Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Little Faith

Rammstein

I used to hate Korn because everyone liked them here, but now that they're somewhat forgotten and their new album just so fucking rules, I'm starting to enjoy them.

There is good nu-metal, mind you. Deftones kick major ass, for instance. And P.O.D. are surprisingly fun. It's just those silly Papa Roach (lead singer said in an interview: "for all the Portuguese fans, viva la cucaracha", and the cucaracha isn't even Spanish - dumbfuck!"%!) and Limp Bizkit who give it a bad name.

KoRn's first album was good. As far as numetal goes, they are pretty good, but thats not saying much. I saw them in concert with Rob Zombie and Videodrone.

I hate most numetal, especialy after Ozzfest 2001, where I had to sit through like 8 numetal bands to see Manson and Sabbath. There was Slipknot, Papa Roach, Disturbed, Crazy Town, Linkin Park, I think Mudvayne was there...it was pretty damn lame.

Tool is great. I saw them in concert in November. I think they sold out, but like 1/3 of the tickets bought were extras that people were trying to pawn off to each other in front of the Tacoma Dome.

And last but not least, I'm seeing KMFDM on Wednesday, so you all suck. Too bad En Esch isn't with them anymore, but oh well...it'll be fun.

If you wan't nu-metal that actually matters then go for Deftones. They're fuckin' great. Too bad most try to imitate Korn instead.

BTW Rammstein can hardly be called nu-metal. Their "tanzmetal" (that's what they say they are doing) is rather a hybrid between metal and synthpop.

Oh another nu-metal band I care about is System of a Down.

DooMBoy said:

I like Staind.
Aaron Lewis has an awesome voice for singing. Most of Staind's songs are really depressing to listen, i.e. "Epiphany", or "Waste".
However, the music is also really good, too, I love listening to them on gloomy days, when the sky is overcast and shadows fill the house.

God man you're worse than me and CAKE (once more for old times sake... CAKE, ah yes, I feel better). Anyway to avoid the typical music thread flamewar I won't comment on the music but Aaron Lewis is a terrible singer end of story.

Lüt said:

deadnail sent me some of the new Korn MP3s, they weren't half bad. If they keep improving at the rate they have the last 3 albums, their next one ought to be listenable all the way through.

I like korn, they're pretty damn good IMO. Godsmack too.

the_Danarchist said:

Staind sucks, Cake rules, now STFU.

Here here.
Aaron Lewis copied a classic song by Pearl Jam ("Black") and turned it into a piece of SHE1T!

Slick Idiot is going to be at the same place as I saw KMFDM on the 19th. That would so rule.

Davidoom said:

Aaron Lewis copied a classic song by Pearl Jam ("Black") and turned it into a piece of SHE1T!

Heh I got a live version of them playing Tool's song Sober from Liam - I like the intro, the only thing he says is "Uh, we didn't write this next one..." then they start playing :P