Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The scariest moment of your life.

Doomkid said:

Trace and I talked about this briefly on the forums about a year ago, but I was in a similar but not as severe accident to him. Thankfully no other cars were involved and the Mrs and I were unharmed, but the scariest thing about it was cars turning a blind corner towards our wreckage at about 60kph.. Even after we survived the crash the worry of being flattened hung over us til this awesome dude stopped his car about 30m up and turned his hazards on to keep us safe. What a legend. Some stupid cunt actually honked at our wreckage before he (and shortly after, the cops) showed up.. Rofl.

Edit: I accidentally set a bin on fire at school with a cigarette butt, but before I got in legal trouble, I moved to Australia. There was only about 2 months between the initial incident and the plane ride. I'd only been here about a month when my brother emailed me that the cops were looking for me. Those few months of my life had some scary moments, mainly just overwhelming worry, but I escaped :)

Good memory!

TraceOfSpades said:

I can also hold tarantulas with no problem but freak out if a small house spider crawls on the floor in the same room as me.

I make zero sense.

Well, that's a phobia. And phobias make no sence.

When I was younger I had tons of phobias and most of them were stupid. And I still have some of them.
Btw, while I'm talikng about phobias, here's another story about a strange phobia of mine:

Back in 3rd grade at school I was already heavily into violent shooters and violent action/horror films. My parents complained about that, but I didn't give a shit about violence. The violence wasn't scary or disturbing for me. Well, atleast I thought so..
One day one of my classmates was, as usual, boasting about a new gif animation on his phone (at the time, we loved boasting about new cool videos, music and gif animations, that we somehow got on our phones (usually by bluetooth)). Upon seeing this animation other classmates laughed and said how cool it was. So, I was curious about that gif and asked that classmate to show it to me.
That gif animation basically is about some guy typing something on his keyboard but then he suddenly gets crazy and smashes his hands on keyboard, then smashes his head and there's blood everywhere and his eyes pop out and his fucking head falls apart, basically some really weird shit. I still don't understand what's so funny about that gif.
And that gif animation somehow really scared me, I literally had nightmares about it, and next time somebody showed it to me I began crying and beg not to show it anymore. That gif.. there's something truly terryfying about it..

I haven't seen this gif in ages, but I still think that I'd be scared if I saw it again, so if you know it, don't post it here.

When my son was about 7 we went to the wife's cousins for a BBQ in their massive garden. It was such a big garden that there was plenty of room to circle their quad bike around it. Dylan was obviously too young to have a drive but i did allow him to sit on one of the older nephew's knee whilst he drove. After one turn Dylan squeezed the nephew's hand tight onto the accelerator and the quad was pretty much speeding out of control. Dylan was oblivious to the danger but the rest of us were terrified not least the nephew who was both trying to wrestle control from Dylan at the same time as keep the bike under some sort of control. In what felt like a long slow motion sequence the pair of them narrowly avoided the gas cannister and BBQ grill and the nephew managed to slow the quad down before hitting a fence at the edge of the garden .

I honestly thought he was going to die and I was going to have to explain to his mum why I thought it was a good idea to put him on a quad bike. Dylan was in tears but only because the other kids got more laps around the garden than he did.

TraceOfSpades said:

^I am familiar with that gif and I never saw the humor, either.

Is it still available? I'd like to see what made it so "funny and cool".

Voros said:

Is it still available? I'd like to see what made it so "funny and cool".

It never went anywhere, I literally searched "man smashing hands face into computer gif" into Google and it spewed out a bunch of links.

And on that note I can see where it is intended to be funny (people raging out behind their keyboards) but I can also see where the gore aspect would take away from it. Something about eyes popping out never was humorous to me in any situation, and I imagine specific types of gore can affect people very differently.

When my regulator started leaking and I had to swallow mouthfuls of seawater until I switched to the backup regulator while 40 feet under the surface.

AndrewB said:

When my regulator started leaking and I had to swallow mouthfuls of seawater until I switched to the backup regulator while 40 feet under the surface.

Fuck that, dude. That's horrifying.

About 5 years ago I jumped off a ~60 foot cliff into a river, landed on my face and collapsed my lungs in the process. I was underwater for a ridiculous amount of time, and I thought I was going to drown. I managed to thrash my way to the surface and get in a raft. I got a helicopter ride to an emergency center (to the tune of $15,000) and was delirious with pain and then with the effects of pain killers. The rest of that day is a blur, I remember x-rays and other tests, then being in a hospital bed and being utterly wiped out.

I don't remember any other time in my life that I was sure that I was facing imminent death. Pulled through though, and it turned out the injuries were relatively minor. I won't be jumping off any cliffs that high anymore, though.

My Park management had made a 25 feet high heap of soft snow. I almost drowned in it. In one second I went through the (not at all) hard top layer and plummeted 4 feet down. Yes you can swim in soft snow because I proved it by doggy paddling the everliving shit out of all four of my 6 year old limbs and it just barely rescued me. Nobody noticed my struggle.

Looking back I guess you would have to be as flexible as a kid to do it and not crippled by any gown-up ailment at all. Hell, I can imagine the line being so finely drawn here that even having a bad day would impact your chances if you where a kid and then it grows exponentially with age.

There's more but I'll have get back to it....

The most scariest moment of my life, by a large margin, is any of the bad marijuana trips I've had. Is that weird? I mean, by a *large* margin, too.

Megalyth said:

About 5 years ago I jumped off a ~60 foot cliff into a river, landed on my face and collapsed my lungs in the process. I was underwater for a ridiculous amount of time, and I thought I was going to drown. I managed to thrash my way to the surface and get in a raft. I got a helicopter ride to an emergency center (to the tune of $15,000) and was delirious with pain and then with the effects of pain killers. The rest of that day is a blur, I remember x-rays and other tests, then being in a hospital bed and being utterly wiped out.

I don't remember any other time in my life that I was sure that I was facing imminent death. Pulled through though, and it turned out the injuries were relatively minor. I won't be jumping off any cliffs that high anymore, though.

I had a collapsed lung once, but it was a spontaneous pneumothorax. Not nearly as frightening. My friend landed on his back jumping off a 65 foot quarry cliff once. Highest I will jump off a cliff into water is 25-30 feet.

A scary moment I had occurred early in my life when I was just a young kid. I remember one day after school I was walking home, I decided to take a short cut through some bushes. It was autumn and there were leaves everywhere, and there just happened to be a nice pile of leaves waiting to be kicked. And as I did, I heard the sound of breaking sticks and I found myself falling into an open manhole. Fortunately I reacted fast and was able to hold onto the edges of the opening. I remember looking down into darkness and heard the sound of flowing water, but I couldn't see it. I managed to pull myself up and out of the hole. I remember walking home shaken and on the verge of tears. I never took a shortcut after that again.

More like moments. Multiple mental episodes, depersonalization episodes, being on the verge of death and committing suicide, a German Shepard biting me a few inches under my left eye, suddenly hearing things like glass breaking or banging on the walls that aren't really there, turning around after getting the mail and seeing my dog get hit by a van and fly through the air (they didn't even stop, just kept going), having a panic attack after smoking too much weed and believing it to be a heart attack instead, panic attacks in general give a sense of overwhelming doom, as I'm sure any other people who have them will agree. Being in the middle of a VERY bad storm in a car and seeing tornadoes form in the distance (out in the country at the time) while the sky is green and the rain is coming down hard and the wind is going crazy. Being chased back to our truck by a pissed off momma pig on a rampage as it slammed into it repeatedly. Helping my grandfather get his pissed off bull back in the barn (NOT fun), sleeping in a creepy fucking house where a family was murdered and the father kept firing his gun at things that reportedly were not really there. (It even had a little dungeon room in the basement with a metal door that could only be opened on the outside, and part of the wall in the dungeon room was painted over suspiciously. Around 5 or so years later they torn that house down completely but I'm not sure if they found anything, I also repeatedly remember seeing a man walk around the property and when I asked about it they said they don't know who that would be, no one should be walking around the house like that), being like 10 and my dad hitting some ice causing us to fly off the street, spin around and land in a ditch, being chased by pissed off hornets in the woods when I was around 6, almost drowning when I was around 7 or 8, I'm sure I could go on but I won't.

Not sure which was scariest but....

One time I was driving, doing the speed limit. There's a delivery van ahead of me travelling in the same direction and I'm a good couple car lengths back from him doing the same speed. A car in a side street on my left wants to get in the same lane as us. When the van goes by the car suddenly comes flying out and I have to swerve into the lane on my right to avoid the bastard. That scared the shit out of me. I was lucky nobody was in the other lane.

Another time I was driving my mom to get physiotherapy at the hospital. I entered a roundabout and this guy in a truck who also wants to enter from a road up ahead.... and I'm already in the roundabout. He decides to go, then completely stops in front of me. I had to apply the brakes and stopped inches from t-boning the idiot. Fuck I hate driving sometimes.

Hmmm I seem to have more driving scares than anything.

Doom Dude said:

Not sure which was scariest but....

One time I was driving, doing the speed limit. There's a delivery van ahead of me travelling in the same direction and I'm a good couple car lengths back from him doing the same speed. A car in a side street on my left wants to get in the same lane as us. When the van goes by the car suddenly comes flying out and I have to swerve into the lane on my right to avoid the bastard. That scared the shit out of me. I was lucky nobody was in the other lane.

Another time I was driving my mom to get physiotherapy at the hospital. I entered a roundabout and this guy in a truck who also wants to enter from a road up ahead.... and I'm already in the roundabout. He decides to go, then completely stops in front of me. I had to apply the brakes and stopped inches from t-boning the idiot. Fuck I hate driving sometimes.

Hmmm I seem to have more driving scares than anything.

Why I and my BF don't drive. It's not that we couldn't [be safe], but you can't trust the other people on the road to do the same in return.

Hellbent said:

that is an effin cool story! Would be a great opener to a film coming of age story .

Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up

This summer, Sean Connery is Piper Maru in the next epic coming of age film of the year: Manhole. Rated R.

Hellbent said:

The most scariest moment of my life, by a large margin, is any of the bad marijuana trips I've had. Is that weird? I mean, by a *large* margin, too.

I remember close to a decade ago, when some of my bud trips could be really frightening, and to this day I have trouble articulating what exactly is going on that causes so much fright. There tends to be these profoundly dissociative moments, where you don't really feel like you have a tight grip on your convictions or perceptions. I remember this happening a few times, and due to the increase in potency, it can still get a little weird sometimes.

For me smoking pot is like taking the red pill when I was really doing just fine on the blue pill. One of the trips was basically this experience of waking up to the Truth; and having done so, there is no going back; once you realize it, it's this horrendous realization that you will exist in this tormented state for eternity with it never improving. Basically; if there is a hell; I was in it. Thank God the high did not last forever; though it did leave me in a painful nihilistic state that lasted months; even years before it finally stopped bothering me. I will never smoke weed again. Ever. Or any other illicit substance. One too many "oh F*** I'm off the deep end" experiences. I'm pretty sure I would die if I took acid.

Strange to hear other people's experiences. I first tried it when I was 13 and laughed at about everything and ate gobstoppers off the floor, but that was about it. After that it was just a sort of mellow, easy-to-laugh feeling. I find it pretty fascinating how these things can have such diverse effects on people.

I don't know which of my 2 near death experiences scared me more so I'll slap em both here.

- I was running around like any other kid at the time and tripped over a stone in some dark alley and landed on a 8 inch long nail that some ass just left lying there, I had small impact on my chest and heard the classic metalic slice that follows with a stabbing so I thought I was brown bread. Lucky enough it only went through my hand and the thick flesh on the other side stopped the advance of the nail towards my heart by less than a centremeter... My hand swelled up to twice its size and I almost bled to death because I was stupid and I pulled it out of my hand.

- I was walking around at 1am to meet some of my mates and I took a short cut near a river, some grass had grown over a hole in the path and I was thrown into the river after I stepped in said hole. This caught me off guard and I had smashed my face into the ground on the way in, in response I pulled myself out using brittle nettles. I then had to walk home in the darkness wet through, some cunts also threw beer cans at me thinking I was a smack head gurning off his tits (when really I t
was just freezing). Then I had a chest infection for 2 weeks, it was a good summer.

mrthejoshmon said:

some cunts also threw beer cans at me thinking I was a smack head gurning off his tits

I'm not sure what this means.

Just couple days ago, i had some terrible nightmare, then i woke up and went to my car, it was still night and i was almost running to my car somehow scared. LOL The nightmare was op i guess. I have no idea about the whole dream was tho.

I went outside and forgot to bring my MP3 Reader with me, I had to hear people talking, That was annoying .