Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

What is your earliest memory?

A partly cloudy day in late April 1993. I was two and a half. My sister was born, and my father was driving he and I to the hospital. I don't remember if we were there for the birth and went to go pick up food or if we weren't there for the birth at all. But I remember sitting in my carseat and my dad asking me if I was excited about being a big brother. I remember driving past tall businesses. Then I remember suddenly being in the hospital room and playing with the telephone. It was a red and sat on the sidetable. I kept picking it up and saying, "Hello? Hello! Okay, Bye!". All the while, my newborn sister was somewhere, the last thing on my mind.

Falling down a flight of stairs when I was about a year and a half old. Was around late 1995, I guess.

Apparently it's actually fairly rare to remember things from that early in life, but I've always remembered it pretty clearly. Maybe because it was a traumatic event.

I remember seeing my little brother for the first time. I was 3,5 years old. I also remember how I was surprised by the fact that he had no teeth.
I might have earlier memories, but I can't really identify how old they are.
I also have an old memory of baking some sort of cookies with my mom, but I don't know when was it exactly. Ahh, nice times.

My oldest memories are from a trip I took to Washington in 1994 around my 4th birthday. On July 29-30 me & my mom left my uncle Mike's place in Chicago & met my dad in Washington. On August 7 we visited Palouse Falls in Washington. On August 10 we stopped at this tiny restaurant in the middle of nowhere to eat some bison burgers, I wasn't a fan. On August 12 we visited Yellowstone National Park, I remember I didn't get to see a geyser because I had to sit in the car for getting into trouble. August 13 we visited Devils Tower National Monument, my parents talked about climbing it, but they would have had to leave me at the bottom so they didn't. Also I don't know the exact date, but somewhere on this trip I got super thirsty & drank some water from a lake, turns out it was a salt water lake, I wasn't happy about this & I was still thirsty.

I have a very vague memory of moving in to this shithole of a house when I was maybe about a year old, after we had moved back from Germany. My grandad was helping my mum move stuff in. This would have been somewhere around summer 1998 I guess. We lived there for 15 years :I
That, along with an equally vague memory of my 2nd birthday is all I can remember from the 90s.

I remember waking up very early one morning, and actually thinking to myself, "when did this all start?". I was only 3 years old at the time, back in 1988. Nevertheless, basic things seemed familiar to me, like who my mother and father were, and my grandparents.

I don't have any memories before I was about 6 years old. At that time I was addicted to the game Starsiege and in the same year K'nex released their "MechWarrior" toys. Buildable walking robots almost exactly like the ones in Starsiege. So for about two years I was completely addicted and obsessed with mech stuff and my dad bought me these to build when they came out. They were pretty complicated so he helped me make them. I still have the finished ones with the boxes and everything. I got all three. This was 1999 I think(?)

I barely remember anything at all. When I was 6-8, there was a broken, threadbare red сhair in the hall of our school (the only one there actually). I remember the small idiots who were fighting for it, lol. I loved it. After a couple of years it was removed and right now there's nothing at all.

I remember making a conscious decision to not crap my pants in the diapers, but instead go by myself to this toilet thingy that my elders had lately been lifting me up on. The strain of trying to reach all the way up to the handle on the toilet door was too much, making me crap myself.

It was the early 1970's...

One of the absolute earliest memories I have is smashing a neighbors flower pot by accident and the woman yelling at me, then my grandma yelling at her to the point where she was terrified. It would have only been months later that my dad, uncle, brother and myself were huddled around the screen baffled by how amazing Wolf3D was, and I vividly remember my dad laughing at the "Can I play, daddy?" difficulty on account that I was pretty much a baby still at that time. When I try to go as far back as possible in my brain's library, those are the two things that immediately come to mind.

• Trying to sneak to give my baby sister a bottle while she was sleeping, because I thought this was a good thing to do in my simplistic toddler thinking. This had to be sometime around me being barely 2.
  • My mom taking me to see Return of the Jedi when I was 3.

Earliest memory was of toddler-old me hugging the Beast in Disneyland, with my family taking pictures.

I have not been to Disneyland since, and that happened in 1999.

I was very small and crawling on the floor in our living room. There was a closed door between me and the kitchen, where some people were talking. Then someone came through the door to get me. That's pretty much my only memory until approx. preschool age.