaly celebrate 911.

Wow, you are dumb.

I am British, and there are certain things that I incredibly dislike about America and its culture: I guess that makes me "anti america" in some ways. However, that doesnt mean I condone acts of terror and the killing of hundreds of innocent civilians.

That sad thing is, gatewatcher is probably one of those people who would cheer if a nuke was dropped on Afghanistan.

Yeah, you can't just say "oh yeah, he's an arab...I bet you he's a terrorist." Arabs got beaten after 9/11, which isn't right. Not all of the Arabs are the problem.

lol, ummmm gatewatcher...I like your new title.

Doom II Guy said:

Yeah, you can't just say "oh yeah, he's an arab...I bet you he's a terrorist." Arabs got beaten after 9/11, which isn't right. Not all of the Arabs are the problem.

i didn't say that look at my post at the very beggining of the thread.

NiGHTMARE said:

That sad thing is, gatewatcher is probably one of those people who would cheer if a nuke was dropped on Afghanistan.

No, i am totaly against using nuclear arms. my beef is with Osama and Al Qeada or whatever. i would cheer if a bunker buster landed on his head.

fraggle said:

Wow, you are dumb.

I am British, and there are certain things that I incredibly dislike about America and its culture: I guess that makes me "anti america" in some ways. However, that doesnt mean I condone acts of terror and the killing of hundreds of innocent civilians.

well, if there were people in your own town celebrating the WTC bombing you might think differently. and that did happen.

DooMBoy said:

"Hey, I'll just look out for Number One-ME!".

If you're just doing everything you do because you fear an afterlife of torture otherwise, how are you looking out for anyone else but yourself?

Lament said:

heh, you are all such morons

Neither are you too.

gatewatcher said:

No, i am totaly against using nuclear arms. my beef is with Osama and Al Qeada or whatever. i would cheer if a bunker buster landed on his head.

And everyone in the next town over dies slowly of radiation poisoning. YAY!

RailGunner said:

i mean...... killing osama via doom

Ohhhhhhhhh....well I know of one wad that replaces some enemies with Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein.

I personally think an abolishment of all religion would cause more problems than it's worth. HOWEVER...

I do think that religion is the root of the largest majority of the world's problems, both now and all throughout history. There is no scientific basis for any religion - indeed, the very basis of religion is (granted, I'm twisting things around a bit but it still holds up) the lack of scientific basis; "faith".

Strictly abolishing it wouldn't solve anything; no, it must be erased in the thoughts and hearts and minds of people over multiple generations - I fear I will not see the removal of religion from the world in my time. But I cheer to think that my children or perhaps my children's children will; surely it will be a grand day for all mankind.

P.S. - I never stood up for the pledge of allegiance either.