Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shows you're currently watching?

Edited by Guest

I did a similar thing a few years ago with The Walking Dead. It was a great time, mainly because I was high and the internet was free. Shit was so cash. I had the theme music stuck in my head for a few weeks.

I'm currently watching The Next-Gen era of Star Trek.
Starting with 'The Next Generation' through 'DS9' and ending with 'Voyager'.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable.

Almost a shame it's coming to an end this week...

CSI: Miami (Horatio is awesome, hands down.)
Law & Order
Law & Order: SVU

I'm watching Star Wars: Rebels because I like cartoons and I like Star Wars. It's pretty decent, although it had something of a rocky start as the creators got comfortable with the material.

Past that I'm not watching a lot of TV. Used to watch a lot of Walking Dead though, and I followed Fringe when it was on. I keep meaning to go back to the latter to finish what's available.

MFG38 said:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable.

Almost a shame it's coming to an end this week...

DiU has been crazy enjoyable. I think my favorite parts of Jojo have always been the infectious overenthusiasm with which it acts out even the most mundane everyday events, so DiU has been delivering on basically everything I could want in a Jojo season. It feels almost like what you would get if you made a whole show out of the DBZ episode where Goku and Piccolo go to the DMV. I'm way behind on DiU but looking forward to all that I've got still ahead of me.

bedbug182 said:

I ought to get back to DS9 soon. I had been watching it with Seele00TextOnly, but we kind of stopped somewhere around the middle of season 5. The inconsistent writing and weak direction made it sometimes a bit of a chore to get through, but it had some worthwhile episodes, too.

Other nonsense I'm watching: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/watashiwakabocha

The Fall 2016 anime season has been kind of incredible. Flip Flappers, Sound! Euphonium 2, Yuri!!! On Ice, and March Comes In Like A Lion have all been damn excellent, and Girlish Number and Great Passage have been very solid as well. Nearly any one of those shows could have easily been my favorite of a given season, so for them to all be airing at the same time is pretty wild. (Plus DiU! I wasn't even thinking of it as a current show, since I'm way too far behind to watch week-to-week.)

Of the shows currently airing this season, Flip Flappers is probably my favorite. It's so visually arresting and imaginative, and the writing has been just as ambitious (and successful). Lots of remarkably effective use of figurative storytelling to handle the character-development side of things, and some well-done foreshadowing and surprises. It works on the surface level as an episodic adventure riffing on all sorts of genre conventions (it even has a Fury Road episode) while also building an overarching sci-fi fantasy plot that ties in with a character story about growing up queer. Great stuff.

Sound! Euphonium 2 has also been really good. Even though its overarching narrative progression hasn't been quite as polished and pitch-perfect as the first season's, it's still had its share of amazing character moments, and the film-quality art and direction are as stunning as ever. Even a comparably inconsistent showing from Euphonium still puts most other shows to shame.

Just finished watching Westworld last week. Very good show.

Still working my way through season 1 of Mr. Robot, which is also quite good. Dark, but good.

Ive heard good things about Westworld.

Ive been trying to steer away from TV only because I have other time consuming things that I consider to be more important to me, but its hard because there's some great stuff. I like to space it out to 1-2 episodes a day but even that sucks too much after-work time.

I'm really tempted to start up season two of Man In The High Castle and when Stranger Things S2 comes out im probably going to stop everything im doing to watch it.

Other stuff on the backburner that I'm too scared to start but looks pretty cool:

Narcos
Gotham
Mr. Robot
Homeland

I'm not watching a lot of live action shows recently...

Talking about anime shows i'm watching:

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/daimon9983

Miss Bernard Says and Tonari no Seki-kun are funny short series, the latest reminds me of Nichijou, but less insane than that anime.

Keijo [add a billion of exclamation marks here] is pretty hilarious, just loses some fun (along with some technical issues in the series), but is always fantastic watching nipples attacks and kamehameha with the asses.

Occultic; Nine is... weird, i don't get it. Also is from pretty long time i didn't watch it.

Myriad Colours Phantom World is a ok show. Nothing awesome, nothing horrible. Just ok. Nice. Opening is cool.

40oz said:

Gotham

I'll already watched the first season and watched big part of the second season some months ago, is a pretty cool show!

bedbug182 said:

Funny, I'm actually doing this exact same thing. I don't watch much of anything ever but this era of Star Trek brings me back many many years and is actually really fun to watch more now than it was then. Probably because I'm quite a bit older and actually pay attention to everything instead of waiting for any 'action' scenes to happen. I'm still going through TNG right now and loving it :)

Right now I'm watching the Arrowverse shows (Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl), Supernatural, and Hawaii Five-O. I did watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. too, but I missed to much of this current season, so I'll have to catch up next summer. That's it right now, but I am waiting for Doctor Who to come back.

MrDeAD1313 said:

Funny, I'm actually doing this exact same thing. I don't watch much of anything ever but this era of Star Trek brings me back many many years and is actually really fun to watch more now than it was then. Probably because I'm quite a bit older and actually pay attention to everything instead of waiting for any 'action' scenes to happen. I'm still going through TNG right now and loving it :)

Ha! that's crazy. yeah I'm still on TNG too , currently at season 4. DS9 doesn't kick in until about mid-way through season 6 on TNG.
I'm using this as a guide to the episodes , from what I can tell its very accurate.
http://startreklist.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/list-of-all-star-trek-episodes-sorted_05.html

DooM_RO said:

I watched 4 seasons of The Walking Dead in 2 days.

I'm starting to like Fear the Walking Dead a little more. Perhaps, because the back drop has been a lot more dynamic. The first season was alright, but I thought they really picked it up in the second season.

You guys are more enthusiastic about TV shows than I am, I've become a bit fussy with them, 2 years ago I would watch almost anything and like it to some degree.

Recently I've been watching something I've wanted to see for a long time, Nowhere Man. Heard good things about it and I've loved it so far, one of the best written and directed TV shows I've ever seen, I highly recommend it if you can get your hands on it. Only one season though but it's got 26 episodes and the story is fairly self-contained, unlike a lot of cancelled TV shows.

Captain Red said:

Star Track : The Next Generation in full for the first time. It's fun mentally ticking off every line of dialogue used in The Picard Song.

I finished watching through it a few months ago, I certainly enjoyed it more than the later series such as Deep Space 9 and Voyager and it had a more satisfying ending.