Shudder: scream, cry, kiss your ass goodbye.
Download version 1.9 here: http://sites.google.com/site/5thmanstudio/home/shudder
The latest action game by Mike MacDee redefines frantic terror. The world faces a cosmic crisis as inter-dimensional rifts devour the earth piece by piece to prepare it for a terrible entity's arrival. You play a troubled, paintball-loving adolescent who's been sucked into the nightmare world beyond the rifts, and must somehow find his way back.
Here's what Shudder has to offer:
- WADS control scheme as slick as a bloody hospital floor
- Point-and-shoot mouse-aiming in 360 degrees
- Three devastating weapons: the long-range rifle, the wide-spread shotgun, and the crowd-scattering concussion rocket!
- Three handy power-ups: don an unbreakable shield, double your firing rate, and turn invisible!
- Two difficulty settings: Normal for the newbies, and Frantic for players who just hate themselves
- Ten unique enemies: eldritch horrors from the depths of your worst nightmares
- 25 chaotic levels spread across three chapters, each more harrowing than the last
- Tons and tons of secret areas and booby traps
- Crisp, eerie soundtrack delivered courtesy of the FMOD sound system
- Stunning story and graphics by yours truly!
Shudder is still in development, but this thread will be updated on its release. In the meantime, scope out these awesome screenshots:
Pick 'em off from far away with the rifle....
...or run-and-gun with the shotgun up close.
And when all else fails, there's plenty of rockets lying around!
You'll need quick maneuvering and quicker wits to survive. Weapons alone can't save you from situations like this.
Shudder takes you through three creepy environments and kills you again and again with a well-balanced bestiary.
DOOM fiction at its finest! | My Doom-related maps. | Doom Mod Salad playlist on youtube.
Wine cat: hey help me think of some variation on "male gamers are trash" to be my new signature on doom forums
wwitch: ...what are you, twelve?
Last edited by Impie on Oct 2 2009 at 00:47