Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raymoohawk

does blood need mouselook?

so i recently got blood from gog and i dont know if you need mouselook to get trough the game. i always play doom without mouse aim, unless some mod requires it but what do you recoment for blood?

i see

i'm having trouble with mouseaim tho. i disabled the mouse movement in settings and now i cant get mouselook to turn on when i press the toggle key, even when i reenable the mouse movement. how can i fix it?

If you use the GOG (Good Old Games) version, you can just run SETUP.EXE in DosBox to toggle mouse aiming (I use 'i') and that should be that. I haven't run into any problems myself.

that website is atroucious looking XD

i downloaded bmouse from the website, but it doesnt run on my computer

goatlord i am using the setup.exe, but the mouse aim is horrible for some reason, it is very shaky. it feels like it only goes aims one direction at a time

petePESTILENCE said:

His cheats and secrets section! omg, i remember as a kid the stupid crap people came up with... But this is golden!

"Thanks to Tim at school". School was great for all these retarded rumours in videogames.
Play as monsters!
See Lara naked!
Get the secret ending!
And many, many more!

GoatLord said:

If you use the GOG (Good Old Games) version, you can just run SETUP.EXE in DosBox to toggle mouse aiming (I use 'i') and that should be that. I haven't run into any problems myself.

You can bind a key for toggling mouselook in the older versions too. Problem is, the engine's internal mouse handler is for some reason coded to accept input only on one axis per sampling (other Build games have the same problem). BMOUSE fixes this and I'd imagine the GOG version needs it too but I don't have it so I can't know for sure.

Also on a somewhat related note, if someone is interested in reverse engineering the game here's a tip for you: Blood Shareware 0.99B binary includes debugging symbols! 0.99A has them too, 0.99C I don't have so can't check.

petePESTILENCE said:

His cheats and secrets section! omg, i remember as a kid the stupid crap people came up with... But this is golden!

"Naked girl ending" is simply classic. I remember people spreading humors that in the genesis version of Moonwalker you could find the Spice Girls naked if you kicked a chair or something.
I also love how they get Duke's godmode mixed with Rise of the Triad's, where you can actually shoot fireballs from your hand.

FYI in the default mapset you can beat the whole game with keyboard look up\down. No need for 24\7 mouse aim :P. (Beside you can get invulnerability on demand vs most stuff with the crouch button, plz nerf)

Besides Bloodbath, you'll have to use it once; by pressing a floor switch in E3M6.

raymoohawk said:

i downloaded bmouse from the website, but it doesnt run on my computer...

You have to set it to run within the dosboxBlood config under [autoexec]. Just write BMOUSE, save the config, and then run the game. Do the exact same thing in dosboxBlood_addon to have it run in Cryptic Passage as well.

Obviously make sure that bmouse is in your Blood folder before running the game.

It's rarely necessary, actually. Its autoaim works as well as Doom does, and default Build Engine mouse look is weird.