24 members have voted

1. 1. Read the topic

• Super Shotgun - Doom 2
    • Spore Launcher - HL: Opposing Force
    • Serpent Staff - Hexen
    • Railgun - (Pick a game...)
    • Light Sabre - Jedi Knight 2
    • Other

These are just a few of my fave weapons. Vote for your fave or suggest another one.
NOTE: I'd have liked to have put the World's Smallest Nuke from MDK on that list, but it's not an FPS, so it'll have to do with a mention here.

The assasin's Staff of Set, hexen 2

fuckit the assasin's entire arsenal for that matter.

The Railgun easily.

If the light sabre in JKII had better control, it may have stood a slight chance.

Flak Cannon rules all.

Wraithverge is pretty neat too.

GS-1719 said:

If the light sabre in JKII had better control, it may have stood a slight chance.

Uh, you had plenty on control of the light sabre...you could even change styles.

Bleh.

And, uh, the boot from Duke Nukem 3D.

Powered up Firemace from Heretic - All those big, silver balls bouncing around, and when any one of them his an enemy (except a boss monster), it utterly destroys them, and usually sends them flying across the room. If you're standing on a teleporter when one of these happens to go through, it won't be pretty at all. There is only one way to survive being hit with one of these besides being invincible. If you have a Chaos Device, you will be warped to the start of the map, or if in deathmatch, a random spot, and you will lose half of your health.

Thunderstorm (powered up Arc of Death) from the nearly complete first episode of Carnage Galore III for Hexen - Instead of a bolt of lightning that travels along the ground and ceiling, you fire the still concentrated ball of energy. When it hits, it explodes in an expanding ball of electricity, which causes terrible damage to anything it engulfs.

Firewall from ROTT - This thing fires some kind of grenade. When it hits the ground, it causes a wall of flame to form and travel along the ground in the direction it's fired. Anything in its way will be roasted similar to the flame death of Heretic. However, after the fire stops, you see the charred skeleton standing there for a second, then fall to the ground in a pile of ash. If you aim it just right and you're fast enough, you can kill yourself with this.

I have many likes.

HL's Tau Cannon
OP4's Shock Roach, Barnacle, and spore launcher
Doom's BFG
Q2's BFG and Grenade Launcher
UT's GES BioRifle, Flak Cannon, Pulse Gun
Blood's Tommy Gun and Flare Gun
SS2's Crystal Shard and Worm Guns
DN's Shrinker, Freezethrower, and Pipe Bombs
Q2 Zaero's Sonic Cannon

Heh, that's a lot

The Shotgun from Doom/Doom2, the Super Shotgun from Doom2 and Quake2, and the Railgun from multiple games.
Oh yeah, and I also like the Ethereal Crossbow from Heretic, and there's nothing quite like the Hellstaff, especially when's it's powered up-that rain that comes pouring down from out of nowhere is extremely cool. ALL of Hexen's weapons rock-I like to punch the Ettins in the first level into oblivion. And the Bloodscourge, and the Timon's Axe, and the Wraithverge. All very cool.

Lightsaber.

Best thing since bread. Sliced bread. Sliced-with-a-lightsaber bread.

The shotgun from Doom, the heatseeker from ROTT, and for deathmatch nothing beats the tripbomb from Duke3d.

Modern era: undecided. I'll let you know.

The Venom gun in RtCW, Quake 2's chaingun and the BFGs in Doom and in Quake 2.

SG/SSG and BFG from Doom/Doom 2
Chaingun from Quake 2
Railgun from Quake 3: Team Arena
Crowbar from Half Life
Rocket Launcher and Sniper from Unreal Tournament
Flamethrower from Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Turok 2's Cerebral FUCKING Bore which SOMEONE decided to ignore...that weapon was the SHEEE-IT!! And let's not forget teh Voodoo Doll from Blood II...you could blind people with MP from that one, and Shadow Warrior's Nuke...that was just fun. Oh, and the Kato and Energy Grenades from Shogo.

Ichor said:

Thunderstorm (powered up Arc of Death) from the nearly complete first episode of Carnage Galore III for Hexen - Instead of a bolt of lightning that travels along the ground and ceiling, you fire the still concentrated ball of energy. When it hits, it explodes in an expanding ball of electricity, which causes terrible damage to anything it engulfs.

Holy shit, a tome of power for Hexen? I love you.

VileSlay said:

tesla gun from rtcw.

Uhh, mind telling me what's so great about the tesla gun in RtCW? I admit that the basic concept is cool, but that thing is far too weak to be a useful weapon.

You run a great risk of getting shot several times whenever you electrocute Nazis with it because very often, they can still shoot back at you, it's completely useless against bosses and in the very last level before Heinrich it's suicide to try and use it against any Nazi because they're so tough and fast in that level.
It's great against zombs, but unfortunately, you don't encounter that many zombies after you get the tesla (except against Heinrich if you really want to waste time squashing lots of zombies).

A few more fun weapons from ROTT are:

Drunk Missile - The rockets (about five at a time) they shoot may be heat seeking, but it doesn't look like it from the way they all wander all over the place.
Dog Mode - More of a powerup than a weapon, but it counts because you get to run around as an invincible dog, biting people.
I would put the Excalibat here, but it takes way too long to power up. You have to hold the fire button down for at least five seconds or so before it fires, and if you let go of it, you have to charge it up all over again. Needless to say, it gets annoying after a while. However, you can swing it around if you want to knock people around.
Dark Staff - It looks like a big rock taped to the end of a stick, but when it fires, it's guaranteeed to gib anyone it hits, except the boss monsters and machines. Turn on the Ludicrous Gibs cheat code and everyone you shoot will erupt in body parts that seem to greatly exceed the body mass from which it came (one soldier would produce enough gibs for five soldiers, heheh). Also, the projectiles they shoot go through the target and continues on its merry way. If anyone happens to be in the way, he goes boom too.

well, ssg from Doom 2, chaingun, rl and railgun from Q2, rl and plasmagun from Q3, flamethrower from RtCW, flakcannon from UT...

Venom and Flamethrower from RTCW.
Drunken Missiles and Dual Pistols from ROTT.
Lightsaber from JK1/2

Um

Callisto NTG, Falcon 2 (with silencer), Farsight from Perfect Dark (well there are only a few bad guns, but those are my faves)
DD44 from Goldeneye

That's part of it. I'll tell you the rest when I remember them.

The super laser from No One Lives Forever: One hit kills + bad 60's special FX + no body = good times.

The Chemgun from Renegade. Just the thought of hosing somebody down with pure Tiberium is worth it, even if they do mutate into one of those Tiberium critters.

wasted said:

well, ssg from Doom 2, chaingun, rl and railgun from Q2, rl and plasmagun from Q3, flamethrower from RtCW, flakcannon from UT...

Love the design of the gun, but hate the way how it behaves :/ a watergun

Im surprised no one mentioned the Devastator from Duke3D. I think it also wins for coolest name.