Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wereknight

What W-OS-Tablet you can recommend?

Because my Wacom's pen fucked up (my fault...) I need replacement for it. Honestly I just want new pen but they are quite expencive for me. Then, I search for tablet with Windows OS for:

1) drawing
2) working in standart MS Office stuff (like Word, Exel, PowerAccess (?), etc)
3) ability to take my friends with me and watch a lot of movies and serials.
4) listening my music everywhere I need. Like in cafe while I'm working on new sprites for my (and yours for sure) projects.

Important note: There's no any possibility to buy any of MS Surface in my town. Moscow only. Too expencive.

I just made this thread and people were not helpful.

Thankfully, I was able to find an open-box Winbook TW700 that comes with 1GB RAM and a quad-core Atom CPU. Though you'll probably spend more than $53, it's working pretty well so far. We'll see how it handles a Win10 upgrade.

Bucket said:

Winbook TW700

Looks interesting. But small size of its monitor... =\

I saw Lenovo Yoga 2. Is this good?

I have one of these:

RCA Cambio 10.1" 2-in-1 Tablet 32GB Intel Quad Core Windows 10 Black Touchscreen Laptop Computer with Bluetooth and WIFI

My main priorities were that it was a 2 in 1 (so it's good for content consumption and content creation) and that it was as cheap as possible.

I've had this one for over 6 months now; only complaint I have (for the price) is that the touchpad sucks. Of course, there is a touchscreen, so it's not really that big of a deal.

MetroidJunkie said:

How many laptops actually have great touchpads, anyway? I always just bring my wireless mouse along.

+1 Touchpads are no go. There are a lot of good options on small wireless mouse.

I can say buying the surface pro 1 was definetly a mistake. So why don't you want a pen display?

MrGlide said:

I can say buying the surface pro 1 was definetly a mistake. So why don't you want a pen display?

because they don't exist here and pretty expensive for just a hobby.

Nuxius said:

I have one of these:

RCA Cambio 10.1" 2-in-1 Tablet 32GB Intel Quad Core Windows 10 Black Touchscreen Laptop Computer with Bluetooth and WIFI

My main priorities were that it was a 2 in 1 (so it's good for content consumption and content creation) and that it was as cheap as possible.

I've had this one for over 6 months now; only complaint I have (for the price) is that the touchpad sucks. Of course, there is a touchscreen, so it's not really that big of a deal.

I saw some similar tablets yesterday in our local stores. Looks good enough + price is okay. But still, I seraching.

MetroidJunkie said:

How many laptops actually have great touchpads, anyway? I always just bring my wireless mouse along.

Yeah, but I mean that even in the world of crappy touchpads, it's bad. It's like the worst of the worst. Most touchpads are fine for at least getting around Windows in, ie opening programs and the like. But the touchpad on it fails on even that most basic level. Sometimes when you drag your finger across it, it will not respond at all for a few seconds, then it will just randomly click something (even though you never pressed down hard enough to activate the buttons underneath.)