Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Subscribed Threads

At the bottom of the page of every thread, you can opt to subscribe to a thread. Apparently it just makes the thread visible in your user control panel, and I think it sends emails to your email address whenever there is activity there, which seems ridiculous to me today.

Does it have any other use besides that? Does anyone use that feature? Usually when I log in here i just click view new posts to see what's going on.

I try to use it, but for whatever reason it never sticks. This is why I never get notified when people respond on the Doom 2 Redux thread.

YukiHerz said:

I get emails about threads regardless of subscription, it's pretty annoying, how to remove pls?

Go to your user control panel, look for Use 'Email Notification' by default?
Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in.

Usually if I posted in a thread, then I had the thread appearing in the "User control pannel" => "Subscribed Threads" page.

Since some month this does not happens anymore. So if I want to follow a thread I have to manually subscribe it.

40oz said:

it sends emails to your email address whenever there is activity there, which seems ridiculous to me today.

It's useful if you're likely to forget about that thread but really want news when someone replies.