Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

Games you'd love to see ripped off of or cloned.

Darklordrobert said:

Steam has plenty of Metroid and Mega Man inspired games but I don't see much that resembles Castlevania.

Slain! is the answer. Features music from a former Celtic Frost member too.

Voltcom9 said:

I'd like to see another Heretic game but really any 90's sprite based FPS would be great.

agreed Olds fps games are kind of Best but I would also
liked them into slideshows style or Something like
that.

MrGlide said:

I'd love to see a quake clone, or like a pokemon for adults (not sexually, but in violence). What about you guys?

You need to check out Shin Megami Tensei. It's basically Pokemon with dark occultist themes.

River City Ransom. It kind of happened already with Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, but that has a few too many annoying/cheap shots that bring on the sudden onset of tourettes for my tastes. But something like that.

something similar to Hogs of War's style of gameplay would be nice to see again. yes, it's basically Worms in 3D, but it did the turn-based strategy formula in 3D way better than Worms actually did later on, plus it had a much more in-depth campaign that got progressively harder, and you could promote your hogs to higher classes. also individual voice-banks for every hog from every parodied natonality featuring the voice-talent of the late and great Rik Mayall (actually, i'd want a Hogs of War 2 moreso, but that's probably impossible now, so a spiritual successor with elements of the game would be great.) also, a less punishing campaign. i'd be behind that train so hard.

DooMAD said:

River City Ransom. It kind of happened already with Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, but that has a few too many annoying/cheap shots that bring on the sudden onset of tourettes for my tastes. But something like that.

It's a darn shame you can't buy Scott Pilgrim Vs the World anymore. Would have loved to have seen a PC release for it.

There's a River City Ransom sequel currently in development, by the way.

Ajora said:

It's a darn shame you can't buy Scott Pilgrim Vs the World anymore.

Wow, I had no clue, I hate it when this happends. I always feel bad when I'v got games on my 360 that I'd love to recomend but cant anymore, like marble blast ultra.

You know, a new top-down shooter like Tyrian would be nice. One that wasn't yet another bullethell or touhou, at least.

Blood - no comments
Postal 2 - king of trash FPS
Classic Doom without jumping and vertical aim, full of speed, blood and crazy guns. Limitless posibilities!
Quake World - FPS - no sniper rifles, duels on FAST Rocket Launchers and LGs right into space!

Ajora said:

There's a River City Ransom sequel currently in development, by the way.

Awesome, best news I've had all day. Cheers.

This one?

Yeah, I'm definitely on board with that.

NoisM said:

Classic Doom without jumping and vertical aim, full of speed, blood and crazy guns. Limitless posibilities!

Did you mean "with" instead of "without", or is playing without jumping and vertical aim actually so good in your opinion?

Darklordrobert said:

Castlevania, either classic or metroidvania style.
Steam has plenty of Metroid and Mega Man inspired games but I don't see much that resembles Castlevania.

Master of Darkness, Odallus: The Dark Call, and The Soul of Dracula are all worthwhile Castlevania clones.

Another first person action RPG would be really nice to have too. The only two I can think of are Deus Ex (1) and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.
A clone of one of those would be fantastic.

nxGangrel said:

Another first person action RPG would be really nice to have too. The only two I can think of are Deus Ex (1) and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

System Shock. Strife.

Cyanosis said:

Forgot to mention but I'd really like a new Heretic/Hexen style game. Fantasy based FPS with minor RPG elements.

Maybe try Ziggurat?

Onimusha - Another Feudal Japan, survival horror game would be great, though I'd honestly settle for a remaster and PC port of the first game, throw in the second for added bonus and I'd be good.

Blood - Not enough undead wild west gunslingers battling evil demonic cults in the game industry. Though again, give me a remaster or a spiffy PC port of Blood with mod tools and I'd be good.

Command & Conquer - RTS as a whole honestly needs to come back, base building and all. But C&C's unique unit designs and cool concepts and amazing "villain", and mysterious resource to fight over would be cool to see in another RTS.

Dungeon Keeper - I have yet to try War for the Overworld but god damn Bullfrog were fucking geniuses in the 90's and it blows my mind more people don't copy their ideas. DK being their best imo, I'd love to see an all out Dungeon Sim where you create every little detail and warriors randomly come through and try to claim your treasure.

Heretic/Hexen - I'll go ahead and agree that an Action-RPG FPS would be cool to see again. If it could strike that perfect balance between character development and all out fast paced melee and magic combat it would really be one of a kind.

Honestly though, a lot of games I loved from the 90's or early 00's are getting brought back, remade, or have spiritual successors already. These last few years have been an improvement being a gamer, especially a PC gamer.

scifista42, yes, it's can be pretty interesting. I loved multiplayer of classic Doom, with new hardware this type of gameplay has great potential.

Gameplay design is about limitations. If "2D" platformers still exists, why "2,5D" FPS games are gone?

Pixel shadding technology must be great for it.

Cyanosis said:

Forgot to mention but I'd really like a new Heretic/Hexen style game. Fantasy based FPS with minor RPG elements.

I do wish Raven Software would pick the series back up off the ground.

nxGangrel said:

Bethesda has made millions off such games.

FLOSS clone of Battlefield. The linux fps market ... for the lack of a better term... is flooded with arena shooters, and the base is fragmented. On the other hand i can't think of one truly free realistic slow paced teamwork fps where vehicles come into play. The closest things I can think of are ETLegacy, which is harmed by a fatal combination of dlls + sv_pure, and Unvanquished, which is alpha and has higher system requirements than ETLegacy does.

I'd love a clone of Street Fighter III: Third Strike that has the parrying mechanic AT LEAST replicated 1:1 but a different cast of characters.

Hexen, Blood, Earthsiege (mostly Earthsiege 2), Mechwarrior 2 and Golden Axe - I really wish 2d side-scrolling beat-em-up games would become popular again. That was my favorite genre before Wolf3d came out.

dethtoll said:

Bethesda has made millions off such games.

Excuse me... Something interesting, simplistic and clunky and isn't made from Bethesda. I've done a great job avoiding Bethesda games.

Ajora said:

System Shock. Strife.

System Shock was terrible. Strife was alright.

Anyone remember the C64 and Amiga fighter Barbarian: the Ultimate Warrior AKA Deathsword?

It's USP was instant kill decapitation. I'd like to see an updated version of this game that has smoother movement and more characters.

Multiple player battle royal style matches and instant kills are two elements I am always suprised are not further explored in the fighter genre.

I just found a youtube longplay of Deathsword and remembered that this was one of several games a friend of mine got ahold of for his C64.
Very engaging game, but I admit that both my friends and I sucked donkey at it - we were lucky if we managed to beat the first fight and if we beat the second, it was a damn miracle :P

nxGangrel said:

Excuse me... Something interesting, simplistic and clunky and isn't made from Bethesda. I've done a great job avoiding Bethesda games.

System Shock was terrible. Strife was alright.

What the actual dick is this post.