Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stafelloni

Space Trucker - Stealing assets from other fps games

Maybe the developers credit the graphics and sounds in the credits. Then again would anyone read the credits?

geo said:

Maybe the developers credit the graphics and sounds in the credits. Then again would anyone read the credits?

<B><R>Programming

<R>Ron "Maxwolf" McDowell
<R>Kyle "Fox" Polulak

<B><R>Sound Effects and Models

<R>Sam "Prowler" Coleman

<B><R>Published With Help From

<R>WE LOVE WOLVES
<R>MRS.ALPHA WOLFE

<B><R>Playtesters

<R>Whitewuffy
<R>Gwydion
<R>Breeze
<R>Adrian
<R>Ben
<R>Kyro
<R>Dmodoomsirius
<R>mysticdrew
<R>Uncle77
<R>BlooCat
<R>SashOK1993ukr
<R>Mikau Seafox

<B><R>IN LOVING MEMORY OF MATTHEW ZWILLING
<R>JUNE 5TH, 1995 - AUGUST 13TH 2014 19 YEARS OLD

Fox? Wolf? Alphawolfe? Seafox? Whitewuffy? Cat? Prowler? Sounds awfully furry to me. I'm surprised its not full of Sonic. That's probably racist of me to say.

According to one person looking into this, these publishers and developers use their games as methods to get pictures of their fursonas as steam backgrounds.

Some furries ruin it for everyone else who don't do this asset ripping shit or character theft in general..

YukiHerz said:

According to one person looking into this, these publishers and developers use their games as methods to get pictures of their fursonas as steam backgrounds.

My question is, why bother putting yourself in legal jeopardy when you can do the same shit much easier?

Look at this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/562220/

This "game" was released mere hours ago and already has over 100 positive reviews, which is basically unheard of outside of Triple A titles. On average there's about 20 single game releases on any given day, excluding all the DLC crap that gets shoved onto the store, so why should this game nobody's ever heard of get all the attention? (Reading the reviews on that page is quite a surreal experience might I add)
The reason is simple:
Its one and only purpose is to give people hundreds of achievements with letters on them, in order to form words in the achievement showcase. And Valve apparently has absolutely no problem with this kind of garbage being on their store.

Honestly I think you could dedicate a whole thread to finding strange anomalies like these, and you'd never run out of shit to find since the frequency of game releases on Steam seems to double every year.

Cheap game? Letters as achievements? I smell a card farm game.

200 reviews? Well it is a sequel and the original has 2,000+ good reviews and it was only released less than 2 months ago. Wow and people complain about the AAA industry churning out sequel after sequel.

I have 2 developer friends with dirt cheap games that both sold 1,000 copies on the first day... then nothing afterward.